Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Team Vs. Hamilton


an-dee

Recommended Posts

Huge game on Saturday. Also marks the start of a run of more than winnable games so creating a bit of momentum will be important I think. I'd go:

                       Parish

Kerr     Hendry    Meekings    Jon

O'Hara   Kamara   Gowser     Allan

                           AJ

                      Moussa

Felt like we were lacking a physical presence up top last night, and although Moussa isn't great, his hold up play isn't too bad and he can be quite effective with someone up alongside him (another performance like the one against Thistle would be nice). Allan has to start, and I feel he's probably best suited to coming in off the line where it isn't as easy to crowd him out. It's not a strict left midfield role and I'd allow him the freedom to drift inside and get on the ball where he can hurt teams. I'm not a huge fan of O'Hara out wide, but he needs to play IMO (as do Kamara and Gowser), he's a goal threat and a really powerful runner, and I don't like putting AJ out to the right when he's more effective in and around the box. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Just now, an-dee said:

Huge game on Saturday. Also marks the start of a run of more than winnable games so creating a bit of momentum will be important I think. I'd go:

                       Parish

Kerr     Hendry    Meekings    Jon

O'Hara   Kamara   Gowser     Allan

                           AJ

                      Moussa

Felt like we were lacking a physical presence up top last night, and although Moussa isn't great, his hold up play isn't too bad and he can be quite effective with someone up alongside him (another performance like the one against Thistle would be nice). Allan has to start, and I feel he's probably best suited to coming in off the line where it isn't as easy to crowd him out. It's not a strict left midfield role and I'd allow him the freedom to drift inside and get on the ball where he can hurt teams. I'm not a huge fan of O'Hara out wide, but he needs to play IMO (as do Kamara and Gowser), he's a goal threat and a really powerful runner, and I don't like putting AJ out to the right when he's more effective in and around the box. 

I have a feeling that will be the team unless McCann decides to play EL Bak and not Allan.

I don't think Haber will be fit by the weekend or I would swap out Moussa for him..... in fact I would have Henvey for him.

Hopefully we announce a signing before our weekend game against Hamilton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, an-dee said:

Huge game on Saturday. Also marks the start of a run of more than winnable games so creating a bit of momentum will be important I think. I'd go:

                       Parish

Kerr     Hendry    Meekings    Jon

O'Hara   Kamara   Gowser     Allan

                           AJ

                      Moussa

Felt like we were lacking a physical presence up top last night, and although Moussa isn't great, his hold up play isn't too bad and he can be quite effective with someone up alongside him (another performance like the one against Thistle would be nice). Allan has to start, and I feel he's probably best suited to coming in off the line where it isn't as easy to crowd him out. It's not a strict left midfield role and I'd allow him the freedom to drift inside and get on the ball where he can hurt teams. I'm not a huge fan of O'Hara out wide, but he needs to play IMO (as do Kamara and Gowser), he's a goal threat and a really powerful runner, and I don't like putting AJ out to the right when he's more effective in and around the box. 

I'd probably agree with you. If nothing else, Moussa & AJ have done OK together on a few occasions and the team is one which we've seen before and generally done OK.

Faissal as an impact sub to bring a bit of pace and Henvey as a poacher could make a good impact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, an-dee said:

Huge game on Saturday. Also marks the start of a run of more than winnable games so creating a bit of momentum will be important I think. I'd go:

                       Parish

Kerr     Hendry    Meekings    Jon

O'Hara   Kamara   Gowser     Allan

                           AJ

                      Moussa

Felt like we were lacking a physical presence up top last night, and although Moussa isn't great, his hold up play isn't too bad and he can be quite effective with someone up alongside him (another performance like the one against Thistle would be nice). Allan has to start, and I feel he's probably best suited to coming in off the line where it isn't as easy to crowd him out. It's not a strict left midfield role and I'd allow him the freedom to drift inside and get on the ball where he can hurt teams. I'm not a huge fan of O'Hara out wide, but he needs to play IMO (as do Kamara and Gowser), he's a goal threat and a really powerful runner, and I don't like putting AJ out to the right when he's more effective in and around the box. 

I'd go roughly the same but a slight change:

 

              Parish

Kerr     Hendry    Meekings    Jon

O'Hara   Kamara   Gowser     FEB

                       Allan

                        AJ

No point using a target man against Accies - they have that Tomas character who is a bona fide giant and the boy McMann is not that small either - they are both howling at actual football though so lets keep it on the deck.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bubster said:

I'd go roughly the same but a slight change:

 

              Parish

Kerr     Hendry    Meekings    Jon

O'Hara   Kamara   Gowser     FEB

                       Allan

                        AJ

No point using a target man against Accies - they have that Tomas character who is a bona fide giant and the boy McMann is not that small either - they are both howling at actual football though so lets keep it on the deck.

 

This FEB better be bloody good considering how long he has made us wait to sign..... hope the Coxy doesn't get on his back before he signs..... I mean plays!

:lol2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

I'd probably agree with you. If nothing else, Moussa & AJ have done OK together on a few occasions and the team is one which we've seen before and generally done OK.

Faissal as an impact sub to bring a bit of pace and Henvey as a poacher could make a good impact.

Over the last few league games, I think this has seemed our most (likely) productive option, with known limitations. Both AJ & El Bak were so easily brushed aside by Hibs & unable to hold the ball up. Moussa can do this, and at the moment is the best we have at that task....ok, not an ideal striking situation, but only good transfer business will resolve that.

El Bak has pace & as a 30-minute sub, that's perhaps his most effective role.

Henvey has ability & an eye for 'the right place', but I think he's needing introduced gradually, maybe bring him on 5-10 minutes earlier occasionally. He attacked his headed chance well, even though he mistimed the header, and a gradual rise in his confidence may turn him into a good young striker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Docherty away to the Tribute act.

Devlin away to Aberdeen.

Surely good news ahead of our trip to the Gazebo.

MTD ?

Docherty will be a massive loss to them. I saw some of his stats on Twitter and they're really impressive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, an-dee said:

Docherty will be a massive loss to them. I saw some of his stats on Twitter and they're really impressive. 

Club captain punted to Aberdeen as well... 

Despite how much of a pickle they’re in, I can’t bring myself to be confident when we play them. Ever.

Fingers crossed we can begin an new era and start winning against that manky wee club regularly.

Starting tomorrow.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...