Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Absolutly Honkin

Bobby123

Here we go again, although 'established' is certainly a new one from proven or prolific.

What are the chances of an established striker/forward being available in January and willing to come to Dens because I don't think they are sitting waiting on the call from DFC.

I may be wrong and they are available but my knowledge of lower league players in Scotland and England is piss poor, but has anyone on the board here got any names in mind?  If not, maybe not any specific names but say another ALJS-type signing, a Rory McAllister type signing or is there anyone in the Championship or lower leagues here that takes your fancy?  Wattie came up with a few names the other day that looked fairly realistic but I don't think there were many takers?

Another point - say we don't get this established/prolific/proven striker in before the end of the window - would that a black mark against the managers overall performance? 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, EastLothianBlue said:

"No, it's not happy clapping"

Although I've stepped back somewhat on meh "HAPPY CLAPPING" of more recent times (nae mair likes)

I should remind you ELB, that it is mair than permissible to have a wee wander intae "Happy Clappy Land"

And wi' that in mind, eh'd like you tae ken, eh agree wi' yir post & have popped in a like. Mighty Dundee FC :wub:

8 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Here we go again, although 'established' is certainly a new one from proven or prolific.

What are the chances of an established striker/forward being available in January and willing to come to Dens because I don't think they are sitting waiting on the call from DFC.

I may be wrong and they are available but my knowledge of lower league players in Scotland and England is p*ss poor, but has anyone on the board here got any names in mind?  If not, maybe not any specific names but say another ALJS-type signing, a Rory McAllister type signing or is there anyone in the Championship or lower leagues here that takes your fancy?  Wattie came up with a few names the other day that looked fairly realistic but I don't think there were many takers?

Another point - say we don't get this established/prolific/proven striker in before the end of the window - would that a black mark against the managers overall performance? 

My thoughts also.....

Where is the striker who

1. Is available. 2. Is affordable. 3. Would want to come to us. 4. Would improve the team.

I can't think of anyone who fits all those criteria, (not saying that means they don't exist ;)).

1 minute ago, The Foosty Badger said:

My thoughts also.....

Where is the striker who

1. Is available. 2. Is affordable. 3. Would want to come to us. 4. Would improve the team.

I can't think of anyone who fits all those criteria, (not saying that means they don't exist ;)).

That about sums it up for me.  Don't get me wrong, I really hope that NM can pull the rabbit out of the hat and produce the player we all imagine we are looking for.  Might stand a better chance in the summer but I have major doubts about this time point in the season.

8 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I may be wrong and they are available but my knowledge of lower league players in Scotland and England is p*ss poor, but has anyone on the board here got any names in mind?  If not, maybe not any specific names but say another ALJS-type signing, a Rory McAllister type signing or is there anyone in the Championship or lower leagues here that takes your fancy?  Wattie came up with a few names the other day that looked fairly realistic but I don't think there were many takers?

Established, experienced, a striker with a decent scoring record, has played at a good level... take yir pick.

Motherwell signed that Curtis Main in the window and he has two from 2 games. English lower league player who will do alright.

Something similar to Leitch Smith with a decent record and I would be happy enough.

I’m confident we will avoid relegation but is that all we’re wanting? I just don’t trust Moussa and whoever else to find the goals for us that will help us progress and look to finishing as high as possible.

That little bit of quality can make all the difference and give us breathing space from the play offs. 

9 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Established, experienced, a striker with a decent scoring record, has played at a good level... take yir pick.

Motherwell signed that Curtis Main in the window and he has two from 2 games. English lower league player who will do alright.

Something similar to Leitch Smith with a decent record and I would be happy enough.

I’m confident we will avoid relegation but is that all we’re wanting? I just don’t trust Moussa and whoever else to find the goals for us that will help us progress and look to finishing as high as possible.

That little bit of quality can make all the difference and give us breathing space from the play offs. 

I get what you are saying but Curtis Main may have been established (questionable) but his scoring record was neither proven or prolific.  Very early signs are that they may get a return from him - too early to say for certain.  Motherwell have taken a punt on him so good luck to them.  If we had signed him, there would have been uproar from many on here that we were taking a chance on someone whose return is a goal every 8 games or 10 games.  I agree that the level he came from is probably where we should be and are looking and I also agree that we need to be adding to our striking options in the short term.  A loan until the summer would be my preference.

1 hour ago, Attilio said:

I get what you are saying but Curtis Main may have been established (questionable) but his scoring record was neither proven or prolific.  Very early signs are that they may get a return from him - too early to say for certain.  Motherwell have taken a punt on him so good luck to them.  If we had signed him, there would have been uproar from many on here that we were taking a chance on someone whose return is a goal every 8 games or 10 games.  I agree that the level he came from is probably where we should be and are looking and I also agree that we need to be adding to our striking options in the short term.  A loan until the summer would be my preference.

It’s also worth bearing in mind that Motherwell have a very good scouting network (according to fans on P&B), something we don’t have and it’s something McCann was keen to change. Maybe why more of their punts seems to pay off compared with us. It’s so difficult to pick up these types of player! 

If we'd signed some of Aberdeen's strikers we'd have been jumping for joy. Stewart 1 goal this season, Maynard nil, May has scored 2 since he scored against us in August, even Rooney has only scored 3 in last 17 games. If that's the return in a top 2 side how would they fare playing for us.

6 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

If we'd signed some of Aberdeen's strikers we'd have been jumping for joy. Stewart 1 goal this season, Maynard nil, May has scored 2 since he scored against us in August, even Rooney has only scored 3 in last 17 games. If that's the return in a top 2 side how would they fare playing for us.

Yeah but their midfield have taken up the slack and been scoring goals.

I would take Rooney in a heart beat right now.

2 hours ago, Attilio said:

I think if he keeps us up, especially if we're a good bit clear of the bottom 2 places at the start of the split, he'd get off with that......but if so, he will need to strengthen the squad in summer......but with quality, not quantity  :)

Adblock Detected