Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Absolutly Honkin

Bobby123

21 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Ahh ok thanks mate.

Very poor for a striker if I’m being honest but he’s played more of a winger for us these days or in the hole.

Wighton's natural position is in the No. 10 role which he is rarely played in. The times he has been played in that position have been some of his best games for Dundee (e.g Motherwell) and where most of his goals have come from. See videos.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
8 minutes ago, DeeSeven said:

Wighton's natural position is in the No. 10 role which he is rarely played in. The times he has been played in that position have been some of his best games for Dundee (e.g Motherwell) and where most of his goals have come from. See videos.

His best performance for me we against Motherwell last season. He was outstanding that game! 

Hopefully he won’t be too far away 

30 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

His best performance for me we against Motherwell last season. He was outstanding that game! 

Hopefully he won’t be too far away 

Huge fan of CW and going by recent pics he has really put on a bit of muscle - hopefully comes back and finds his feet. Could be like a new signing.

15 hours ago, Cobra said:

Lawrence Shankland might be an option. Still only 22, he's got 19 goals from 21 appearances this season in League One with Ayr.

It didn't work out for him at Aberdeen but maybe he's now more ready for the top flight.

I didn't realise he'd picked up again.

I knew a few boys who watched him last season and the consensus was that his fitness levels were horrifically low for the Championship and he was heading to the juniors unless he matured.

He could be a good player if he's got his head screwed on.

2 hours ago, DeeSeven said:

Agree with this. Not sure why recent years have begun to see any player who plays in the final third classed as a 'striker'. 

That to me has been much of the problem we've had in recent times with guys like CW and El Bak more number 10s and the likes of Moussa and Haber more target men.

In terms of actual strikers, since Hemmings left we've only had Loy (and we know how that went) and AJLS - who is beginning to prove to be the sort of guy who can put away chances and get on the end of stuff in the box (as does Henvey so far) - but who looks a bit lost when asked to do the lone role or contribute deeper. I thought AJ's finish at the weekend is exactly the sort of chance (it was a half chance really) that we've not been putting away since Hemmings left - and it was also fantastic to see Kamara contribute with an assist. I know he plays deeper but seeing his positive influence that high up the park is what resulted in the goal. It also meant that Allan's quick thinking didn't go to waste, which it so often can. 

On 1/28/2018 at 11:46, TheDarkBlues said:

I wonder if Dundee fans years back said the same thing about John Scott and John Duncan?

Despite some of the short memories on here, yes, I do remember so called supporters giving them grief.  We used to get bullied in those days, especially by Aberdeen. 

48 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

That has to be a pair of socks down there... we all know what steroids does to you! :o

Hell of a small head, looks totally out-of-proportion to the 'bulk'....must be a bummer trying on 'off the peg' suits.

To be clear..... ^^^ ....I'm referring to the one on his shoulders. :o

11 hours ago, Bubster said:

The title of this thread is an apt description of the opening post IMO.

In fairness to the OP he has been a consistent critic of Gowser, and the courage of NM in substituting him for Allan has not been mentioned, at least as far as I can see. Previous subs of Gowser have resulted in adverse results and almost uniform condemnation of NM as a manager. The main criticism has been that Allan was not in the starting lineup and El Bak was. 

Adblock Detected