Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

As A Fan/supporter Of Dfc ......... How Would You Describe Yourself ?

Gedee

Generally, I think, posters on The Dark Blue Forum are pretty positive, when it comes to matters around DFC.

However, just as some people appear to be able to pull out a positive spin out of any situation, others I think, appear to go through life, surrounded by the "dark clouds of gloom and doom" 

(This is not a crticism of either ....... just an observation)

I tend to go for the postive approach in just about everything ...... which might well be a daft way to go through life ..... but it seems to work for me.           Even if others might think I am a wee bit delusional !!

Getting back to DFC I am always surprised, when fans start picking over a performance of out team in a negative way, seeming  to focus on all the mistakes and weaknesses of certain players etc.

.........especially if it is after a game we have won !!

Probably this, in many cases is well justified, and it could be said, a more realistic approach ......(I get only to a few games, so I tend to believe the more positive comments)

.........I am no' quite sure at times, where that negative  approach takes us.

Anyway generally, or on matters pertaining to DFC, what camp do you think you fall into?

Optimistic = Happy Chappy (or lassie) ...........Or Pessimistic = Miserable Grumpy Git !!

If you decide to respond to the question ..........There's nae reason why you cannae lie !!

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Gedee, I'm generally pragmatic. I'm not interested in sentiment or emotion so I tend to look at both positives and negatives in any situation - when the negatives outweigh the positives I'm a doom and gloom merchant, when positives outweigh the negatives I'm cheery.

But when it comes to DFC I am a bit irrationally positive at times.

I'm probably a mixture of both.Never,ever moan at games.Probably a happy clappy kind of supporter.I will moan at other supporters mind you,the ones that get on certain players backs week in week out.That really gets on my nerves.

As a poster I tend to adjust to suit my feelings on each particular topic.Kinda getting into the politics surrounding all things DFC has definitely changed my views on certain things though.Looking back to when I just went games & got my info from the local press it was a lot easier although forums like this one have opened this info up to a wider audience.

Wouldn't say I was glass half full but not glass half empty either.Years of underachievement & mismanagement have probably numbed our feelings quite a bit.

Like to think I am a glass half full type in most scenarios that life throws my way.

There is one stand out exception to that and it's all things DFC.

Irrational, emotional, obsessed, ecstatic and depressed all at once.

Canna help it.. the range of emotions is never ending following our club and has resulted in me becoming the worlds darkest most troubled character to walking around on cloud nine due to the silliest wee things really.

Wouldn't have it any other way though.

Thank you above for responding so quickly.

And it appears to me, those of you who have responded, have been very honest in your own self appraisals/analysis. Well Done There.

Maybe the topic should not focus only on your attitude to DFC .........  but  "open it out"  to, how you see yourself as a person ?

On that basis, I can say, I very rarely let myself go too far down, be negative, or get angry, or argumentative, with anyone.

Not because I am a "wonderful person"  ( I am not)  But because I just learned by personal experience, taking on negative attributes/attitude, the person who suffered most .......  was myself !!

I am a calm and positive person (NOW) ..... But I have had to work very hard and long at it, to get that way.   

Supporting DFC of course, it's either that, or accept the fact you are going to have a life of nervous breakdowns !!

I'm on the negative side of realistic I would say with a slightly irrational hatred of ex dabs and tippy tappy dwarves.

Ivan .....Short and Sharp ....... That's a Great Post  !!

" ......a slightly irrational hatred of ex dabs and tippy tappy dwarves" 

It's the " sighty irrational hatred " bit, that appeals to me.

I'd describe myself as a cautious optimist, I hope for the best but prepare for the worst, I'm a hoarder which is part of my preparing for the worst, "It might come in handy one day" stuff, although I know it makes me a bit mental. When it comes to DFC I try and tell myself that its only a game of football, sometimes it works, others, not so much and I need to go looking for my dummy. Been pretty happy this season on the whole though.  :)  :)

Being young, I only just remember the glory days. I remember being a kid and watching out my window as Cannigia trained at forthill, wearing my cannigia wig with my JDB stickers on the window. I remember running down the stairs to get my autograph from Sara and queueing for a photo in the shop with caballero. And loving James Grady! And that was absolutely wonderful. But I was ten, and that resulted in a mess.

But I can't remember much about beating UTd and specific games. My teenage memories include standing in the freezing cold being excited about a win against the likes of livingston and raith. And then the passion of the fans to bring us back from administration. Twice.

So, really, I'm a very positive fan, especially now. Because when I think back to the crap I've watched before, it can't really get a whole lot worse.

Can it?

I'd describe myself as a cautious optimist, I hope for the best but prepare for the worst, I'm a hoarder which is part of my preparing for the worst, "It might come in handy one day" stuff, although I know it makes me a bit mental. When it comes to DFC I try and tell myself that its only a game of football, sometimes it works, others, not so much and I need to go looking for my dummy. Been pretty happy this season on the whole though. :):)

Cautious optimism is a very good way to put it! None of this 'winning the treble' crap that the 'WFDU' are prone to doing, but it's not healthy to be completely miserable. Cause, well, what's the point!?

Adblock Detected