Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Who Will Replace Jack On Saturday ?

TC86

Now that the dust has settled ( Kind of ) on Jacks move to Celtic the question is who fills the void on Saturday in what is going to be a massive match ?

I have been a fan of Odea since he signed for the club but I must admit he looks to have lost a yard in pace this season and has at times , I hate to say it , has looked a bit of a liability . The pros are he is a leader and you can see he's an organiser and maybe NM will go with that experience to try steady the ship after Jack leaving .

Big Costa has been out the picture for so long my worry would be he's a bit rusty ... BUT the big fella has never let the side down in any matches I've seen to be honest so I would have no problem if he is fit enough stepping in .

Waddell looks a real prospect for me and while not in the same league in terms of footballing ability as jack I think he can be a future club captain and a player we can build our team around for years ...Not sure if he's ready to be a week in week out player consistency wise just yet .

Julen .. For me I would like to see the manager give him the nod . I would say he is the closest footballing central defender that we have and I think he best fits in to the McCann style of playing from the back. I recall seeing him play a holding midfield role for us ( think he came on as a sub for Gowser ) and thinking he could easily play there regular and that to me shows how comfortable he is on the ball ...but he has had some bad injuries that must cast doubt on his long term future at the club . 

Will be interesting to see what he goes with that's for sure and personally I cant wait for Saturday .. DDYB !!

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, DBDU said:

Well I may have jinxed Jules if what ive just seen this second on Facebook is correct . Someone just posted saying Jules is out for the season ! 

If so the loss Of Jack has just been magnified !

Really disappointed at that, I thought it could maybe have been his moment. He's worked really hard to get fit but just can't avoid the injuries and get any sort of run together.

I think we're just going to have to hope on O'Dea to turn back into that competent defender he was when he first signed and get him calmed down.

3 minutes ago, DBDU said:

Well I may have jinxed Jules if what ive just seen this second on Facebook is correct . Someone just posted saying Jules is out for the season ! 

If so the loss Of Jack has just been magnified !

Yup Julen is finished for the season, and in all likelihood as a Dee as well. Meekings appears to be a game day decision so with NM not rating Gadz at all we're probably looking at at a Centre pairing of O'Dea and Waddell.

We've also added and English central defender on trial alongside the Dutch fella.

1 hour ago, DBDU said:

Now that the dust has settled ( Kind of ) on Jacks move to Celtic the question is who fills the void on Saturday in what is going to be a massive match ?

I have been a fan of Odea since he signed for the club but I must admit he looks to have lost a yard in pace this season and has at times , I hate to say it , has looked a bit of a liability . The pros are he is a leader and you can see he's an organiser and maybe NM will go with that experience to try steady the ship after Jack leaving .

Big Costa has been out the picture for so long my worry would be he's a bit rusty ... BUT the big fella has never let the side down in any matches I've seen to be honest so I would have no problem if he is fit enough stepping in .

Waddell looks a real prospect for me and while not in the same league in terms of footballing ability as jack I think he can be a future club captain and a player we can build our team around for years ...Not sure if he's ready to be a week in week out player consistency wise just yet .

Julen .. For me I would like to see the manager give him the nod . I would say he is the closest footballing central defender that we have and I think he best fits in to the McCann style of playing from the back. I recall seeing him play a holding midfield role for us ( think he came on as a sub for Gowser ) and thinking he could easily play there regular and that to me shows how comfortable he is on the ball ...but he has had some bad injuries that must cast doubt on his long term future at the club . 

Will be interesting to see what he goes with that's for sure and personally I cant wait for Saturday .. DDYB !!

I agree with all of that. Julen for me if match fit. I hope Jon is back in too though Holt has been fine. I'd drop elbak as his form has really dropped. Murray in for him. Yikes. 

Don,t think it matters who plays tomorrow, the result is everything.

Can see quite a low turnout, should we lose a soft goal the crowd will turn against the team.

Lose tomorrow and it may well send us into free fall, win and a lot of what has happened over the last few days will be largely forgotten about.

Massive game for us, here,s hoping we get a result and kick on up the league.

Meekings and Waddell are good players but both have been prone this season to some car crash defending so while O'Dea has struggled I think we need our captain in there for his leadership and organisational qualities.

I'd go with O'Dea and Meekings and I'm pretty confident McCann will start those two if fit.

I'm hoping that either O'Dea will adapt better to McCann's system or the manager will alter the system to let O'Dea play to his strengths.

Adblock Detected