Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

If They Were All Out Of Contract Who'd You Re-Sign?

Wattie Rojas

Parish 1 year Malherbe? Kerr 2 years curran 1 year holt free Jon 2 years waddell 2 years meekings 6 months odea free julen free gadz free Kusunga? Kamara 3 years gowser 2 years ohara 2 years deacon 1 year wolters free lambert 2 years henvey 2 years moussa free  Vincent free Spence free haber free ajay 1 year wighton 2 years elbak free. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Go with most of that Wattie except I'd give Meekings a year and an option based on games played and I'd only give Gowser one year (think we can get a better out and out defensive midfielder and more creative midfielders in so Gowser becomes back up for me).

3 hours ago, Generic0201 said:

weird how others see things different, only couple i'd agree with is kamara  and henvey. 

I think Wattie missed the word "realistically" from the topic title :)   

With a minimum of 16 new players, your team would need one hell of a long pre-season. Unless we just signed an entire team from someone.

Keep

Parish, Kerr, Waddell, Jon, Holt, Curran, McGowan, Kamara, Leitch-Smith

Undecided

Meekings, Malherbe, OHara, Kusunga

Release

ODea, El Bakh, Moussa, Deacon, Wolters, Julen, Murray, Gadhzalov, Haber, Spence

Ive included loan signings, but not youngsters. 

It's interesting that we're all pretty much in the same place but with one or two out. Unfortunately, we've got another year of O'Dea, Vincent, Moussa, Haber and Wolters on the books so it looks like we'll maybe need to compromise. I think if we maybe get 4 of them off the books, we will be in OK shape. If we get a good physical forward that can lead the line but maybe chip in with a few more goals (i.e. Hemmings), I could see Moussa maybe seeing out his deal just as a squad option to have as I think Haber will be more urgent to punt if his injury issues and lack of adaptability are still an issue at the end of the season.

I'd be tempted to look for a new 'keeper to come in as number 1 and keep Parish on as a reliable backup. I like Parish and I think he's very consistent which is a big plus but I'm not totally sold on his aerial ability being up to this leagues standard. Maybe someone like a Freddie Woodman or Remi Matthews type youngish 'keeper down south could be a relatively cheap way to get good quality.

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

It's interesting that we're all pretty much in the same place but with one or two out. Unfortunately, we've got another year of O'Dea, Vincent, Moussa, Haber and Wolters on the books so it looks like we'll maybe need to compromise. I think if we maybe get 4 of them off the books, we will be in OK shape. If we get a good physical forward that can lead the line but maybe chip in with a few more goals (i.e. Hemmings), I could see Moussa maybe seeing out his deal just as a squad option to have as I think Haber will be more urgent to punt if his injury issues and lack of adaptability are still an issue at the end of the season.

I'd be tempted to look for a new 'keeper to come in as number 1 and keep Parish on as a reliable backup. I like Parish and I think he's very consistent which is a big plus but I'm not totally sold on his aerial ability being up to this leagues standard. Maybe someone like a Freddie Woodman or Remi Matthews type youngish 'keeper down south could be a relatively cheap way to get good quality.

Of the 5 you mention who have another year I think only Vincent we would have difficulty releasing.

O'Dea I doubt will want to stick around if he's no prospect of being in the first team. Think he'd rather drop a level and be playing.

Haber is a Canadian international who has a decent reputation in the game so should have no problem getting other similar offers. There would probably be 3/4 SPL clubs who would take him.

Wolters I'm surprised is still here now considering he's supposedly struggled to settle. Don't think he'll want to stick around another year if he's going to have a similar year to this. He is one though who I wouldn't be too surprised if we did suddenly see improvements from though. Struggling to adapt is probably the reason he's not been a success rather than not having ability.

Moussa has probably actually not done his reputation any harm whilst here. His agent could probably get him a better deal somewhere else on the back of almost getting a Tunisia call up (supposedly). 8 goals so far in 22 appearances is not that bad on the face of it either. I'll be surprised if McCann wants to let him go though.

Adblock Detected