Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

James Mcpake

Doc The Dee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

It'd be pretty funny if we ended up getting money for him after we were mocked when signing him.

I imagine this will come down to whether he is happy here or wants another shot at getting higher wages. He's playing consistently and is well liked here which he's not had in his career for a few years.

SSN says McPakes contract is up at end of season.I thought he was on a 2 year deal?

That's what was reported at the time. Might mean one year with the club (and player maybe) holding an option for a second year.

Would make sense actually given his risky injury history and if we were looking at being relegated, we'd need to cut the wage budget or it would have been difficult to rebuild again.

Hopefully, Ferry, Roberts and Tankulic are on similar deals so Hartley can at least make as many changes as he wants without being burdened by pay offs. I don't imagine there are clauses in McGinn or Bain's deal but probably the rest.

I wouldnt want him to leave but i do think he`s replaceable and isnt as good as some dees say.

I find he's simultaneously over rated and under rated at the same time. I meet some people who love him to bits and think he's the best defender we've ever had and then some who rate him as a liability who's ridiculously injury prone (despite only missing two games through injury this season).

Truth is, he's somewhere in between that. I think he's responsible for holding things together quite a few times this season and the best centre half we have. We could replace him but I'd rather move on the weaker players first.

One year deal, with us (Dundee) having an option for another year up until a certain point is what I've heard last year. This point may have passed and maybe him and his agent are now looking further a field. Would make sense for Dundee to have that considering his injuries he has had. The club may have just wanted to say it was a two year contract last summer to keep the 'feel good' factor and season tickets sales going.

He's been good this season. Replacing him with someone better would be difficult I reckon. Considering we got him for nothing.

I really hope he stays.

I broadly agree with this, but of course everyone has their price. If it was along the lines of up to 50K I'd be inclined to knock it back myself, January isn't the time to be getting your transfers and we'd be unlikely to get an 'upgrade' at this time of the year. The difference in league placings would make it a risk to sell him for the money received I would guess and I can't see the offer being 200K plus so I would rather keep him.

Adblock Detected