Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McCann. A View From Afar.

Napper

Living in London I can only go on the TV highlights, reports and other fan's comments.. But, I get the feeling NM overcomplicates things.. is this the pundit coming out? over analysis  and tinkering.. One thing is for certain, he needs to find a striker who can actually put the ball in the net and a Harkins style player who can create..he must be seeing things on the training pitch about the strikers he has that is not translating to the pitch during games... NM comes across well in interviews and seems to have good plans for the club, but he needs to do more than talk a good game.. I know Rome wasn't build in day, but, DFC really need to start stringing some wins together. How many false dawns have we endured over the last thirty years or so?.. as you can see from today's attendance, the feel good factor needs to happen pretty damn quick otherwise, the club will never move forward.. other clubs, some smaller than ours, see to be able to get a run going and get the fans enthusiastic again.. even Kilmarnock FFS.. all it seems to be at Dens is one step forward.. two steps back..

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
37 minutes ago, Napper said:

Living in London I can only go on the TV highlights, reports and other fan's comments.. But, I get the feeling NM overcomplicates things.. is this the pundit coming out? over analysis  and tinkering.. One thing is for certain, he needs to find a striker who can actually put the ball in the net and a Harkins style player who can create..he must be seeing things on the training pitch about the strikers he has that is not translating to the pitch during games... NM comes across well in interviews and seems to have good plans for the club, but he needs to do more than talk a good game.. I know Rome wasn't build in day, but, DFC really need to start stringing some wins together. How many false dawns have we endured over the last thirty years or so?.. as you can see from today's attendance, the feel good factor needs to happen pretty damn quick otherwise, the club will never move forward.. other clubs, some smaller than ours, see to be able to get a run going and get the fans enthusiastic again.. even Kilmarnock FFS.. all it seems to be at Dens is one step forward.. two steps back..

McCann. A View From Afar.

Is the best way to do it mate. It's quite gruesome close up.

1 hour ago, Napper said:

Spot on post...its torture to watch, tippy tappy stuff then the opposition get the ball and they are in our box in a flash. We are so slow its criminal. Kamara, for all the skill in the world I doubt has ever had a shot at goal in his time at Dens. Time to up tempo, get aggressive and get wired in. And most of all we need a settled formation and a settled defence.

Agreed on all points @Napper

We’re never far from a crisis and seem incapable of stringing any sort of reasonable form together. 

The supporters need something to get the fire in their belly again. Even most of the teams around us have had a trip to Hampden or even a cup win to keep their clubs ticking over. 

For year after year, we’ve had sweet feck all and the apathy is beginning to kick in with a good few unfortunately. Just surviving in the Premierhsip and consistently doing nothing in the cups is becoming a less and less attractive way to spend money and free time for many.

We really do need something to shout about.

If we played as many passes in the opposition half as we do in our own, we would be doing ok.

Motherwell's teamwork was miles ahead of ours today, once again we were a shambles, a total shambles.

When our guys get over the halfway line, they get a nosebleed.

I'm fed up pointing out that we never seem set up to win, this cautious tippy tappy nonsense will sink us.

We are so easy to beat it's a joke.

24 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

If we played as many passes in the opposition half as we do in our own, we would be doing ok.

Motherwell's teamwork was miles ahead of ours today, once again we were a shambles, a total shambles.

When our guys get over the halfway line, they get a nosebleed.

I'm fed up pointing out that we never seem set up to win, this cautious tippy tappy nonsense will sink us.

We are so easy to beat it's a joke.

I did ask that on the way out of the ground today. What was the plan? How did we see ourselves winning that game today?

One through ball from Kusunga and one really good move that Moussa flashed a header wide (where else?) at the end of and the rest just about all came from set plays. 

Listened to the Provie Road podcast on the way to Dens today and the stat they came out with was 12 goals from open play all league season. Honestly, no wonder. 

Over and above that, you look at the likes of O'Dea and to a lesser extent Gowser and I have to be honest, I'm not sure they believe in what we're doing at all. Gowser is back to being Mr Angry and O'Dea looked for the last 30 minutes like he'd rather have been anywhere else than in the heart of our defence. AJ last week seemed to have absolutely no idea what was being asked of him, while Deacon has looked like he's going through the motions most weeks. Add to that El Bak just dismissing whatever his role is meant to be and doing his own thing when he gets on the park and it's a fine mess we find ourselves in.

Kamara is outstanding for us.Yes he isn't effective attacking as he maybe should be but if you look into the stats on his performances he's been one of the top few in the league.Tackles,interceptions ,forward passes completed in opposition half etc

He bosses most games he plays however goes under the radar sometimes 

Adblock Detected