Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McCann. A View From Afar.

Napper

To be honest, McCann's first season was never going to be without issues. We've appointed him as a long-term manager and I think if he grinds out the points, he should get another season at least to implement his vision.

As much danger as we're maybe in, it's not been completely hopeless. Faissal maybe being unhappy and some other players showing unrest is partially because they are not good enough to be regulars here. I'm sure Faissal thinks of himself as a prolific number 9 but we all know that isn't true.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
4 hours ago, harry94 said:

To be honest, McCann's first season was never going to be without issues. We've appointed him as a long-term manager and I think if he grinds out the points, he should get another season at least to implement his vision.

As much danger as we're maybe in, it's not been completely hopeless. Faissal maybe being unhappy and some other players showing unrest is partially because they are not good enough to be regulars here. I'm sure Faissal thinks of himself as a prolific number 9 but we all know that isn't true.

I think that's a fair assessment of the situation.

Re, for example, El Bak....when he's started, I think those games are when he's often been least effective. With his known (to us, anyway!) limitations, he's often been a good 'impact sub', as his pace in the final third of both game & pitch can give us an advantage.....yet recently, when we've had little threat on the opponents goal, NM hasn't used him. I thought Saturday was one of our classic 'it's half past four & we're 2-0 down' situations, yet we ended the game with only 2 subs used, a goalscorer of some 'out of the blue' goals unused on the bench & a forward (AJ) who'd had so little impact you could have forgotten he was on. 

This, like last saturday, is perhaps why El Bak might be unhappy with his situation. 

Once again, NM taking Gowser off when we needed to keep a grip on midfield to have any chance of recovering 2 goals, has started to become a regular occurrence, in games where we've had enough chances, and missed them.

I think NM will remain in charge, unless we fail to maintain at least 10th place, I'm not convinced the board will repeat last season's late change, and will take the risk that NM keeps us in the league. I just wish he could identify a good goalscorer that way he seems to be able to find good defenders.

18 hours ago, teddydfc62 said:

Kamara is outstanding for us.Yes he isn't effective attacking as he maybe should be but if you look into the stats on his performances he's been one of the top few in the league.Tackles,interceptions ,forward passes completed in opposition half etc

He bosses most games he plays however goes under the radar sometimes 

He is a good linking midfielder but has zero creativity...

6 hours ago, harry94 said:

I think there's more to why most of players look uncomfortable than that. No point squeezing players into a style that clearly doesn't suit them. That's not effective or the way to build for the future.

However changing manager at the drop of a hat helps no one. If (and I really do see it as an if) we survive this season I'll be disappointed if we change - unless a candidate that's too good to pass up becomes available.

2 hours ago, Spanish Jon said:

feel like we are DABs pre Levein, floating about bottom 6 and doing feck all in eh cups

maybe McCann is our Levein? someone with a clear vision for the club going forward?

Personally I have faith as his recruiotment has been good thus far

Not specifically aimed at you mate, but I really don't agree with that statement. 

1. We created and squandered some good chances.

2. We defended really badly at their goals.

3. Motherwell are a very decent side.

In my opinion we create a narrative based on the result and the result could easily have been 2-0 Dundee. 

It was a really disappointing cup exit but I don’t feel the need to over-analyse the manager and tactics. It just wasn’t our day and the attitude of the players was spot on. Bring in Killie.

5 minutes ago, Cobra said:

In my opinion we create a narrative based on the result and the result could easily have been 2-0 Dundee. 

It was a really disappointing cup exit but I don’t feel the need to over-analyse the manager and tactics. It just wasn’t our day and the attitude of the players was spot on. Bring in Killie.

I almost agree withC obra.Well are not 'VERY' decent-they are average.

If we had scored even one of our chances we had a chance of draw/win bur not in a millon years when we gifted 2 awful goals.So there are some positives to take from Saturday

The number of chances we created(as opposed to none against Ross Co)

Both their goals were gift wrapped

Kusunga looks like a unit

Caulker to come in alongside Kusunga should bolt together and this will help our struggling fullbacks.

Murray will score goals where Moussa cant and Murray will find better position than Moussa can so there will be rebounds for AJ to feed on.

Wighton to return hopefully soon to provide the skill.

Still hopes for us to avoid bottom 2 place although in all honesty it hangs upon our defence.

30 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If we'd have won 2-0 then obviously there would be less complaints, but we didn't - and that's the story of the season. So the narrative is now being built round that.

We've won 7 and lost 14 league games this season, with 4 draws. Ifs, buts and maybes are for the first third to maybe the first half of the season. Folk still saying it's early, that we're settling in, that we are still learning. Only 8 games to split and we're still settling into the season??? It's mid-February and the season finishes in May.

Absolutely. Well are average but they are solid and competent and didn’t make silly mistakes at the back. That was enough to win the tie.

The Ross County game was massively worrying. The Motherwell game went pretty much as as expected. For me anyway. Their form is impressive and they made it difficult for us. We had to take our chances and defend well to go through but failed to deliver in the big moments.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Absolutely. Well are average but they are solid and competent and didn’t make silly mistakes at the back. That was enough to win the tie.

The Ross County game was massively worrying. The Motherwell game went pretty much as as expected. For me anyway. Their form is impressive and they made it difficult for us. We had to take our chances and defend well to go through but failed to deliver in the big moments.

A few weeks ago we should have won at Fir Park.

What's changed?

Adblock Detected