Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McCann. A View From Afar.

Napper

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Absolutely. Well are average but they are solid and competent and didn’t make silly mistakes at the back. That was enough to win the tie.

The Ross County game was massively worrying. The Motherwell game went pretty much as as expected. For me anyway. Their form is impressive and they made it difficult for us. We had to take our chances and defend well to go through but failed to deliver in the big moments.

I agree with that mate. The problem is that we're getting to a stage where we're saying this stuff about Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Killie. Then we are needing to outfight teams like Ross Co.... Hamilton, Partick, StJ - are we seriously saying that there are three or four teams we can take points from between now and the end of the season? 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
10 minutes ago, barkblue said:

If we'd have won 2-0 then obviously there would be less complaints, but we didn't - and that's the story of the season. So the narrative is now being built round that.

We've won 7 and lost 14 league games this season, with 4 draws. Ifs, buts and maybes are for the first third to maybe the first half of the season. Folk still saying it's early, that we're settling in, that we are still learning. Only 8 games to split and we're still settling into the season??? It's mid-February and the season finishes in May.

Barkblue, our record against the bottom seven from the November international break until deadline day was excellent. 

The shit results back in August when McCann was starting Randy don’t feel all that relevant (even if they were damaging).

McCann admitted that the dressing room struggled to deal with deadline day so I’m prepared to gloss over that horror show.

Your concerns are 100% valid though.and I am worried but I think we might be ok. 

We are in trouble but I believe things are a wee bit better than you are making out. I felt there some good signs in the way the players applied themselves v Well.

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Barkblue, our record against the bottom seven from the November international break until deadline day was excellent. 

The shit results back in August when McCann was starting Randy don’t feel all that relevant (even if they were damaging).

McCann admitted that the dressing room struggled to deal with deadline day so I’m prepared to gloss over that horror show.

Your concerns are 100% valid though.and I am worried but I think we might be ok. 

We are in trouble but I believe things are a wee bit better than you are making out. I felt there some good signs in the way the players applied themselves v Well.

Fair points mate. Yesterday was OK, last week was dire. 

My worries come from my doubts as to whether McCann can make it work. Time will tell and I hope your interpretation is nearer the mark than mine.

6 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Fair points mate. Yesterday was OK, last week was dire. 

My worries come from my doubts as to whether McCann can make it work. Time will tell and I hope your interpretation is nearer the mark than mine.

I echo what you are saying mate. A few more hard luck stories and we’ll be relegated so I am worried. We need to deliver and quickly.

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 22:07, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Rumour is that  El Bak is hacked of with NM tactics and wants away...quelle surprise!

Let him go then. He's not a winger, and bar a worldy every blue moon he's not good enough up top at this level either.

That aside - NM really needs to improve tactically - this constant lucky bag team selection will see us in the playoffs

For me at home tinkering with formations/starting 11 to accommodate opposition doesn't wash.

We need to go 442 at home and let oppo worry about us.Its like NM has morphed into PH ffs.

Leave the tinkering to players who can understand/carry out instructions,we don't have the calibre for it,even if NM thinks they can,they can't.

Deja vu from last year about this time,alarm clock is ringing.

2 hours ago, GSD said:

For me at home tinkering with formations/starting 11 to accommodate opposition doesn't wash.

We need to go 442 at home and let oppo worry about us.Its like NM has morphed into PH ffs.

Leave the tinkering to players who can understand/carry out instructions,we don't have the calibre for it,even if NM thinks they can,they can't.

Deja vu from last year about this time,alarm clock is ringing.

^^^^^^ sums up the situation for me. NM can get things right, I am sure, just as PH managed to get wins to end our poor losing streaks. He needs to work with what he has and play to their strengths, rather than spending time trying to teach them how to play to his plan. There was mention in the press from one of our players that he has Plans A, B, C, D etc. Need to get a plan A working. The defence seemed solid when we had a 442 line up. Kerr Kusunga Caulker and Jon might be an upgrade, Parish needs to settle back down.

I think we sit deeper with O'Dea in the team which means we are playing a lot more passes in our own half and inevitably getting caught closer to our goal. Hendry wanted to go forward with his passing and often drove into midfield taking pressure off the back 4.

Hopefully Caulker coming in and Murray up top to stretch the opposition will mean a change in style.

Of the 14 games lost think of the following

Hamilton away

Patrick away

Motherwell away

Aberdeen away

Probably ,6 points at least thrown away there through lack of s striker

Probably more games but the killer was Partick away a 6 point swing

Defence had generally been ok - but we can't score.

We have our main striker with zero goals after 22 league games

Edited by Bobby123

Adblock Detected