Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McCann. A View From Afar.

Napper

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I thought McCann was naive to start with 7 new players on the opening day (if you include Waddell). Ross County were more of a team and we were punished.

The points we threw away at Hamilton, Partick and Aberdeen were ridiculous but we played well in those games and deserved more so that's surely some kind of positive.

If we were playing shite like last season and relying on luck and effort to grind out the odd point I'd be more worried.

McCann is not having a disaster like Kerno. He's doing ok and I think he'll become a better manager so we'd be daft to sack him. Appointing him in the first place made little sense to me (at the time). Getting rid of him now makes a lot less sense.

I think back to November when I posted a thread along the lines of 'does McCann care about defence?' after some car crash defending at Easter Road and we saw that he did care and was able to change things and organise his defence so for me he's earned time to do his thing.

Personally, I think managing Dundee must be a horrible job because we don't have the resources to match our expectations and all it takes is for 2/3 summer signings to not work out and you are in a relegation battle.

12 minutes ago, Barrs said:

The board have backed Hartley, and now McCann massively. Unfortunately they have wasted so much money on dreadful signings.

The greatest manager in the world Alex Ferguson signed Kléberson, Eric Djemba-Djemba, David Bellion and Fangzhuo Dong one summer at the arguably the world's biggest club. If Fergie can get it so badly wrong then Dundee signing crap players is inevitable.

McCann probably knew there was a good chance that Wolters wouldn't set the heather alight and he probably knew that Deacon and Allan would only deliver in flashes but you have to take chances and hope that somehow everything will click and you end up with a Tommy Coyne or a Jack Hendry.

12 hours ago, Cobra said:

McCann probably knew there was a good chance that Wolters wouldn't set the heather alight and he probably knew that Deacon and Allan would only deliver in flashes but you have to take chances and hope that somehow everything will click and you end up with a Tommy Coyne or a Jack Hendry.

Which will result in a bigger club offering cash we find hard to refuse and the manager has to try again.

Its a vicious circle for us and some fans need to be more realistic, I think we should be in top 6 but rebuilding every season doesn't help the cause. That wont stop me going and backing the team or moaning if I feel its justified. With the recent changes I don't think the negativity currently being shown helps anyone.

13 hours ago, Barrs said:

The board have backed Hartley, and now McCann massively. Unfortunately they have wasted so much money on dreadful signings.

The BOD provided the cash . Did they choose the signings   or did the manager  recommend the signings to them ?

15 hours ago, Cobra said:

The greatest manager in the world Alex Ferguson signed Kléberson, Eric Djemba-Djemba, David Bellion and Fangzhuo Dong one summer at the arguably the world's biggest club. If Fergie can get it so badly wrong then Dundee signing crap players is inevitable.

Yo don’t need to go into defend mode every time. 

No manager will succeed with every signing, the best we can hope for is a majority of signings being good. Hartley and McCann haven’t achieved this unfortunately. 

Then there’s the hit and hope signings of Yordi and Moussa. At least Yordi was signed as a backup, we pretty much put all our eggs in one basket with Moussa, which given his stats was downright ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, AMAPC said:

Its a vicious circle for us and some fans need to be more realistic, I think we should be in top 6 but rebuilding every season doesn't help the cause. That wont stop me going and backing the team or moaning if I feel its justified. With the recent changes I don't think the negativity currently being shown helps anyone.

I agree with all 4 points. If we can survive this season's relegation battle, NM should be in a position to consolidate his squad without the huge number of changes last summer. Since promotion, we've seen an almost 100% changeout in players, which is perhaps logical given the need to turn the club into a 'safe' premiership club. Changing managers frequently is, of course, a major factor in constant rebuilding.

NM needs to have a solid 'core' to the team, and he's definitely not reached that point yet, or we'd probably be more consistent in our performances. However, we also need to work on the foundations, in the Dev squad, and so far, it seems that part is heading in the right direction.

1 minute ago, WoodStein said:

I agree with all 4 points. If we can survive this season's relegation battle, NM should be in a position to consolidate his squad without the huge number of changes last summer. Since promotion, we've seen an almost 100% changeout in players, which is perhaps logical given the need to turn the club into a 'safe' premiership club. Changing managers frequently is, of course, a major factor in constant rebuilding.

NM needs to have a solid 'core' to the team, and he's definitely not reached that point yet, or we'd probably be more consistent in our performances. However, we also need to work on the foundations, in the Dev squad, and so far, it seems that part is heading in the right direction.

Woodstein ...  I have got to agree with your own response (And of course to AMAPC, which is in a similar vein)

Over-critcising & moaning over NM's performance I'm not sure gets us anywhere. Except we maybe feel better ;)

From a personal view, I accept we are again out of the Cup Competition. And there's still a question re-relegation.

Get through this season knowing there's a definite rturn to the Premiership next season ... And I'll be just fine:chaplin:

Result last night from the Dev. Squad. gave me a real lift. Weel in truth got me excited Think NM/DFC will be fine.

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Had haircut today and the only paper there was the Sun. Interview with NM and he said he had a second arguement with a fan last Sat. He is happy to stand his ground, says he is a Dee fan and wants to protect the players.

Aye a read that too, interesting that he mentioned getting verbals but hasn't been highlighted on here - reason I say that is because any time Bain had a spat with fans during a game it was mentioned on here.

The only consistent thing at Dens is the fans- managers change, players change, boards change - maybe part of the issue is the atmosphere created at Dens and that it doesn’t create a positive atmosphere to play in hence our long term malaise. 

thinking back to the one time the atmosphere was positive in recent times.  what did that team do but go on a record breaking run. Specifically I recall us being 0-1 down to QOS at half time and the team were cheered off - we then went on to win. 

Adblock Detected