Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Fine Lines

Mr Sensible

If Hartley had even managed two draws against the arabs, then we would be in top 6 and pushing on looking to possibly finish 5th....

My point is that probably our two biggest games this season has resulted in our two biggest defeats and arguably our two worst performances.....

Lets hope the progress continues and come the next derby we can finally lay this hoodoo......

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

They have a jinx over us at the minute, whats it been about 9 games? Hartley has to learn how to play against them, they play one way which is counter attacking and they kill teams by doing this. There is nothing wrong with us playing ugly football every once in a while as long as it gets a result.

Hopefull we get into the top six and get another 2 games against them, players are due us one.

I think this first season in SPL is about PH finding his feet.

Staying up is the priority.

Do think next season - PH will get the team,balance and formation he wants.

He didnt want width at start of season - he`s learned that a team needs it (by bringing in Harris and hopefully another winger)

Least he`s learned from his mistake, i thought Alex Rae was going to go on and become a very gid manager but never learned from mistakes plus he was far to much of a hot head.

If we want top 6 this season i think a left winger and a striker is required. If its purley about staying up then i cant see any more players coming in unless 2 or 3 leave,

If we want top 6 this season i think a left winger and a striker is required. If its purley about staying up then i cant see any more players coming in unless 2 or 3 leave,

I don't see scoring or creating opportunities as our issue CC33. We've scored in every game but one this season. In the last four games we've scored ten goals!

It's the fact that we are conceding goals cheaply almost every game that worries me.

If we have serious aspirations to get into the top half of the Premiership and stay there, we have to tighten up at the back and defend as a team far, far better than we are just now.

So Boba - playing devils advocaat (Al Pacino great film)

If it is the defence then why do i keep reading that.....

Mcginn - is a fantastic prospect
Konrad - up till 2 games could do no wrong

Mcpake - can do no wrong

Gadzilla - already worship with the name Gadzilla

Irvine - certainly cant do no wrong (white Cafu)

There must be something wrong.
Im no being a d1ck Boba - ive read nothing but praise over each defender yet our defence is the problem accoring to you

Personally bud i think the unbalance/formation in Midfield doesnt help the defence.
That said i dont think the defenders we have are as good as some say - well in fact they cant be given the fact we cant keep clean sheets.

Top six is tedious. Always thought that when we were down, and haven't changed my view.

It can wait. Seventh will do me just fine!

maybe but there is a large financial incentive for finishing in top six in both prize money and higher home gates against teams going for title and Europe. I used to think the same as you re ''big deal, not really an ambitious target"  but it could mean the differenc eto us in quality players for next season. so well worth aiming for as should be another way of looking at it - finish as high as possible - it is a competition after all.

The top 6 bottom 6 is a brutal concept ... only higher ups in scotland could think this is exciting - shows how out of touch they are.

Tho - i want top 6 for 2 reasons...

Dundee finishing as high as we possibly can  and

Games against DABS  Celtic and Dons to look forward too.

However - if we are bottom 6 but stay up i`ll be equally happy.

Mcpake - can do no wrong

Im no being a d1ck Boba - ive read nothing but praise over each defender yet our defence is the problem accoring to you

Personally bud i think the unbalance/formation in Midfield doesnt help the defence.

That said i dont think the defenders we have are as good as some say - well in fact they cant be given the fact we cant keep clean sheets.

you may well be right.. I'm dealing in facts and not opinions though.. We aren't good enough defensively and if we want to kick on as a team we need to let in less goals.

Mcpake - can do no wrong

I think it's a bit of both tbh.

McPake is a great defender for us to have but would probably only be a squad player for any top 6 side. Irvine probably the same. McGinn IS a fantastic prospect but does have a lot to work on defensively and if he can work on that side of the game then we'll kick on next season. Konrad is also relatively young for a defender and has shown flashes of being good and bad, again he wouldn't be more than a squad player at a top 6 side.

I don't think any of these guys are necessarily bad but with their limitations, we'll struggle to consistently finish in the top half of the table. For the guys we've got and where we've found them, we've done brilliantly and they should all be praised for making the step up and doing quite well. Unfortunately, we'll probably have to make some tough decisions there if we want to look at finishing even higher but that doesn't mean the praise is misplaced.

At the same time, we've played such an open system in many games this season and put a lot of pressure on the back 4. In some matches it's worked but in other games, a more compact system would have taken the pressure off and helped them out quite a bit.

This season is all about just being safe and learning about the league we are playing in and how we can do better next season. I think we'll easily do the first part of that so hopefully, we can relax and just try a few things out for the rest of the season.

For me our full backs push too far up the park and usually at the same time!?!. If you allow this then your defensive midfielder has to be very mobile with a great engine. We usually play Thomson as the holding midfielder and he's just not quick enough. Think our back four are decent, it's the formation that leaves them exposed IMO. Think we need to be more solid with full backs playing more defensive and a more "mobile" defensive midfielder. Less goals scored but less goals conceded.

Adblock Detected