Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Elliot Parish

Neil Cameron

57 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I thought he was at fault for both goals Jim.

He made a mistake at the first.Partly responsible for the second,but since he replaced Bain he has been solid.

I cant think of other mistakes he has made causing goals.Some of his saves have been superb.

It seems to me tat the criticism of Parish is OTT unless i have missed other blunders.

Can anyone point out other Elliot Parish glaring mistakes?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Just now, JimM said:

He made a mistake at the first.Partly responsible for the second,but since he replaced Bain he has been solid.

I cant think of other mistakes he has made causing goals.Some of his saves have been superb.

It seems to me tat the criticism of Parish is OTT unless i have missed other blunders.

Can anyone point out other Elliot Parish glaring mistakes?

His failure to keep out Boyle's effort at Easter Road was disappointing but he has made quite a lot of important saves. Personally I think he is good enough but there are lapses. Then again that's the same for the whole team.

2 hours ago, JimM said:

Partly responsible for the second

He's the only Dee who can see everything in front of him. If he stays on his line he easily picks up Holt's headed ball and it never in a million years results in a goal. Parrish at fault all day long for me. I appreciate its all about opinions though mate.

Bain was often accused of not coming off his line. Parish  fumbles the first goal o.k.  It looked like a decent save  but he  did not hold it.  He comes off the line and lays on the next, butb had the defence or midfield any contribution to the build up ?.  Knives out folks. Parish has done pretty well ,  but like most goalies he has made a few mistakes....as many as the no hopers up front who missed chances on Saturday????? ? That was an all over dreadful display on Saturday, not just Parish  , but a scapegoat is needed . Has he made some brilliant saves in his short term? Answer, "Yes !" Does he mostly read attacks well and position himself well ? ...".Yes !" Let me see, Jon  is due a bad game.... hmmm, get the knitting  needles and wool ready for the front row  at the guillotine  for  when he does .

After Jon has had his turn  of dissection from the fickle , it kind of leaves the ball boys or girls.... as soon as one drops a ball which has run out of play he/she should be sacked . I am surprised that Kusunga (( spelling?) has not been branded as a bad buy - did he make any mistakes on Saturday .:)

20 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He's the only Dee who can see everything in front of him. If he stays on his line he easily picks up Holt's headed ball and it never in a million years results in a goal. Parrish at fault all day long for me. I appreciate its all about opinions though mate.

Like Bain who was maligned for doing so  ? Get rid of Parish immediately but not the outfield players from Saturday  who played brilliantly  and made no mistakes or fluffed chances of scoring . Get Malherbe between the sticks right away---- hmmmm, have we all seen him at close quarters ? :rolleyes:

Just now, binhoker said:

Like Bain who was maligned for doing so  ? Get rid of Parish immediately but not the outfield players from Saturday  who played brilliantly  and made no mistakes or fluffed chances of scoring . Get Malherbe between the sticks right away---- hmmmm, have we all seen him at close quarters ? :rolleyes:

Not really understanding what you're getting at Binhoker?. I thought Parrish was at fault for the goals, I didn't suggest we should have him hung, drawn & quartered or anything. I just made an observation.

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Not really understanding what you're getting at Binhoker?. I thought Parrish was at fault for the goals, I didn't suggest we should have him hung, drawn & quartered or anything. I just made an observation.

If he stays on his line is he not just Bain Mk 2  ? God forbid that he ever fails to save a penalty .  Yes, he seemed to have saved the first allowed goal but then it was in the net- yes  his fault. Second goal , he came out too far . , so yes. Do you think that most of the outfield were as bad as Parish ? 

3 minutes ago, binhoker said:

If he stays on his line is he not just Bain Mk 2  ? God forbid that he ever fails to save a penalty .  Yes, he seemed to have saved the first allowed goal but then it was in the net- yes  his fault. Second goal , he came out too far . , so yes. Do you think that most of the outfield were as bad as Parish ? 

I'll respectfully bow out mate if that's ok. You're awa doon different dreels and starting new debates. I'll stick to my original assessment regarding Parrish's involvement at the goals. Moussa missing a chance doesn't make Parrish any less guilty of poor goalkeeping.

Over and out.

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I'll respectfully bow out mate if that's ok. You're awa doon different dreels and starting new debates. I'll stick to my original assessment regarding Parrish's involvement at the goals. Moussa missing a chance doesn't make Parrish any less guilty of poor goalkeeping.

Over and out.

Fair enough .

10 hours ago, Cobra said:

Was Bain actually a good keeper for us? You cannot really answer the question on here because he became such a divisive figure.

Parish does not draw needless attention to himself so thankfully we can talk about his performances without the baggage.

I can answer the question easily and my answer is yes .Parish.........two bad mistakes  on Saturday but has done really well with some outstanding saves.So far he has kept a low profile and has been popular in general.Look back at Dundee keepers and they have all flogged goals....even Rab,Bobby Geddes,Pageaud......We would not have won that game on Saturday in any case  as we could not finish good chances.Before the first goal I said to my son that I felt more confident about Parish than Bain and I still remain a Bain fan.

Adblock Detected