Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Sfa & Their Woes. The Saga Continues

While their 'search' apparently continues at slower-than-snail's pace, Hibs Leeann Dempster is the latest one to rule herself out of consideration for the chief executive job, which possibly brings the situation up to more ruled out than ruled in.

Meantime, next door, the even slower search for a new manager has taken some scary turns this week......with Yogi 'insisting' that he deserves to be interviewed, based on his level of success with Falkirk, Hibs & ICT. :o   But that's not the scariest thought....some bluenose is calling for a 'billy boys dream team' of Barry Ferguson & Bomber for the new Scotland management/coaching team. :slaphead: 

This is surely taking lemming season way too far? Great material for Jonathan Watson to work with for next Hogmanay's 'Only An Excuse' though. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that McLeish is going to get the managers job tomorrow.

I suspect that Regan has put a lot of work into O'Neil and the time he's spent has meant that other candidates have been picked up. When it's fallen apart, the board have likely wanted to blame him for it (even though they will have been participating) so he's thought better of it and jumped before he's been pushed.

I think they've approached Smith and McLeish on the basis of doing the job for the nations league and being a kind of extended caretaker manager which does make a lot of sense. It's maybe not ideal but without a CEO or stable board, no manager worth pursuing with the money we've been talking about is going to want the job. Seems the least bad solution right now with the alternatives being the anti-semite racist (who doesn't have that good a record anyway) and a youth coach with no experience at all.

We really shouldn't have pushed Strachan out if we knew this sort of board instability was on the horizon. I was sick of him but we've obviously not had the strength to appoint the sort of long-term replacement we need. McLeish can do a good job if it's the version of him from 2009 (I'm a bit worried he's maybe lost that from hearing him the last couple of years) so just hoping he is still with it and knows the Scottish game as well as he previously did.

McLeish already announced, so I guess he didn't deliberate when asked. It's just a 2-year contract, so it does sound like an 'extended caretaker' role. That's fine to me, as it covers the new 'league' & gives the SFA time to get their structure, governance & resources sorted out without necessarily affecting the national teams.

Yogi's demands must have put the fear into the SFA recruitment 'board' :)

Adblock Detected