Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Players In the Press


Wackyjim

Recommended Posts

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
1 minute ago, Wackyjim said:

We are going through a rough patch just now but I just wish the club would stop the players from speaking to the press IMO it does nothing to help ...earlier this week we had Gowser spouting pearls of wisdom now its Deacon:wacko:

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-streetwise-says-roarie-deacon/

I don't see much wrong with anything he says there?  It's not like he's winding up Thistle or anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

I don't see much wrong with anything he says there?  It's not like he's winding up Thistle or anything.

Not saying there is anything wrong HK it just seems like everyday a player comes on saying they need to do this and that and it all be fine especially after a run of poor results.... Just do on the park I think a lot of us are fed up listening to lame excuses 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Wackyjim said:

Not saying there is anything wrong HK it just seems like everyday a player comes on saying they need to do this and that and it all be fine especially after a run of poor results.... Just do on the park I think a lot of us are fed up listening to lame excuses 

Yep, I know.  But perhaps players are put in the position of more or less having to say a few words for whatever reason.  As long as they are not winding up our next opponents I'm not so worried about it - I understand others feel differently Jim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s always the same sound bites from the players and managers across every league and every team in the country and England ect.. saying the same stuff over and over.. just the way it is.

‘we will fight to make it right’  

‘boys have been working their ar** aff all week, bring it on’ 

then we’re pumped 2-0 

If there was nothing coming from the club then some people would be shaking their fists ana ? that’s just the way it is unfortunately.. bet the players are thinking they canny be fecked speaking to the papers spouting the same drivel ect.. it’s what they produce on the Park is all eh care aboot ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never bother reading what the players say in the press. It is cringy when they come out with this sort of stuff but then don’t deliver on a Saturday. Rarely this season have I seen us come out fired up the way they claim they will in the press. 

Not blaming the players for the sound bites as the club tells them to do it. Is there any benefit to the club in doing it? I.e do the papers pay them? If they do then fair enough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The club are expected to put up a representative to talk to the press and if they did't, in current circumstances, they'd be accused of hiding. 

Not sure what else the players can say really. Like others I just choose not to read it, because we've heard it all (good or bad) before. That however isn't really the players' faults. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought that we had a Press Officer, Tommy Young who in my opinion should speak to the newspapers. Journalists and Editors of newspapers can be guilty of manipulating an interview or story as I know to my cost.

Is Tommy Young still employed at Dens because he did not interview Cammy Fraser, Eric Sinclair and Gavin Rae prior to the 2018 Hall of Fame dinner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

I thought that we had a Press Officer, Tommy Young who in my opinion should speak to the newspapers. Journalists and Editors of newspapers can be guilty of manipulating an interview or story as I know to my cost.

Is Tommy Young still employed at Dens because he did not interview Cammy Fraser, Eric Sinclair and Gavin Rae prior to the 2018 Hall of Fame dinner.

Still don't know what this guy does, to earn his wage and get on the Official start of the season photograph, answers on a postage stamp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

Still don't know what this guy does, to earn his wage and get on the Official start of the season photograph, answers on a postage stamp.

Hi Rocky,

His father David seems to be the club photographer for all the games taking photographs of action on the pitch plus fans in the stands.

Tommy Young is an IT expert and I was expecting big improvements on the club website but nothing has really happened.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Rocky,

His father David seems to be the club photographer for all the games taking photographs of action on the pitch plus fans in the stands.

Tommy Young is an IT expert and I was expecting big improvements on the club website but nothing has really happened.

 

What's wrong with the website 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.


×
×
  • Create New...