Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee V Motherwell Ticket Information (Sat, 24 Feb 2018)

TheDarkBlues

This is a reminder that tickets are available for this match against Motherwell.

Tickets for the match against Motherwell at Dens Park are on sale now online and from the Ticket office.

This match is a Category B match and prices are as follows:

• Family Area Priced tickets available in the Bobby Cox Stand.

Rows A – Y, Seats 1 – 47 with prices as follows:

• Adult and one child under 12 £26,
  • Two adults and two children under 12 £50,
  • With additional children under 12 at £2.

Under 12 and Under 16 tickets can only be bought as part of a family group.

Prices for all areas in Dens Park are priced at £24 for Adults, £16 for concessions and £10 for Under 18.

Tickets are available from the ticket office, in person or by phone on 01382 889966 (Option 1) or online.

Buy Tickets Online

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
10 minutes ago, Barrs said:

£24 for Dundee v Motherwell, no wonder our attendances are falling. 

So, charge £19 and the club would not be able to compete with players wages with other teams in the league? Lower gate prices doesn't necessarily mean more people coming through the gates.

It seems that the fans want to pay lower entrance fees to get into the games and yet still expect the club to pay decent wages to bring in a better calibre of players.

Our attendances are mainly falling because we are not higher in the league and many of our terrible performances over the last couple of seasons. The gate price might have a part to play, but I don't think it is a major one.

However, if you look at our attendance history over the years you would have to go back to around 2000 to 2005 to see slightly higher numbers than the last few season.

From 2006 to 2013 we had an average of around 4k supporters. You would actually have to go back to the 1940's when we were bringing in crowds of around 20k each season.

Historically, we have only ever been pulling in around 6-8k support, except for our supposed golden years in the 1960 we were bringing in 12-17k which dwindled down to around 3k - 5k when we were in the then 1st division.

https://sites.google.com/site/dpc1893/dundee-fc/dundee-fc-average-crowds

6 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

So, charge £19 and the club would not be able to compete with players wages with other teams in the league? Lower gate prices doesn't necessarily mean more people coming through the gates.

It seems that the fans want to pay lower entrance fees to get into the games and yet still expect the club to pay decent wages to bring in a better calibre of players.

Our attendances are mainly falling because we are not higher in the league and many of our terrible performances over the last couple of seasons. The gate price might have a part to play, but I don't think it is a major one.

However, if you look at our attendance history over the years you would have to go back to around 2000 to 2005 to see slightly higher numbers than the last few season.

From 2006 to 2013 we had an average of around 4k supporters. You would actually have to go back to the 1940's when we were bringing in crowds of around 20k each season.

Historically, we have only ever been pulling in around 6-8k support, except for our supposed golden years in the 1960 we were bringing in 12-17k which dwindled down to around 3k - 5k when we were in the then 1st division.

That's the stats, and I agree we are a mid to bottom of the league club at present with a middle sized support. We need to do something to encourage parents to bring their own children and their children's friends to come along to our games. We have thousands of spaces available most weeks so if we get anything for them we are making additional money. Somehow we need to boost or at the very least retain the season ticket as the main way of getting in to our home games but we could look at adding benefits, like 2 kids for each ST. The difficulty comes from needing everyone sitting in the seat that they are provided with. Surely there are clubs who have different pricing strategies and ticketing arrangements that we could look at, and perhaps learn something.

I wish the DFC Board would try to explain what they think is the way to boost attendaces and what they are doing to try to achieve it. they are trying really hard to have good players and supporting our manager in the expectation that winning games will bring in more fans. Perhaps there is something more they could do in the area of pricing.

2 minutes ago, BCram said:

That's the stats, and I agree we are a mid to bottom of the league club at present with a middle sized support. We need to do something to encourage parents to bring their own children and their children's friends to come along to our games. We have thousands of spaces available most weeks so if we get anything for them we are making additional money. Somehow we need to boost or at the very least retain the season ticket as the main way of getting in to our home games but we could look at adding benefits, like 2 kids for each ST. The difficulty comes from needing everyone sitting in the seat that they are provided with. Surely there are clubs who have different pricing strategies and ticketing arrangements that we could look at, and perhaps learn something.

I wish the DFC Board would try to explain what they think is the way to boost attendaces and what they are doing to try to achieve it. they are trying really hard to have good players and supporting our manager in the expectation that winning games will bring in more fans. Perhaps there is something more they could do in the area of pricing.

I agree we could probably as a club be doing more to bring in the future generation of Dark Blues, I think the club are trying this via the Coxy as the family area (With family prices on tickets).

The sad fact is this, we will bring in more support is there is an end product on the table which people would likely come to watch. I don't think that getting beat from bottom teams like Ross County and Hamilton are going to help matters, lets face it, kids want to see their team winning as bragging rights come Monday morning..... don't think there will be much of that going on at the moment.

While I hate to say this, but having the Arabs in the same league and winning over them each game would help our support locally.

This time last year we announced a loss of £530,000 for the year to May 2016. If you cut ticket prices I imagine those losses would go up.

The new figures are due out in the next week or so. Be interesting to see if the sale of Stewart and Hemmings allowed us to break even.

12 minutes ago, BCram said:

Perhaps the new stadium is their answer to this? Possibly they think that fiddling with gate prices, given that there are restrictions and limitations on how much can be done in this area anyway and past experience might suggest the impact is minimal, isn't worthwhile.

48 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

This is indicative of a wider attitude in this country (UK and Scotland) that we want everything, but don't really want to pay for any of it, whether it be health service, emergency services, education, and on a much less important level, football etc etc etc. 

Sorry, a bit off topic and maybe too political etc to be suitable, but I just see more and more of this around me every day and it gets under my skin.

I kind of forgot about gate prices since I have a a season ticket. When I looked at that £24  for a game against Motherwell I thought wow, that is ridiculous. 

The attendances have very gradually fallen again this season and it’s a trend that looks likely to continue. There are well under 5000 home fans every week now. 

I’m sick of hearing the excuse that if we want to be higher up the league we need to keep putting the prices up. Bullsh*t. Our best finish in the league since we came up was 6th and we charged £20 that season. We charge more to get in than every club outside the top 5 yet we are way behind the likes of Killie and Motherwell this season. 

Is the extra £4+ per person we now pay per game resulting in better results on the park? No. All it does is allow our squad to be over inflated and then eventually the money is used to pay off the long term contracts given to the numerous deadwood players we end up signing. 

Twenty is plenty as far as I’m concerned to watch Scottish football. That would not have a drastic impact on our budget and would not have an impact on our chances of getting top 6. Then we would start to see our attendances gradually creep up again. But if we continue to put prices up year on year by a quid or two whilst the product on the park at best stays the same then attendances are only going to continue to gradually fall. 

The board really need to realise that its very easy to lose fans but very difficult to entice them back. Going to football is a habit. 

Adblock Detected