Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee V Motherwell Ticket Information (Sat, 24 Feb 2018)

TheDarkBlues

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

I was being 'conservative' (not a word I use often :)) it might have been 30,000....it wasn't his last visit, it was the year before that, and I recall people trying to sell tickets outside for below face value, so not a sell-out.

Fourth time I've seen him over a spread of 30 years, and still a phenomenal show, not far off 4 hours, great sound, huge screens behind so you didn't miss anything no matter how far away you were. He played over 3 & a half hours, no support, and was still going through encores when we had to leave to be sure we could get back to the Buchanan St car park before it was locked. 

A lot of other 'big names' could do with adopting his value-for-money outlook.

I was there and at the recent one and Ed Playhouse in 81. If you like him you have great tatse my friend.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
30 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I was there and at the recent one and Ed Playhouse in 81. If you like him you have great tatse my friend.

Only seen The Boss once. Hampden maybe 7 years ago. It/he/they were phenomenal.

Saw his guitarist, Little Steven with his Disciples Of Soul last year in the Glasgow Academy - 13 piece band, near 3 hour set. Just outstanding. The best gig of the year!

3 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Only seen The Boss once. Hampden maybe 7 years ago. It/he/they were phenomenal.

Saw his guitarist, Little Steven with his Disciples Of Soul last year in the Glasgow Academy - 13 piece band, near 3 hour set. Just outstanding. The best gig of the year!

My son was at the Stevie gig, and saw Garry  Tallent at Kinross. Next up is Nils at Queens Hall in May. Met him last time in Glasgow. Lovely man.

7 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

My son was at the Stevie gig, and saw Garry  Tallent at Kinross. Next up is Nils at Queens Hall in May. Met him last time in Glasgow. Lovely man.

Yeah, a surprising amount of high profile acts have started to play Kinross. Who'da thunk it?

4 hours ago, barkblue said:

Couldn't get to that gig, something important clashed with it, and last saw Steve van Zandt over 20 years ago, still a great guitar talent & very political with it. I still find it hard to not see the guitar player in him when I watch any episode of The Sopranos, or his superb norwegian series Lillyhammer. :) 

4 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Also missed Gary Tallent due to conflicting priorities.....but Nils on tour again, have to book tickets tomorrow, been a fan of his since the first Grin album, and every tour has been a different format....the 'Flip' band in the mid 70's at the Apollo, solo acoustic at the Lemon Tree & with brother Tom & the NL band in Aberdeen in the 80's/90's. Magical guitarist.

4 hours ago, barkblue said:

Yeah, a surprising amount of high profile acts have started to play Kinross. Who'da thunk it?

Great wee venue, 120 seats, bar & good pub food, so underused, can never understand why more people from Edinburgh/Dundee don't go there. The promoter, David Mundell, does a great job of providing a small 'club size' venue & books a great range of artists. I've seen Iain Matthews there a couple of times, a few other oldies, and last month the brilliant 'Live Dead 69/71' band, featuring 4 former members of the Grateful Dead. Loads of 'elderly' big names still touring (Stan Webb of Chicken Shack fame soon, Curved Air, Albert Lee, Maggie Bell, soft Machine), and some up & coming artists, all at fairly good prices. 

http://mundellmusic.com/venue-backstage-at-the-green/

I guess this is seriously off-topic now ;)

Adblock Detected