Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Stevie May Vs the Moose

Harold Finch

When Aberdeen signed Stevie May most of us thought it was a great signing, some of us questioned his wages, he will be one of the bigger earners at Pittodrie putting out of our reach wages wise

He has scored four league goals  the same as Moussa (two of them against us) and hasn't scored since November, this is in a team with GMS, Christie, Stewart, McGinn, Rooney all providing chances for him

Maybe Moussa hasn't been the big success we hoped for at the start of the season but he isn't killing the club wages wise

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Both have been p**h respectively.. The difference is, they can afford to have a  non goalscoring striker or a gamble as they have a bigger budget and don’t concede so many soft goals at the other end.. other players have contributed far more for them too which is why they are 3rd and we’re 9th I suppose haha 

ps I would have loved May for us before a ball was kicked this season.. hindsight is a wonderful thing ay ?

25 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Oh dear - Moussa's been a great signing and is every bit as good as Stevie May but costs a lot less.

Straws.png

Of course, as you are aware pb, that’s not what he said. Does make you wonder though, what level of criticism would May have received had we signed him instead of Moussa, for the same goals return.

2 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

Of course, as you are aware pb, that’s not what he said. Does make you wonder though, what level of criticism would May have received had we signed him instead of Moussa, for the same goals return.

Pretty much exactly what he said.

Had he signed for us and delivered the same returns he'd presumably be getting the same stick?

14 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Pretty much exactly what he said.

Had he signed for us and delivered the same returns he'd presumably be getting the same stick?

No, you’re response to the OP “Oh dear - Moussa's been a great signing and is every bit as good as Stevie May but costs a lot less.” Is nothing like what said.

You think he would presumably be getting the same stick, would he though, He’s not a foreigner you know:nudgewink:

50 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

There is a well known saying “two wrongs does not make a right”.

May and Moussa have both been disappointing this season to say the least but in my opinion Stevie May  would have been a far better goal scorer from open play if he had signed for Dundee than Moussa.

Fair enough islay, but what makes you think he could score more for Dundee than he has for Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, Derekgow said:

No, you’re response to the OP “Oh dear - Moussa's been a great signing and is every bit as good as Stevie May but costs a lot less.” Is nothing like what said.

You think he would presumably be getting the same stick, would he though, He’s not a foreigner you know:nudgewink:

We'll agree to disagree.

I reckon he'd have got the same stick, probably 'past it', 'long past his due date' and the like along with the typical 'one of the best paid players' criticisms.

30 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

Fair enough islay, but what makes you think he could score more for Dundee than he has for Aberdeen.

For a kick off Stevie May would have probably played a lot more games for us than he has for Aberdeen where he has a lot more competition for starting place in the first team.

In my opionion Stevie May is another player who should have remained at this club in Scotland for at least another two years rather than having delusions of grandeur and transferring to an English club.

Last Saturday I thought that Moussa was going to score during the first half when he hooked his shot just wide of the goal.

However I think that Moussa is “out of his depth” as an striker  in the Premier League. 

He might be a bit better in the Championship but if he is on a one year contract he will disappear into the sunset at the end of this season probably never to be heard of again.

2 hours ago, Derekgow said:

Not sure if that's tongue in cheek or not (even with the emoji) but I don't think ANY of the stick Moussa has received has been to do with his nationality. It's to do with him not scoring many goals.

Baird, Nish etc etc etc were given equal short shrift. 

Adblock Detected