Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Eddie Jones

Until now, England's rugby coach used public transport because he considers himself a normal guy but he can't do that anymore about being physically and verbally abused on his return south after the game at the weekend. What an embarrassment. The guy has always shown great respect to Scotland.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
5 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Were the imbeciles rugby fans or anything to do with rugby?. I doubt it.

I wasn't hitting on the sport there but there is this really annoying mantra that gets repeated by a lot of our press about how football fans are all hooligans and rugby fans know how to behave.

I've seen groups of rugby fans signing homophobic songs, cheering suggestions of mild sexual assault and falling around blind drunk on public transport. Difference in culture is that the police tend to approach them by laughing around and giving them a hug while engaging in 'bants' while with football fans, they are definitely treated much firmer in the majority of cases.

Obviously that's generalising but I just don't really feel comfortable with a lot of sh*tty behaviour I've seen which seems to be excused away and ignored quite easily.

The SNP won't allow regular football fans to enjoy a half-time pint because they fear they'll start a riot. I wonder if there will be any discussion about banning booze at Murrayfield after the disgusting treatment of Jones. I suspect not.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

The SNP won't allow regular football fans to enjoy a half-time pint because they fear they'll start a riot. I wonder if there will be any discussion about banning booze at Murrayfield after the disgusting treatment of Jones. I suspect not.

To be fair Cobra, football fans have caused trouble inside and outside stadiums - this incident was on a train the day after the game.  It's a world apart.

4 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

To be fair Cobra, football fans have caused trouble inside and outside stadiums - this incident was on a train the day after the game.  It's a world apart.

The Scottish government believes that Scottish football fans in 2018 should be banned from having access to a half-time bar because Old Firm fans rioted 40 years ago (after being allowed to take carry-outs into the game).

Banning alcohol at Murrayfield because of the appalling behaviour last weekend doesn't make a lot of sense but it makes more sense than the idiotic ban on half-time bars at football grounds.

26 minutes ago, Cobra said:

The Scottish government believes that Scottish football fans in 2018 should be banned from having access to a half-time bar because Old Firm fans rioted 40 years ago (after being allowed to take carry-outs into the game).

Banning alcohol at Murrayfield because of the appalling behaviour last weekend doesn't make a lot of sense but it makes more sense than the idiotic ban on half-time bars at football grounds.

I don't necessarily agree with banning drinking inside grounds Cobra - it's kinda stupid given most fans can have a skinful before the game and still get in so it's pretty futile.  I just don't see any connection to what happened to Jones given it was day after the game and on a train.

13 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

I don't necessarily agree with banning drinking inside grounds Cobra - it's kinda stupid given most fans can have a skinful before the game and still get in so it's pretty futile.  I just don't see any connection to what happened to Jones given it was day after the game and on a train.

This, I saw the clip on the lunchtime news, you can't legislate against random tw*ttish behaviour. I think its a bit of a stretch to link it to drinking at football or even at the rugby, it happened the day after, in Manchester. 

I'm keen for Scottish football to be treated the same as any other form of entertainment but this isn't the justification to treat rugby fans as sh*t as we get treated.

In the 1960’s and 70’s football fans throughout Scotland including ourselves used to sing songs questioning the referee’s birth but in this “sanitised” age It now never happens. 

People instead post hurtful comments on social media and forums hiding behind their Username. 

I am surprised that Eddie Jones travelled back to Manchester himself rather than returning as part of the official England Rugby  party.

Edited by islaydarkblue
Typo

30 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

HK, punishing all Scottish rugby fans because a minority of p*ssed up fans embarrassed the nation and their sport by attacking a rival coach has an ounce of logic to it.

Telling e.g. Arbroath fans they can't be trusted with a half-time pint because football fans are inherently violent or because of an incident 40 years ago is insulting and absurd.

David Cameron when he was PM said it was ridiculous that Scots are denied a half-time pint. Even the Liverpool fans, who caused the Heysel disaster, have long been allowed to do it. I don't want to get into a political discussion but there is a prejudice against football fans in Holyrood and it really p*sses me off.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

HK, punishing all Scottish rugby fans because a minority of p*ssed up fans embarrassed the nation and their sport by attacking a rival coach has an ounce of logic to it.

Telling e.g. Arbroath fans they can't be trusted with a half-time pint because football fans are inherently violent or because of an incident 40 years ago is insulting and absurd.

I agree.

This is typical of the Scottish Government where “one size fits all” and everyone is treated the same because of drunken Old Firm fans running amok at the Scottish Cup Final almost 40 years.

Adblock Detected