Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Pre-Match: St Johnstone (Home, 10th March 2018)

Looks like after all the  speculation about the snow putting this game off, this game might go ahead after all, now that the rain has washed most of it away. We should be fine and I don't think there will be a problem with any flooding as we have pretty decent drainage and the guys always do a fantastic job with the pitch anyway.

We will be without Kamara and McGowan for this game. Kamara has picked up enough  yellows and McGowan red card against Motherwell means he will be sidelined for this game.

So far this season, we have come out on top against our newest Derby (i know I know) team this season, our first win against them was at home where we came away with the three points in a dramatic 3-2 win, two goals from AJ and a spot kick from the penalty king Moussa saw off two goals from St Johnstone's Craig.

The Dark Blues had a late Christmas present at McDiarmid Park on the 30th of December. This time it was ex Sainties Haber who got in on the goals along side AJ in a game which ended 2-0.

A Win on Saturday will go a long way in helping us avoid the drop considering that we face Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts before the break. With only 4 points between Dundee and second bottom Partick Thistle, it could be a squeaky bum time come to the break.

I think we can safely say that top six will not be for us again this season.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Could O'Dea play along side one of Spence, Curran or O'Hara as holding midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 formation? He has lost a lot of pace this season but his experience might be better used in midfield where pace isn't as important. Not sure but it's a massive game this weekend, win and the pressure eases in the tough games before the split. Lose, then we have to take points from some of the top 5/6 clubs. Reasonably confident of 3 points on Saturday.

Have saints any players missing for it?

7 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Could O'Dea play along side one of Spence, Curran or O'Hara as holding midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 formation? He has lost a lot of pace this season but his experience might be better used in midfield where pace isn't as important. Not sure but it's a massive game this weekend, win and the pressure eases in the tough games before the split. Lose, then we have to take points from some of the top 5/6 clubs. Reasonably confident of 3 points on Saturday.

Have saints any players missing for it?

Funny, I've got the fear that after the last showing he'd rather push Caulker further forward, could still go his preferred (at the moment) 3 at the back with O'Dea, Meekings and Waddell. 

No point predicting but I'd prefer to go a flat four at the back starting with Caulker and Meekings in the centre, play it as safe as we can but I fear we'll get the 3 CB's with the only width in the team being from the wingbacks.

7 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Funny, I've got the fear that after the last showing he'd rather push Caulker further forward, could still go his preferred (at the moment) 3 at the back with O'Dea, Meekings and Waddell. 

No point predicting but I'd prefer to go a flat four at the back starting with Caulker and Meekings in the centre, play it as safe as we can but I fear we'll get the 3 CB's with the only width in the team being from the wingbacks.

With Kamara and Mcgowan suspended, McCann will change shape and go 4-3-3 with Moussa AJ and Murray up top. We will get murdered in the wide areas and get beat.

If he plays 4-5-1 we win

51 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

With Kamara and Mcgowan suspended, McCann will change shape and go 4-3-3 with Moussa AJ and Murray up top. We will get murdered in the wide areas and get beat.

If he plays 4-5-1 we win

I wish McGowan got a red for something worthwhile instead of spitting the dummy because fans gave him a bit stick. I like him but he's let the team down yet again. If that had been O'Dea he'd have been slaughtered on here.

43 minutes ago, Bobby123 said:

Be brave and play Lambert-McGowan missing gives him an opportunity.

He can at least pass the ball forward unlike McGowan.

We might end up doing just that although it might be a big ask for the lad. I would reckon Kamara and McGowan between them must account for a great % of our total touches of the ball in a game, so without both of them I just don't see how our passing game from the back is going to work effectively. If McGowan isn't playing who the hell is Kerr going to give the ball to at throw ins? I can see us being a lot more direct in this game.

6 minutes ago, Attilio said:

We might end up doing just that although it might be a big ask for the lad. I would reckon Kamara and McGowan between them must account for a great % of our total touches of the ball in a game, so without both of them I just don't see how our passing game from the back is going to work effectively. If McGowan isn't playing who the hell is Kerr going to give the ball to at throw ins? I can see us being a lot more direct in this game.

I hope you're right, I've not seen anything in our previous games to suggest we will though. :(

Adblock Detected