The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Campbell's Ghost

Dfcss Meeting On Sat - Q And A With The Bod

Rate this topic

That may make it more attractive to members to attend? I think I must have missed that before. We ask for fan engagement and now we have an opp to ask questions.

Hope more people go. I would like to hear what goes on as I am working on Sat.

Edited by Billy Campbell's Ghost

Is that happening billy?  A step in the right direction if so . Is islay providing protection for mr nelms?;)

2 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

It does say the board...hope its not the DFCSS board?..

You may be right. It would be an amazing change for the better if it was DFC Board. Important for DFCSS to clarify as soon as possible.

7 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

It does say the board...hope its not the DFCSS board?..

From reading this, they refer to 'the board' a few times. Feels like the DFCSS board to me. Relations between the BoD and DFCSS are not that strong, so I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if this was happening. Also, I think Islay would have mentioned it while trying to drum up interest.

http://www.dee4life.com/news/163/2018-agm-reminder.html

5 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

If its DFCSS board then they may have over egged it...

Or been misinterpreted. :lol2:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DarkBlueBob said:

It's the DFCSS board

Doh! Knew it was too god to be true. The6 should have said “ DFCSS Board” not just board. Now I am bored.

• Funny 1

Got any good questions BGC? Give some advance notice and you might get better thought out answers. We are supposed to all be trying to help our club so some sensible points might be very helpful.

11 minutes ago, BCram said:

Got any good questions BGC? Give some advance notice and you might get better thought out answers. We are supposed to all be trying to help our club so some sensible points might be very helpful.

Not for DFCSS but plenty for the club board. 

Little chance of the Club BoD walking across to the Social Club within a couple of hours of kickoff, I'm afraid. :) 

However, it does present a topic to put to the DFCSS Board, regarding 'pressure' on the Club Board to hold a Q&A again. When there are no Club AGMs for shareholders to ask questions of the Directors, it seems appropriate for the largest shareholder outside the DFC Boardroom to take the lead in requesting that the Club honours what Bob Brannan (I'm sure it was he) promised, as an alternative to the Club AGM.

If the Club Board would like us to help find 1,000 additional ST/regular home fans, engaging with us once a year might be a good way to begin?

Holding a Q&A doesn't obligate the DFC Board to answer every/any question in full detail, I think we all know some info will be considered confidential.

• Like 1

I'm not too bothered about it not being the DFC Board. I just logged on and got very excited...then deflated....

I misread the topic title and thought it was a Q&A with Bod...the character from the 1970s 

• Funny 2

30 minutes ago, EastLothianBlue said:

I'm not too bothered about it not being the DFC Board. I just logged on and got very excited...then deflated....

I misread the topic title and thought it was a Q&A with Bod...the character from the 1970s 

And Farmer Barleymow will be in the away end on Saturday! 

farmer.jpg

• Funny 2

3 minutes ago, barkblue said:

And Farmer Bareymow will be in the away end on Saturday! 

farmer.jpg

IMG_6735.JPG

• Funny 2

18 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Little chance of the Club BoD walking across to the Social Club within a couple of hours of kickoff, I'm afraid. :) 

However, it does present a topic to put to the DFCSS Board, regarding 'pressure' on the Club Board to hold a Q&A again. When there are no Club AGMs for shareholders to ask questions of the Directors, it seems appropriate for the largest shareholder outside the DFC Boardroom to take the lead in requesting that the Club honours what Bob Brannan (I'm sure it was he) promised, as an alternative to the Club AGM.

If the Club Board would like us to help find 1,000 additional ST/regular home fans, engaging with us once a year might be a good way to begin?

Holding a Q&A doesn't obligate the DFC Board to answer every/any question in full detail, I think we all know some info will be considered confidential.

Think the way our club has published their accounts in full is quite a good way for them to inform shareholders. They are the people who they are legally bound to inform.

It's a very good suggestion to give DFCSS some questions that they might reasonably ask because they are the largest, by far, minority shareholder and they are entitled to appoint a director to the board of DFC. There isn't a member on the board because the previous incumbent resigned, so it might be worthwhile trying to get that link back.

23 minutes ago, EastLothianBlue said:

IMG_6735.JPG

That's the best news I've had all day!

21 hours ago, BCram said:

Think the way our club has published their accounts in full is quite a good way for them to inform shareholders. They are the people who they are legally bound to inform.

It's a very good suggestion to give DFCSS some questions that they might reasonably ask because they are the largest, by far, minority shareholder and they are entitled to appoint a director to the board of DFC. There isn't a member on the board because the previous incumbent resigned, so it might be worthwhile trying to get that link back.

Although I'm not a shareholder of DFC (& not for want of trying, ten years ago), I'd suggest the disregard that the Club Board has for its minor shareholders is a situation that needs to be addressed. 

They have published 'abbreviated accounts' for several years (not just FPS ownership), so it's impossible to see the detailed P&L, to see what we're actually spending on & receiving income from....and shareholders have no opportunity to question this. I'm not alone in thinking that, when the AGM was initially dropped, and replaced with an annual Q&A, the Board of the time realised by having this 'open door', they got a far more aggressive questioning than they anticipated.

The Club board has asked 'us' to help bring another 1,000 fans back to Dens. I'd suggest they'd have a better chance of this if they start to 'engage' with the shareholders, and the rest of the fans. Restoring the shareholders' AGM would be a good place to start.

• Like 4

On 08/03/2018 at 20:41, DarkBlueKnight said:

Is that happening billy?  A step in the right direction if so . Is islay providing protection for mr nelms?;)

It has nothing to do with Mr Nelms.

It is a Q and A with the DFCSS board of directors

22 hours ago, BCram said:

Hi BCram,

Bob Hynd who is a Director of DFCSS is also listed as a director of Dundee Football Club Limited on the Companies House website.

12 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi BCram,

Bob Hynd who is a Director of DFCSS is also listed as a director of Dundee Football Club Limited on the Companies House website.

Yeah but by lunchtime today he will have resigned from the DFCSS board and there will be no fans representation on the club board. How did we get to this point of no fan representation just seven years from coming out of Administration. 

I'd also wager 'architect Bob' will remain on the club board despite no longer being a DFCSS rep. He's resigned from DFCSS board and not DFC board. 

I suspect he'll stay on as an independent in the same way Steve Martin resigned from being the Dark Blues Business Trust representative (with his piece of paper in Peter Marr's pocket) but remained on DFC board and the DBBT never got to replace Martin and have a rep

7 minutes ago, Ando's Chicken Kiev said:

Yeah but by lunchtime today he will have resigned from the DFCSS board and there will be no fans representation on the club board. How did we get to this point of no fan representation just seven years from coming out of Administration. 

The FPS board has deliberately driven fan representation out.

They made promises when they asked the fans to vote for their buy out; they have not kept those promises. Not saying it's necessarily a bad thing but I do feel the fan representation should be maintained if for no other reason than oversight.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ando's Chicken Kiev said:

Has Bob Hynd let DFCSS down here? 

Where are you seeing / hearing that he's resigned from the DFCSS board? Remember that a number of DFCSS directors have to resign every year and stand for re-election, is that maybe what you've heard?