The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Campbell's Ghost

Dfcss Meeting On Sat - Q And A With The Bod

Rate this topic

Bob stood down and was voted back on. Nothing to see here, move along etc.

As PB said, it was a regular thing, they have to stand down every 2 or 3 years.

2 hours ago, Ando's Chicken Kiev said:

It says it on the DFCSS AGM notice on their website 

Hi Ando,

I suggest that you carefully check your facts before posting on this topic. As Chomp says under the rules of the society Bob Hynd had to stand down and offer himself for re-election as a director of DFCSS which he duly did and was re-elected as  a director of DFCSS.

I was also present at the AGM today. 

It said one place created by retiring director Bob Hynd. If it had been written clearly with proper punctuation it might have been clear he was standing fur removed election. 

Bob has a massive responsibility as the sole fans rep and I'm glad he's staying on

It says it on the DFCSS AGM notice on their website 

Hi Ando,

I suggest that you carefully check your facts before posting on this topic. As Chomp says under the rules of the society Bob Hynd had to stand down and offer himself for re-election as a director of DFCSS which he duly did and was re-elected as  a director of DFCSS.

I was also present at the AGM today. 

I look forward to you posting your apology on this topic.

• Funny 1

It said one place created by retiring director Bob Hynd. If it had been written clearly with proper punctuation it might have been clear he was standing fur removed election. 

Bob has a massive responsibility as the sole fans rep and I'm glad he's staying on

Hi Ando.

It was stated at the AGM that if DFCSS they could encourage more members to stand for election to the DFCSS board of directors they might be able to fill the second director seat on the DFC BoD which the society are entitled to.

If i lived in Dundee I would fancy that role with hospitality before and after the game in the board room, sandwiches and tea or coffee at halftime in a nice warm boardroom and nice comfy padded seats in the directors box throughout the game.

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Ando.

It was stated at the AGM that if DFCSS they could encourage more members to stand for election to the DFCSS board of directors they might be able to fill the second director seat on the DFC BoD which the society are entitled to.

If i lived in Dundee I would fancy that role with hospitality before and after the game in the board room, sandwiches and tea or coffee at halftime in a nice warm boardroom and nice comfy padded seats in the directors box throughout the game.

Assuming that is an attempt at humour there is nothing stopping you doing it being out of town. Last three Fan reps were out of town

5 minutes ago, SailorHunter said:

Assuming that is an attempt at humour there is nothing stopping you doing it being out of town. Last three Fan reps were out of town

Were they? Can you expand on that?

Brian Lawrence lived in Aberdeen 

Colin Reid lived in Fife, then Essex 

Fraser McDonald lived in Edinburgh 

Think they were last three 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, SailorHunter said:

Brian Lawrence lived in Aberdeen 

Colin Reid lived in Fife, then Essex 

Fraser McDonald lived in Edinburgh 

Think they were last three 

Well the first one isn't true because I know for a fact he lives in Downfield which is, as far as I know, in Dundee.

Lived and worked in Aberdeen Monday to Friday and therefore out of town when board meetings would mostly be on 

30 minutes ago, SailorHunter said:

Lived and worked in Aberdeen Monday to Friday and therefore out of town when board meetings would mostly be on 

More misinformation. If you don't know something for certain don't say it.

Once again the DSA trying to stir up sh*t for DFCSS with misinformation and half truths. I should hit the complain button like you do.

Is it not true that Brian worked in Aberdeen during the week? and went to  Aberdeen Dark Blues meeting? I'm sure it was 

not sure what the DSA has to do with it or stirring sh*t? I suggested Islay living out of town should not preclude him if he wanted to do it. 

I have never hit report so again not sure what you're talking about. Admin can confirm this. 

Am I going to have another popcorn gif hoovered up over another spat ? I'm sure this stuff can be carried out over PM guys.

3 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Am I going to have another popcorn gif hoovered up over another spat ? I'm sure this stuff can be carried out over PM guys.

No don't bother, I can't be doing with it - off to Glenshee tomorrow so need my bed.

2 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

No don't bother, I can't be doing with it - off to Glenshee tomorrow so need my bed.

Enjoy mate, I'm away in 2 weeks but will see if I can get away next weekend, even for an overnighter.

1 hour ago, SailorHunter said:

If you read my posts on this forum you will have realised that I do not do humour.

One of my friends won Boardroom Hospitality when he had a gold membership with DFCSS so I know all the perks involved with Boardroom Hospitality at Dens Park.

I have stated on several occasions that I do not think that it is a good idea having people who are permanently resident a long distance away from Dundee being on the board of DFCSS.

At a push a person living in Edinburgh could drive to Dundee in just over an hour for an emergency board meeting but living on Islay it would take me about eight hours and that is assuming that the ferry had space on the car deck or the sailing had not been cancelled because of the strength of the wind or the swell.

On 10/03/2018 at 11:20, KennyRoss said:

Has Bob Hynd let DFCSS down here? 

Hi Kenny,

its now been a year since this topic. I wondered if you - in your position at the DSA - feel the Bob is adequately representing the DFCSS/fans interests here? Why does the DSA not have a place on the BoD given their large numbers and influence? After the announcement today re pricing without knowing what League we’re playing in and the crazy £30 ticket, no AGM or BoD Q&A I’ve started to feel Nelms & Co are as far away from the average punter than they’ve ever been, and with very little effort to build the bridge.

• Like 2

To reply to Kenny's post of a year ago, my answer would be an emphatic No. To respond to Deetection's post about Nelms and Co being out of touch, I am coming to the same view. As a small shareholder I think the Board are keeping us informed by publishing on the web their full accounts. They are not hiding the truth of the way the finances are going but I think they are missing out on a great opportunity to put across their side of things and it could help them greatly if they would hold a Q&A.

6 minutes ago, BCram said:

To reply to Kenny's post of a year ago, my answer would be an emphatic No. To respond to Deetection's post about Nelms and Co being out of touch, I am coming to the same view. As a small shareholder I think the Board are keeping us informed by publishing on the web their full accounts. They are not hiding the truth of the way the finances are going but I think they are missing out on a great opportunity to put across their side of things and it could help them greatly if they would hold a Q&A.

Hi BCram,

I have discovered some information that yourself and other small shareholders might find interesting. Earlier this week I had a look at the Arab Trust website to see if they publish minutes of their board of directors meetings on their website which unlike DFCSS they do not.

However I discovered that the details of the Dundee United Football Company Limited AGM Shareholders meeting held on 1st March 2019 which was published on their website. https://www.arabtrust.co.uk/news/dufc-agm-1-march-2019

If the directors of the Dundee United Football Company Limited can hold a Shareholders AGM why can the directors of Dundee Football Club Limited also not hold a Shareholders AGM.

I have never held shares in Dundee Football Club Limited and I would never purchase any shares in the future because I would just be throwing my money away. I am a member of the Dee Promotions lottery and in November 2017 my wife also joined the Dee Promotions lottery. She would have joined sooner but she wrongly assumed that you had to be a Dundee supporter to be a member of the Dee Promotions lottery. My wife has no interest in Football. 

27 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi BCram,

I have discovered some information that yourself and other small shareholders might find interesting. Earlier this week I had a look at the Arab Trust website to see if they publish minutes of their board of directors meetings on their website which unlike DFCSS they do not.

However I discovered that the details of the Dundee United Football Company Limited AGM Shareholders meeting held on 1st March 2019 which was published on their website. https://www.arabtrust.co.uk/news/dufc-agm-1-march-2019

If the directors of the Dundee United Football Company Limited can hold a Shareholders AGM why can the directors of Dundee Football Club Limited also not hold a Shareholders AGM.

I have never held shares in Dundee Football Club Limited and I would never purchase any shares in the future because I would just be throwing my money away. I am a member of the Dee Promotions lottery and in November 2017 my wife also joined the Dee Promotions lottery. She would have joined sooner but she wrongly assumed that you had to be a Dundee supporter to be a member of the Dee Promotions lottery. My wife has no interest in Football. 

Being a Dundee supporter is not an official position. Anyone can join any lottery in my experience. i could join the Arab one....but winnae!

6 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Being a Dundee supporter is not an official position. Anyone can join any lottery in my experience. i could join the Arab one....but winnae!

Hi BCG,

I  know that anyone can join the Dee Promotions lottery but it was my wife who wrongly assumed that you had to be a Dundee supporter to join it. We happened to be speaking about it and as a result of our conversation she joined up. 

Here was me thinking that we were all Dundee FC supporters wanting the best for the club?

• Star Post 2

On 10/03/2018 at 22:38, islaydarkblue said:

have stated on several occasions that I do not think that it is a good idea having people who are permanently resident a long distance away from Dundee being on the board of DFCSS.

Can I ask why you think that Islay? 

IMO anyone living anywhere in the world could be a board member. It’s 2019 and we live in a world where there are many means of communication (just look how we are communicating here) 

Gone are the days of the requirement for face to face meetings. I work in an industry where daily there are video conference calls, meetings and seminars with various individuals and organisations in different countries let alone different towns! A DFCSS board  member for me could be in that sense located anywhere as long as they have the tools and basic communication skill set to assist. 

How do you think Tim Keyes stays in touch/attends meetings whilst living in the US?

On 10/03/2018 at 22:38, islaydarkblue said:

At a push a person living in Edinburgh could drive to Dundee in just over an hour for an emergency board meeting

I’m really not sure why there would be a need for an emergency board meeting, but my points above would cover this adequately in such a senario. 

24 minutes ago, dblair said:

Can I ask why you think that Islay? 

IMO anyone living anywhere in the world could be a board member. It’s 2019 and we live in a world where there are many means of communication (just look how we are communicating here) 

Gone are the days of the requirement for face to face meetings. I work in an industry where daily there are video conference calls, meetings and seminars with various individuals and organisations in different countries let alone different towns! A DFCSS board  member for me could be in that sense located anywhere as long as they have the tools and basic communication skill set to assist. 

How do you think Tim Keyes stays in touch/attends meetings whilst living in the US?

I’m really not sure why there would be a need for an emergency board meeting, but my points above would cover this adequately in such a senario. 

I think that perhaps actually going to the games, interacting with the employees and just being around the club might really be what's needed just now. You are correct that distance need not be an obstacle but perhaps a foot soldier is needed rather than someone who has an overview.

2 minutes ago, BCram said:

I think that perhaps actually going to the games, interacting with the employees and just being around the club might really be what's needed just now. You are correct that distance need not be an obstacle but perhaps a foot soldier is needed rather than someone who has an overview.

Agree with that completely mate, a “foot soldier” as you call it is what we need in the fans rep position. I was simply referring to someone taking up a position on the dfcss board in general. 

• Like 1