Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Looking Forward

Any sensibly run business should be looking ahead to the next 6-12 months but as a struggling Premiership club everything is kind of on-hold at this time of year. We could potentially be about to spend the next five years in the Championship so offering deals is not really an option unless a player is happy to be at Dens regardless of what league we're in and we can afford to pay them as a second tier outfit.

We should be tying down our talented youngsters though. It's great that once again Dundee is a club that produces quality at that level and we need to make sure the club reaps the rewards (on and off the park).

As an aside, while relegation is a horrible prospect it's probably not the worst outcome for those young lads as it opens the door to first-team football. I always think promotion was a bit of a setback for CW as he might have seen progressed more quickly as a regular for us in the Championship (not that he's had a disappointing career so far for a guy of 20).

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
6 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Got to say I’m looking forward to us hopefully ditching a bunch of the substandard players we have  in our squad come May and seeing the young guys taking their places. 

Could gourlay or ferrie take the subbie keeper role? 

Piggott curran Moore lambert henvey scott have all got talent and obviously wighton.

Motherwell hearts Hibs Aberdeen accies Saints have all brought through youngsters to great effect recently. 

One big plus is they don’t command the same wages as more experienced players and also have a freshness about their play.

Id much rather watch lambert or scott than some 3rd rate foreigner like wolters or moussa and they’d doubtless do a better job.

Any news on Henvey? Is he back from injury yet?

7 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I’m not sure mate. Hopefully not too far away 

Shame this happened when it did, I could have seen him break though into the first team. He is a natural poaching goal scorer who in my opinion could go on to have a good future and knock in a few goals in the process.

10 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Got to say I’m looking forward to us hopefully ditching a bunch of the substandard players we have  in our squad come May and seeing the young guys taking their places. 

Could gourlay or ferrie take the subbie keeper role? 

Piggott curran Moore lambert henvey scott have all got talent and obviously wighton.

Motherwell hearts Hibs Aberdeen accies Saints have all brought through youngsters to great effect recently. 

One big plus is they don’t command the same wages as more experienced players and also have a freshness about their play.

Id much rather watch lambert or scott than some 3rd rate foreigner like wolters or moussa and they’d doubtless do a better job.

Thanks Wattie. You've managed to make me feel like I have some genuine optimism about our team going forward with this post. You've made my day!

8 hours ago, Blue4evr said:

Henvey has missed 6 weeks since thug McKinnon took him out. These are the issues NM should be making noises about instead of just saying refs are against us. Nothing surer the fermers will be at it again tomorrow. 

I think I read this week that McKinnon, who was said to have injured himself more than he did Henvey with that 'tackle', is fully fit & back in their squad. A bit ironic, really....Henvey gets his first goal & is immediately put out of the game at Hamilton.

At the time, it was reported that NM went across to shake McKinnon's hand as he was stretchered off from behind the goal, which I thought must surely be a mistake? The Dundee fans were behind that goal. 

Adblock Detected