The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 0 - 4 St Johnstone

Rate this topic

Dundee dropped to a new low today with a 4 - 0 thrashing from St Johnstone.

A own goal from Piggott (24' minutes og), Kane (37' minutes, 66' minutes),  Alston (64' minutes).

This was one of the worst games I have ever watched as a Dee.

• Like 3

What can you say after that shambles ?

So gutless, toothless up top and all over the place in defence. No dig, no drive, nothing. Saints were the lowest scorers in the league before today but we made them look threatening every time they went forward. 

Parish 5

kerr 4

jon 4

caulker 5

meekings 0

deacon 5

ohara 2

piggott 3

curran 5

murray 5

ajay 3

Young lad was home for 430 1st time he's ever left early ...that's how bad that was.

Another matchday, another pointless, costly experiment with the line up, (not the enforced ones).

Playing against a physical defence, this is the game chosen to drop the only forward who can cause centre halfs problems with presence, link play and hold the ball up.

Chasing the game by the time he came on 2nd half.

Meekings (?) error at 2nd goal killed us, but still the decision for no penalty at 0-2 atrocious from where I was sitting.

Not the only reason we lost obviously, but annoys me that we have not yet worked out the benefits of a settled side and formation.

Pass marks for Jon only; he must wonder what the f**k he's got himself into here.

2 minutes ago, The Foosty Badger said:

Pass marks for Jon only; he must wonder what the f**k he's got himself into here.

I would have given pass marks to Kerr before he was taken off. About the only player who showed spirit and a wanting to win.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Foosty Badger said:

Another matchday, another pointless, costly experiment with the line up, (not the enforced ones).

Playing against a physical defence, this is the game chosen to drop the only forward who can cause centre halfs problems with presence, link play and hold the ball up.

Chasing the game by the time he came on 2nd half.

Meekings (?) error at 2nd goal killed us, but still the decision for no penalty at 0-2 atrocious from where I was sitting.

Not the only reason we lost obviously, but annoys me that we have not yet worked out the benefits of a settled side and formation.

Didn't think it was close to a penalty tbh. Murray didn't have control of the ball with the wet surface holding it up and the guy played that ball with Murray making the most of it.

They were a shambles but especially brutal was meekings. Directly responsible for 2 goals

• Like 3

I'm numb, not angry but resigned to what's coming.

We're looking like finishing 11th at best and bottom a real possibility - if anyone wants to round on me the way some did the last time I posted that then feel free however as I say often - I'm rarely wrong.

Manager, coach and players are a disgrace.

We may make the playoffs, I doubt if we would survive them.

Left at 70 minutes. Shocking performance all round with pass marks for nobody.  Bossed again. Just how important Kamara and McGowan are to this team was patently obvious today.  Some folk got their wish with the strike force of Murray and AJ and it was a complete non starter without GK/PM.  Appalling defending and O'Hara??  Words fail me.  Mannus will not have an easier 90 minutes all season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spiritof62 said:

Manager, coach and players are a disgrace.

We may make the playoffs, I doubt if we would survive them.

Agreed, if it's us against United in the play offs we can forget it; in fact any side in that division would beat us as things are right now.

4 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Agreed, if it's us against United in the play offs we can forget it; in fact any side in that division would beat us as things are right now.

Brechin would beat us with the way we played today. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, GregTeamDee said:

Brechin would beat us with the way we played today. 

We'd struggle against most junior sides playing like that.

OK that's probably a bit much but it does seem that bad right now.