Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 0 - 4 St Johnstone

TheDarkBlues

Today was shambles yet again at dens.

Teams love coming to our place because are so weak and toothless, we just roll over. Nothing in midfield without Kamara and McGowan, even with them we have zero creativity to provide service for our strikers, must be bloody woeful playing up front for us right now, knowing theirs sweet f**k all chance that any of our ‘midfielders’ are gonna find them.

I really don’t get what the plan was today from NM AJ and Murray isolated basically with long diagonals from Kerr the only thing they had to sniff at.. really? Both small in stature what the hell were they meant to do with those.. why do we never attempt to get to the byline to cut it back for one of the front two, moussa not being on gave us no presence (he’s p**h but at least he worries defenders a bit with his stature) 

Meekings must have been on the lash last night.. only thing I can think of to explain how poor he was.. yards and miles off the pace.

Thats 3-1, 3-1, 4-1, 4-0 Hamilton, county, and now fermers respectively.. at home that’s atrocious tbh canna defend it I’m afraid. 

We’re very lucky county are maybe more  hapless than us.. but no by much eh tell ya. Playoffs are looking very likely right now with our upcoming fixtures.. another big decision from our BOD coming up maybe..

bring them on ??

DDYB ?

Edited by Derrygunner
  • Like 2

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

We are a total shambles, obviously there is no decent coaching taking place.

Meekings has a decent partner alongside him and yet he was totally out of his depth.

Saints teamwork was miles ahead of ours.

We look like a team that's going to be relegated, we are currently playing worse than every other team in the bottom 4.

We looked totally devoid of ideas today. Couldn't control the simplest of balls, couldn't pass forward to our own players, couldn't beat a player, couldn't win tackles.....and couldn't even get close enough to foul them 'properly' when we tried.

I felt sorry for Piggott, a good player for the Dev side, to make his debut in a game like that, absolutely nothing he could do about the deflection.

I forget the last time I saw an entire team have their 'worst off-day' in the same game, but we certainly achieved that today. We made a poor team look good, and have given them hope of avoiding the relegation fight.....we, on the other hand, are nosediving right into it!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

No, we're not. Today was bad, not that bad that you have to go making things up though.

People on here and other threads saying that this is up with the worst DFC teams ever.......what's wrong with people's memories??!!

We're all upset about today; let's not go embarrasingly overboard.

This team is a million miles away from the sides that couldn't get out of the championship for years.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

First game this season that I've been able to get to..before now I've watched highlights and the live games on the telly. Where do you start to describe today's horror show? I've nothing against tippy happy and playing it out of the back. But only if the conditions are right and you have the personnel who can handle it... St Johnstone had its used and pressed high.. quickly turning the short ball out for Parish to panic stations and defending worthy of the Keystone Cops.. (younger viewers can google Keystone Cops) but what was the other option? hoof it forward? when did, it didn't stick and St Johnstone just hoovered it up... I can only judge on today's evidence and I'm not gonna be a ll doom and gloom..as hard as it is not to be.. but, here's my opinion.. leaky defence, powder puff midfield and non-existent forward line..

Parish.. doesn't fill me with confidence.. it may have been the slippy conditions but he seemed reluctant to come for the ball.. and punching rather than catching always worries me..

Kerr.. must have had banana skins on the bottom of his boots.. always on his backside.. muscled off the ball too easy.. seems to be lacking in confidence..

Caulker.. didn't do a lot wrong.. but, didn't do a lot great

Meetings.. WTF! sold the second goal. Had a few decent tackles mixed in with a bomb scare performance..

Jon... not his best game.. indecisive ...let his opponent win the battles..

Spence.. why did the defence keep playing out that short ball to him when he was being closed down and had no options?.. it was behind the sofa viewing.. can' be too harsh on him as he went off early..

O'Hara.. god loves a trying.. and god was he trying.. perhaps out of position.. but very poor...

Curran.. had a few decent runs but also fell into the lightweight and easily brushed off the ball category..

Deacon.. a few decent crosses but failed to beat his man on too many occasions..

AJ... until his weak header in the second half, I'd forgotten he was on the pitch... 

Murray.. didn't hide, ran and ran to avail.. to be fair to him and AJ no proper service or quality ball to them ..

Piggot.. got to feel sorry for the lad .. very unfortunate with the O.G. unsurprisingly looked nervous after that..

Moussa... To give him his due when he came on the ball stuck slightly more with our strikers.. he is a handful for defences but no final ball or goals..

El Bak...I can't say what I thought of him... Today was the earliest I've ever left a game at Dens.. a mixture of hypothermia and the 4th goal going in was the last straw for me..

Over-all.. DFC made a shyte St Johnstone look very good.. every man in dark blue's first touch quite often was their last.. For a must win, six pointer,  game it was spineless..lacking in guile or craft.. 

I hope it comes good for McCann but unfortunately, so far, he talks a better game than his teams can play them.. He said they'd had plenty time to train and prepare for this game.. if that performance is after being well prepared we are well and truly screwed..at the transfer window he added more centre backs but didn't address the issue of a midfield devoid of creativity and dig..

We are in a relegation battle and we will just have to hope Thistle and Ross County are just that little bit worse than us... 

• Like 1

Where to start with that?  Ok, firstly, you've got to feel really sorry for the 19-year old centre back who was hung out to dry by McCann today, I hope he gets another chance in future and the boss' brain fart hasn't killed his confidence too much.  Secondly, we knew that we'd struggle in the middle of the park without Gowser and GK and the pitch was very sticky so why persist with the silly short square passes across the back?  Our tactics invited trouble and we never changed to a more direct style.  That brings me onto point three - as a seven year old, you are taught NEVER EVER NEVER pass across your own six yard box yet we gift the Fermers the second goal.  I've been a fan of Basque Jon but he wasn't great today, although he didn't have many options for a pass when he did get his head up, which we does more than most.  On the other side I didn't think Kerr was as bad as he's been in other games this season, so I was surprised to see him go off and Curran drop to right back.  Talking of substitutions - WTF was the deal with taking off Simon Murray who was our best outfield player?  Perhaps the manager could do with an experienced assistant in his ear saying "hold on a minute boss, are you really sure?"  Finally, if we do go down then I will do a lot of finger pointing at O'Hara, who is the current day Pop Star Fotheringham.  Let's end on a positive; we're seven points ahead of County so might avoid finishing bottom of the league!         

1 hour ago, Notso said:

How Meekings plays every week ahead of Waddell is beyond me 

he has sold so many goals now 

plus big Kerr pops up with the occasional goal for right team 

I'm pretty sure he's our top scorer for minutes played, yet he can't get near the first team . Baffling.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Parish 5

kerr 4

jon 4

caulker 5

meekings 0

deacon 5

ohara 2

piggott 3

curran 5

murray 5

ajay 3

I think you're being mighty kind to Caulker there. Considering the level that boy has played at, he simply did not turn up. 

• Like 1

Adblock Detected