Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Overcoaching And Underperforming

Harold Finch

Sitting here with a beer, still p*ssed off with the result, trying to work out where our season has so nearly went wrong.

We have somehow managed to coach the confidence out of the team leading them to underperform

I don't believe Meekings would have made the mistakes he made today if he was playing for Inverness, he would have out the ball in Row Z and organised his defence

Caulker looks like he is wondering what the hell he is doing here, I was expecting him to be a real leader/organiser for us

El Bak was scoring for fun at a lower level with Dunfermline but he doesn't get into goalscoring positions with us because he has to play to a system

You could add most of the team to the list

If we want to build a team that plays a possession based game it needs to start at youth levels and continue through a player's development years, you can't try to introduce it into a team of journeymen footballers that spend the majority of the season near the bottom of the league

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
13 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

Sitting here with a beer, still p*ssed off with the result, trying to work out where our season has so nearly went wrong.

We have somehow managed to coach the confidence out of the team leading them to underperform

I don't believe Meekings would have made the mistakes he made today if he was playing for Inverness, he would have out the ball in Row Z and organised his defence

Caulker looks like he is wondering what the hell he is doing here, I was expecting him to be a real leader/organiser for us

El Bak was scoring for fun at a lower level with Dunfermline but he doesn't get into goalscoring positions with us because he has to play to a system

If we want to build a team that plays a possession based game it needs to start at youth levels and continue through a player's development years, you can't try to introduce it into a team of journeymen footballers that spend the majority of the season near the bottom of the league

Been saying this all season. As early as the League Cup group stages it was clear that this was what was going on.

Actually, it was as early as the last three games of last season.

Philosophy over ability. 

As well as winning points, a coach's job is to improve players. I can't think of one player who looks better or more confident than 8 months ago. Most, including Bain, Kerr, Meekings, O'Dea, Jon, Holt, O'Hara, Deacon, AJ are worse than they were at the start of the season. I'm sure they'll be delighted when he's gone.

Said on another thread we need a manager who is not going to complicate things and get us doing the basics right. 

This short passing games that often leads to us playing ourselves into trouble needs to go. Our players don’t have the ability for that. 

It was the same with Hartley. Over complicated shite and the players are bereft of confidence as a result 

Nobody will ever know what is going on behing the scenes. But there must be an all-round frustration at Dens at the minute.

Not just because we have lost the last 5 home games  (And coupled with generally, inept, bewildering, awful, performances)

There must also be a genuine frustration for Manager & Players. NM has probably plans & ideas, as a fotball analyst/pundit,

Which for that reason are not just "plucked oot his hat" So although not having the wealth of managerial experience of others,

they are soundly based. His frustration is "Why cannae his players see this" (all supposition & opinion) The players frustration

is more simple "What the hell is he talking aboot !!" (mair supposition & frustration)  Players just want to keep it simple & play.

The main onus is on the manager (imo) He should know what his own  players are capable of. Does NOT mean things can't

change, but he should & must know, it has to be a gradual process. NM is an intelligent man, he should be able (without any

real difficulty) be able to assess, each players individual strengths & weakenesses & plan a game with that in mind...K.I.S.S.

Fancier & more complex ideas , systems & tactics, can be put aside for the future. Meanwhile DFC players must give 100%.

On 11/03/2018 at 01:26, Harold Finch said:

Harold. 

I think Meekings problem was that last Saturday the pitch was very wet and he expected the ball run out for a goal kick but it held up in the wet surface. 

I said to my friend shorthly after the start of the second half that the club should have had the sprinklers on full blast at half time and the game might get abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch.

We need a hard driving midfielder to help Gowser and Kamara, O'Hara is hopeless, at this stage in the season it has to be somebody already at the club, until CW gets back in, its a major problem for McCann.

Center half needs sorted, considering we have too many it's crazy that we seem to have played the worst two on Saturday.

Imo Ghadz is as good as anybody in our squad but he been punted out on loan, I'd prefer him and Waddell together.

I hope that NM has somehow got the dressing room together, we need a massive effort from everybody just to survive.

2 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

We need a hard driving midfielder to help Gowser and Kamara, O'Hara is hopeless, at this stage in the season it has to be somebody already at the club, until CW gets back in, its a major problem for McCann.

Center half needs sorted, considering we have too many it's crazy that we seem to have played the worst two on Saturday.

Imo Ghadz is as good as anybody in our squad but he been punted out on loan, I'd prefer him and Waddell together.

I hope that NM has somehow got the dressing room together, we need a massive effort from everybody just to survive.

Bold- safer option .

As for Nm  getting the dressing room together-  he would do well to let the players voice their opinon  anonymously  and take heed of what they say . Just my thoughts .

Adblock Detected