The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Josh Meekings - Renews Contract

Rate this topic

Josh Meekings has officially signed a contract extension which will keep him at Dens until the summer of 2020.

meekssigned.jpg

He isn’t comfy playing out from the back like nm likes. Maybe better if he wasn’t asked to. 

He has decent pace but he needs to cut out the mistakes 

1 minute ago, Barrs said:

Not sure I’d have kept him, seems very sloppy at times. Needs to improve massively imo. 

He's made a lot of really big errors this season.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I'd have definitely ditched him but I maybe wouldn't have been in such a rush. If we can get back to a settled defence though and he can maybe show more of, what we've only seen in glimpses, his real potential - he can be a good long-term signing on paper.

Hasn't lived up to his previous reputation of being a good player.

I probably would have offered him a further 1 year deal only. Hopefully with a full pre season under his belt he can improve for next season.

Glad we've kept him for as much stability as possible's sake. A lot of mistakes but has been OK. Worth another year to see if he improves but wouldn't have given him two. Not someone who we will be able to sell on so really the club are carrying all the risk here if he has a bad season and we want to offload him next year.

Won't be surprised if we see a lot more of Waddell next year and less of Meekings.

Happy with this, he's made mistakes this season but he's shown he can potentially be a very good defender at this level. I don't think it's a coincidence that his best form came alongside Hendry in a settled defence after the last international break. Hopefully, we see more of a settled defence again and he can show more what he's capable of again. All this chopping and changing is doing nobody any favours. 

Surprised we are handing out a 2 year deal to a player who hasn't shown much of the player we thought we were signing with questions over his fitness. I wouldn't have been fussed if he moved on as he will be a high earner and think we can do better. I would have been a lot happier offering him a 1 year deal with the option of another year, same as gowser got. 

I think it's the right decision. He has had some nightmare games like Caley at home but he has proven to be a quality defender at ICT, he's not long recovered from injury and we have seen him play very well at times. He's a Premiership defender and I'm not sure you can say that about Julen and Gadz, who are surely on their way out.

• Like 3

Hasn't earned a new contract and shocked (don't know why im shocked anymore) that we`re handing out deals considering we don't know what league we are gonna be in next season.
Unless him and McGowan have a relegation release in contract.

He`s been a horror signing so far so cant believe NM offered him a new deal.

I don't get Edin Dee saying glad he`s signed as it gives us stability = there is no stability in keeping players who aren't good enough or like wattie says cant play in a style that the manager wants to play.

Very strange decision and timing.

McGowan made sense because he's in the running for most people's POTY (except CC's) and has delivered for us at this level for 4 seasons and counting.

Meekings? Been as bad as anyone in a defence that hasn't been good enough and has cost a number of goals.

Could be decent if we go down but hasn't looked good enough for us at this level and definitely not if we want to progress from two relegation battles. Also surely ends any debate that McCann will be away between now and the end of the season or even next season surely but we don't even know what league we'll be in and probably wont until the last day of the season at the earliest or the second leg off the play offs at the latest.

Strange one for me as I said.

happy he has signed. he has been out for a long time just came back from a bad injury get a full pre season done and think he will became an important defender next season.

6 minutes ago, dundeebaz said:

happy he has signed. he has been out for a long time just came back from a bad injury get a full pre season done and think he will became an important defender next season.

Agree - think we will see more from him and Cammy next season in the premiership 

Heard we triggered a clause in his original contract.

Probably the best CH we have had this season? Only seen Caulker play once and he flogged the goal near post against Motherwel.

2 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Terrific news.

What! based on his performances since joining Dundee , cos he`s been anything but good , beggers belief that post WW.

1 minute ago, CC33 said:

What! based on his performances since joining Dundee , cos he`s been anything but good , beggers belief that post WW.

He's hardly been as bad as is being made out. There's numerous players in worse form still getting a game regularly, he's proven at this level and has not long come back from a serious injury. I'd prefer it if we gave boys plenty of time to show what they can do, not cast them aside after something like ten games. 

Its the constant chopping and changing that's costing us, long term. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

He's hardly been as bad as is being made out. There's numerous players in worse form still getting a game regularly, he's proven at this level and has not long come back from a serious injury. I'd prefer it if we gave boys plenty of time to show what they can do, not cast them aside after something like ten games. 

Its the constant chopping and changing that's costing us, long term. 

All of this