Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Edin_Dee

McCann's Ban

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 match ban that he is apparently now appealing. What a needless distraction that is. Just accept the ban, move on and focus on us avoiding relegation. 

Read he asked his intial hearing at Hampden to be postoned until 2pm so he could be present at it after training. The biggest shock from that is that it means everyone at DFC must finish up before midday during the week. I know this is (unbelievably) the norm with Scottish footballers but surely if McCann is saying to the fans “we are a top six team” he would then make sure the players start acting like top 6 players. The top players in the world are in training 9/5 at least. Our players should be doing the same. Culture change required IMO otherwise we’ll never improve

 

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish it has been sine die...:P

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which players train 9/5, anywhere in the world? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Edin_Dee said:

2 match ban that he is apparently now appealing. What a needless distraction that is. Just accept the ban, move on and focus on us avoiding relegation. 

Read he asked his intial hearing at Hampden to be postoned until 2pm so he could be present at it after training. The biggest shock from that is that it means everyone at DFC must finish up before midday during the week. I know this is (unbelievably) the norm with Scottish footballers but surely if McCann is saying to the fans “we are a top six team” he would then make sure the players start acting like top 6 players. The top players in the world are in training 9/5 at least. Our players should be doing the same. Culture change required IMO otherwise we’ll never improve

 

If we made players train for a lot longer than other teams in Scotland that might put a lot off joining us, some already travel a fair distance to get here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Which players train 9/5, anywhere in the world? 

Nowhere I think WW but to earn their keep  I would have this squad training till 12 then cutting the grass with scissors in the afternoon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Wackyjim said:

Nowhere I think WW but to earn their keep  I would have this squad training till 12 then cutting the grass with scissors in the afternoon 

Having read one of Gedee's posts on our perfect pitch I guess they already do that! :D

  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think rest is just as important as training so pushing your body hard until 2 and then doing literally nothing for the rest of the day is probably quite sensible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do part time players manage to work full time in their day job, attend training sessions in the evening and play for their senior team at the weekend.

Alan Cousin who was a mainstay of the 1961-62 Championship winning team was a part time player as he was a full time student at St Andrews University.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:33, islaydarkblue said:

How do part time players manage to work full time in their day job, attend training sessions in the evening and play for their senior team at the weekend.

Alan Cousin who was a mainstay of the 1961-62 Championship winning team was a part time player as he was a full time student at St Andrews University.

Students sleep all day so I'd imagine Alan Cousin would have been well rested for his training sessions in the evenings.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/03/2018 at 04:14, WeighorstsWang said:

Which players train 9/5, anywhere in the world? 

Maybe no training but Sheena Easton and Dolly Parton both work 9-5 

ill get ma coat 

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Students sleep all day so I'd imagine Alan Cousin would have been well rested for his training sessions in the evenings.

Perhaps nowadays as there are numerous universities throughout Scotland including some that are in my opinion “jumped up” technical colleges.

In 1962 there were only four universities in Scotland. Aberdeen, St Andrews, Edinburgh and Glasgow and in the 1960’s it was a lot more difficult to gain entrance to study at one of these universities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/03/2018 at 09:22, Wackyjim said:

Nowhere I think WW but to earn their keep  I would have this squad training till 12 then cutting the grass with scissors in the afternoon 

Is Paul  McGowan allowed scissors?

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Perhaps nowadays as there are numerous universities throughout Scotland including some that are in my opinion “jumped up” technical colleges.

In 1962 there were only four universities in Scotland. Aberdeen, St Andrews, Edinburgh and Glasgow and in the 1960’s it was a lot more difficult to gain entrance to study at one of these universities. 

You really are a bit of a snob aren't you? These 'jumped up technical colleges' are providing education and useful higher qualifications to people that at one time would have been precluded entry to degree level institutions based on things like daddy not earning enough money, not having been fortunate enough to have attended the likes of Gordonstoun / Dundee High, mummy not being attractive enough to get a good job or being brought up on a council estate. I am deliberately not including the ridiculous levels of racism that was prevalent in these institutions back then in this discussion as that's another matter entirely.

To suggest students were more hard working back then just because there were fewer universities is simply laughable. I'm sure that back then, same as now, you had conscientious students as well as those that were less so. I reckon there might actually have been a higher percentage of less conscientious students in the old traditional universities due to the fact that to get into one you pretty much had to already be in a position where mummy and daddy were going to make sure you were alright by using their bridge club / wife swap club contacts to get you the job that set you on your way in your career and you didn't actually need the degree to get that job.

Please think who you might be offending before you post nonsense like this or at least stop emphasising your controversial opinions by placing them in inverted commas. I assume you went to a traditional university given he fact that your use of punctuation is so way off the mark and your references seem to stop at what you believe to be true without any further research being required?

  • Like 6
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Perhaps nowadays as there are numerous universities throughout Scotland including some that are in my opinion “jumped up” technical colleges.

In 1962 there were only four universities in Scotland. Aberdeen, St Andrews, Edinburgh and Glasgow and in the 1960’s it was a lot more difficult to gain entrance to study at one of these universities. 

Thankfully, since 1962 we have come a long way and now have further education for all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Attilio said:

Thankfully, since 1962 we have come a long way and now have further education for all.

I went to Uni from 75 to 79 and wish I had ignored my parents and got a trade.  Certainly in Edinburgh these are the people who have done very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know of folk who weren't good at school, never went to Uni and now have  a great life thanks to winning the Euro Millions.

  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Maybe no training but Sheena Easton and Dolly Parton both work 9-5 

JINGS DBK ...."Whit a way to make a living":chaplin:

  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Perhaps nowadays as there are numerous universities throughout Scotland including some that are in my opinion “jumped up” technical colleges.

Islay I think a little bit fore-thought maybe should have went into the wording of that comment ...

In my view it disnae pit you in good light at all.

How do you rate the manual/technical worker? Who in most cases, actually produces something tangible, As to the university "academics" whose intelligence & usefulness (in many cases) I would seriously question?

In my own longish career, I served a long apprenticeship in engineering. Worked a few years in a range of top hotels. Worked as a sales rep. Retrained in the meat trade by my brother (Master Butcher) & went on to self-employment in retail for a long period. Worked off-shore for a few years. Got a start as a carer/ support-worker, for young adolescents with severe special needs, physical, emotional, mental & learning disabilities (probably the the most full-filling job I ever had. Went to College & University in my 50's. And in retirement decided to try my hand at keeping/breeding rare poultry ....(This developed into another business ...selling hatching eggs, chicks, layers, chicken feed & equpment etc)  

Oh Aye, My Home Grown, Organic Tomatoes, are a joy to behold :excited: 

I credit my own breaks to, luck & hard work & opportunities But also,

My Lucky Long-Johns ... Offering me Warmth, Comfort, Security :wacko:

Eh can feel, a "stirring in my "Juicy Plums" jist thinking aboot this ;)

Dinnae judge a book by it's cover & Judge not lest you be judge:chaplin:

Or at least freend, dinnae be too quick to judge & over-generalise :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was listening to McCann pre match on the radio yesterday and he mentioned the Appeal, saying that it was the club that decided to appeal this due to things they weren't happy with re how the case was handled.

Edited by paulitto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulitto said:

Was listening to McCann pre match on the radio yesterday and he mentioned the Appeal, saying that it was the club that decided to appeal this due to things they weren't happy with re how the case was handled.

 I think it was more important for McCann to be on the touchline against Hearts, hopefully now he will withdraw his appeal and accept the two game ban. If the appeal is rejected he might get it increased to a ban of three games, and we need him to be on the touchline post split.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.