The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Harold Finch

Games Against Hearts

Rate this topic

The Albert Kidd game is always fondly remembered, even though we just missed out on Europe back when falf the league qualified (those were the days, but this is one of my favourite ever games at Dens

I love everything about it, a night game, old Dens with the mad dog track, great strip, some of our best players, we were so close to going bust but in the pre internet days we didn't really know a lot about it, big crowd, us as the underdogs, a classic game where we could have won or lost but held our nerves to win on penalties

I hope McCann has been showing this game to the players, if we play with even half of the spirit of that team we'll be ok tomorrow

The results couldn't have been better today, let's not f*ck it up tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Star Post 2

My very 1st game. Great memories of running on the pitch at the end and my dad chasing after me haha. If it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have supported this fantastic club

• Like 3

Had both my sons at that game in the old enclosure, first time all three of us were ever at a game together.

That Weighorst goal though. And these days half the tackles that were going in that night would be straight reds. Great game.

• Like 3