Sign in to follow this  
CW 90+3 02/05/16

Really Enjoyed That Today

Rate this topic

30 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Best performance of 2018 so far by a mile.

A great game to watch too.

Only complaints are we should have won comfortably and the moronic performance of the ref.

Our performance restores the pride for me.

DDYB ???

I said to a few boys before kick off that win, lose or draw, if I'd seen a hard working, committed performance, I would leave happy.

It was a good feeling to applaud the players off the park at full time. Unlucky not to win, but if we show that desire between now and the end of the season, then we'll be OK. Why we don't do that every week I've no idea. And judging by Gowser and McCann's comments on the radio, neither do they! 

• Like 2

Avoidable goal for the Jambos- apart from that we played our best since the Dabs  defeat - full marks to everyone except a ref. who was  worse than dreadful . Great to see Dundee fighting for the win- we won the second half and considering the results of yesterday we are a bit better off than this time last week . My Motm is Kamara with Gowser a close second .Very entertaining game  and great Dee support - well pleased .

This has the hallmarks of the nil nil versus Killie in November which was our turning point imo. It was a clean sheet and we went onto win a few. This result and most importantly performance gives the team and the supporters confidence. Massive difference from St Johnstone game. If we perform like that in the spilt we will be fine. 

2 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

This has the hallmarks of the nil nil versus Killie in November which was our turning point imo. It was a clean sheet and we went onto win a few. This result and most importantly performance gives the team and the supporters confidence. Massive difference from St Johnstone game. If we perform like that in the spilt we will be fine. 

It might be a brief respite, with Old Firm to play now. But encouraging. 

2 minutes ago, binhoker said:

Avoidable goal for the Jambos- apart from that we played our best since the Dabs  defeat - full marks to everyone except a ref. who was  worse than dreadful . Great to see Dundee fighting for the win- we won the second half and considering the results of yesterday we are a bit better off than this time last week . My Motm is Kamara with Gowser a close second .Very entertaining game  and great Dee support - well pleased .

Referee wasn't great but at least none of his strange decisions, which mostly seemed to go Hearts' way, cost us a goal.

Have to wonder how Gowser's and O'Hara's were bookings yet their number 66 seemed to be able to do worse all game until he ended up hurting himself. I thought Moussa dished out some treatment and was pretty leniently dealt with too for a change.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Referee wasn't great but at least none of his strange decisions, which mostly seemed to go Hearts' way, cost us a goal.

Have to wonder how Gowser's and O'Hara's were bookings yet their number 66 seemed to be able to do worse all game until he ended up hurting himself. I thought Moussa dished out some treatment and was pretty leniently dealt with too for a change.

Can understand Gowser's yellow, it was a late tackle but O'Hara's was 50/50 both guys swinging for the ball and catching each other, I'm not sure how he could figure out if anyone got a free kick never mind a yellow card. 

As others have said, great committed performance, no duffers in dark blue and lots of happy Dees leaving the ground despite it being a draw. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Can understand Gowser's yellow, it was a late tackle but O'Hara's was 50/50 both guys swinging for the ball and catching each other, I'm not sure how he could figure out if anyone got a free kick never mind a yellow card. 

As others have said, great committed performance, no duffers in dark blue and lots of happy Dees leaving the ground despite it being a draw. 

And the Naismith tackle on Gowser is apparently (by the book) a sending off.

No attempt to play the ball, dangerous and potentially goal scoring!!

No chance from Krusty the clown Clancy tho!

1 minute ago, Budgem said:

And the Naismith tackle on Gowser is apparently (by the book) a sending off.

No attempt to play the ball, dangerous and potentially goal scoring!!

No chance from Krusty the clown Clancy tho!

That was a bad one on Gowser, I'll need to watch it on TV but I thought there was a guy further up the park making it 'not the last man'. Happy to be proved wrong, I was busy getting all indignant at the time. :lol:

• Funny 2

6 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Watched Gowser's on TV there and you're right.

Ditched the tippy tappy p**h today and went with more width and more direct, players wanted to perform and gave a good account of themselves. As you say lots of happy Dees after the game but then that level of performance is all we've been asking for.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

That was a bad one on Gowser, I'll need to watch it on TV but I thought there was a guy further up the park making it 'not the last man'. Happy to be proved wrong, I was busy getting all indignant at the time. :lol:

Not last man but had roles been reversed and a Dundee player made the tackle on Naismith for example it would most likely have been one.

2 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Not last man but had roles been reversed and a Dundee player made the tackle on Naismith for example it would most likely have been one.

I'll watch the whole thing later through a bit of a haze, having a couple watching Chelsea v Spurs..... I may be some time. :D

1 hour ago, GregTeamDee said:

This has the hallmarks of the nil nil versus Killie in November which was our turning point imo. It was a clean sheet and we went onto win a few. 

Sincerely hope so.

Was it also a period of consistent team selection that followed?.

2 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Best performance of 2018 so far by a mile.

A great game to watch too.

Only complaints are we should have won comfortably and the moronic performance of the ref.

Our performance restores the pride for me.

DDYB ???

Was coming back up the road to post exactly the same thing, CW.

A wee bit more composure in the final third and that would've been a comfortable three points. Keep-this-up = staying-up. 

Kevin Clancy was a complete :censored:  :censored: who couldn't referee worth a :censored:.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

I think Clancy is usually our best ref but was poor today including not giving hearts a pen.

• Like 1

After we lost early goal, great reaction and team performance, if we can carry this focus/commitment to the run-in we'll be fine, chuffed for McGowan though, man of the match IMO.

Gowser was superb. With him and O'Dea we've got two leaders who won't let this team get relegated. It was those two who stepped up to the plate last season and they're clearly up for the challenge again.

4 hours ago, binhoker said:

Just to see a bit of effort, for a change was great, but they have to do that in ALL our remaining games, this season.

Just watched the whole game again.. with a bit of composure in front of goal we would have scored three or four.. Naismith should have walked for that cynical tackle.. to be fair, they should have a had a penalty.. Caulker got away with that push on Lafferty..