Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Malherbe - Where Has He Gone?

Rate this topic

As title says, does anyone know where Malherbe has gone? He hasn't been in any squad since our last Motherwell fixture with Ferrie stepping in.

It'd not exactly be ideal if things ended up going down to the wire and we had to play someone who has never played a senior match for our biggest match in years!

13 minutes ago, harry94 said:

As title says, does anyone know where Malherbe has gone? He hasn't been in any squad since our last Motherwell fixture with Ferrie stepping in.

It'd not exactly be ideal if things ended up going down to the wire and we had to play someone who has never played a senior match for our biggest match in years!

McCann on his Sky Interview stated that  Ferrie is very close to first team action. 

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Yet another in a list of recent bizarre signings.

4 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Yet another in a list of recent bizarre signings.

If Parish goes down in the play-off final, I'd much much much rather have someone with a bit of experience to come on in that scenario. I'm not knocking Ferrie but it isn't uncommon for guys like that to have complete nightmares as teams smell a bit of weakness and just start punting things into the box. Very rare for a youth 'keeper to be anywhere near first team standard until they get at least a season of playing first-team football which neither of our guys have. I'm not saying it's impossible or that Ferrie isn't ready to play that role but that's just the general reality.

I agree it's bizarre if it's really the case that he's not injured and he's just been so poor that Ferrie genuinely is a better option but full-time teams need some sort of experienced backup for that position. It's a different sort of pressure to maybe bringing on a young striker for a few minutes here and there and gradually building it up, errors are almost always punished.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

If Parish goes down in the play-off final, I'd much much much rather have someone with a bit of experience to come on in that scenario. I'm not knocking Ferrie but it isn't uncommon for guys like that to have complete nightmares as teams smell a bit of weakness and just start punting things into the box. Very rare for a youth 'keeper to be anywhere near first team standard until they get at least a season of playing first-team football which neither of our guys have. I'm not saying it's impossible or that Ferrie isn't ready to play that role but that's just the general reality.

I agree it's bizarre if it's really the case that he's not injured and he's just been so poor that Ferrie genuinely is a better option but full-time teams need some sort of experienced backup for that position. It's a different sort of pressure to maybe bringing on a young striker for a few minutes here and there and gradually building it up, errors are almost always punished.

That was exactly the point I was trying to make, but as ever harry, you've done so much better than I did! 

I know the club doesn't seem keen to share injury news etc, but it would be nice to know if someone like Malherbe was unavailable, because otherwise, folk like me just begin to presume that he's a passenger leaching money off the wage bill.

He was sitting beside El Bak and Julen in the main stand. Nae idea if he's injured or that.

Malherbe was sitting next to Julen and El Bakh in the stand enclosure on Saturday.  Looks like his fallen behind Ferrie in the pecking order. 

47 minutes ago, kemback1997 said:

Malherbe was sitting next to Julen and El Bakh in the stand enclosure on Saturday.  Looks like his fallen behind Ferrie in the pecking order. 

It might be the case that as long as Parish is fit, Ferrie is 2nd in line but if Parish was to get injured, Malherbe would get the nod due to his experience.  Not sure if that makes sense.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

It might be the case that as long as Parish is fit, Ferrie is 2nd in line but if Parish was to get injured, Malherbe would get the nod due to his experience.  Not sure if that makes sense.

But if Malherbe never plays any games at any level, can he possibly be ready to just step in?

42 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

That doesn't really make any sense to me. Seems quite warped thinking to think that Ferrie would not be ready to start a game but would be preferable to come on in a high-pressure situation into a match.

I think there must be something up with him as even if he is considered below Ferrie, he would surely have featured in the 20s squads which he hasn't done since his first absence (and was regularly doing before).

How many games  has he played  for th U20's?. Seem to think  he hasn't  featured  as any level or on the  bench since he had a nightmare for the dev team. 

1 minute ago, Dondeh said:

How many games  has he played  for th U20's?. Seem to think  he hasn't  featured  as any level or on the  bench since he had a nightmare for the dev team. 

He played a game after it. Not had many 20s games since the winter break but he had made 2 out of 3 appearances before his disappearance.

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

He played a game after it. Not had many 20s games since the winter break but he had made 2 out of 3 appearances before his disappearance.

And that's why I marvel at the use of the wage budget over the past two or three seasons.

7 minutes ago, UWTB1893 said:

Playing for the U20s tonight.

I guess it'll answer the question if he's not in the squad tomorrow then. If he's on the bench tomorrow, it's likely been an injury and no more.

Tonight also confirms that Wighton won't likely feature tomorrow Wednesday I imagine.

Line up - Malherbe, Piggott, Wolters, Jefferies, Waddell, Etxabeguren, Lambert, Curran, Wighton, Scott, Moore

Subs - Ferrie, Henvey, Rice, Anderson

Tough game tonight against Hamilton. If we can take three points we'll cut the gap at the top to just one point as Hibs could only draw with Celtic earlier.

51 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Line up - Malherbe, Piggott, Wolters, Jefferies, Waddell, Etxabeguren, Lambert, Curran, Wighton, Scott, Moore

Subs - Ferrie, Henvey, Rice, Anderson

Tough game tonight against Hamilton. If we can take three points we'll cut the gap at the top to just one point as Hibs could only draw with Celtic earlier.

It's pretty much been the same line up for the 20s in the last few games. Won't see CW on Wed but might see him get some game time on Sat. Wolters starts nearly every game for them aswell

Goal! 1-0 Dundee. Julen heads home from Lambert corner.

Goal! 2-0 Dundee. Scott double the lead.

Goal! 3-0 Dundee. Anderson puts the result beyond doubt.

• Like 1