Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Caulker

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
10 hours ago, barkblue said:

After his goal at the weekend, he's proved he has the balls for it..

And a richt set as weel methinks bark' ....

When you consider Simon Murray loupin'up & doon on his back in a celibratory fashion & Moussa still smiling :bouncy:

10 hours ago, scooter99 said:

Probably why we're not all scouts finding the next Messi - there have always been strange signings...Johnathan Woodgate for Real springs to mind. Could just be that they see what they can turn a player into rather than what he is currently?

Fair dues. Imagine what the bid would have been if Caulker had actually been performing like Hendry sinced he joined us! 

For the record: I'm pleased the Board have said no (largely as I think he'll be off in the summer anyway and we need him for the run in) but, like many others on here and elsewhere, confused as to why someone who has been largely average over the course of his Dee two month career (yes, I know he is getting up to speed etc) can be viewed as a £2million player and if Rosenberg wanted him why wasn't he on their radar before he joined us. 

2 hours ago, Gedee said:

Cannae  my head around DFC refusing that kind of offer ... Strange.

McCann said they spoke to Caulker and he's not interested in leaving. It'd be stranger to tell the man of interest in his services, ask if he's wanting permission to speak to them and then accept the bid anyway after he's said he has no intention of going.

Read elsewhere he's apparently due 40% of any fee. More than likely a fabrication but could explain why he's moved to Dundee.

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Read elsewhere he's apparently due 40% of any fee. More than likely a fabrication but could explain why he's moved to Dundee.

I can't see this being the case if he's said he's not interested in moving. Even if it was £1m, and Caulker has said he's not interested, he's essentially knocked back £400k going straight in his back pocket. I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting some sort of %age but surely he wouldn't turn that down

4 hours ago, EastLothianBlue said:

Fair dues. Imagine what the bid would have been if Caulker had actually been performing like Hendry sinced he joined us! 

For the record: I'm pleased the Board have said no (largely as I think he'll be off in the summer anyway and we need him for the run in) but, like many others on here and elsewhere, confused as to why someone who has been largely average over the course of his Dee two month career (yes, I know he is getting up to speed etc) can be viewed as a £2million player and if Rosenberg wanted him why wasn't he on their radar before he joined us. 

Rosenborg's need for another experienced CH appears to be 'an emergency'.

It's a consequence of their calamitous (by their standard) start to their league season, with only 2 points from 9 and trailing Molde by 7 points already, and the need to get their CL qualifier squad ready. They have an injury to one CH & appear to have finally realised their veteran CH Reginiussen is no longer up to the job, not if they want to qualify for the CL & to retain the league for the 4th time in a row. They have a couple of decent, but young, central defenders, and with their window closing tonight, they're looking for 'guaranteed' experience to play at CL-level....Caulker also fits the style of RBK's defensive play.

Although RBK's manager & sports director are refusing to comment to the media, on Caulker or anyone else, they're believed to now be signing an experienced Norwegian international CH, which would presumably end all possibility of trying a 3rd time for Caulker.  

• Star Post 1

Great decision from club and Caulker. Same for Gowser. Keeping a team together is more important IMO for future success than having to start from scratch in each summer window and then trying again in the January one.

Hope NM is part of the reason players want to stay.

I take my hat of to the club board, turning down 2m which even if Caulker gets 40% means we would have had a 1.2million pound profit for six games takes balls, although if the player said he wouldn't go there then it perhaps forced there hand to say no deal.

Personally I would have taken the deal. With playing three at the back it would have been easier for Waddel or Jules to have slotted in at right centre back and there wouldn't have been much distruption in my opinion. However, I think with more games and a pre season under his belt we will see the best centre half in the SPL playing for us next season as although he hasn't been outstanding I've seen enough to know there is a quality player there.

Adblock Detected