Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Sebastiano Nela

Randy

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

What does abody reckon the craic is here? Is he done at Dens? He seems to be doing alright for the 20's now after a spell where he looked like he wasn't even trying.

Is he a lost cause in the managers eyes?

One of the biggest disappointments of this season for me - I genuinely had hopes this guy would be a big player for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sure he was going to be a 'fans favourite', he seemed a 'heart on his sleeve' kind of a guy and at Arbroath pre season seemed to be keen to interact with the crowd. That he wasn't shy of the physical stuff is usually a bonus but for whatever reason it hasn't happened. Not all.signings work out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going by his Instagram posts since he's been out the picture, he seems determined to keep working hard and is desperate for another opportunity. You can also tell he loves playing and wants back in the team.

Some pace on him and his attitude was 100 percent committed. Was just the heavy touches and poor crossing that let him down IMO but he didn't play too many games. I thought we'd maybe see him on from the bench again this season at the least as I think he's due another chance but probably won't see one now since the relegation/play off threat looks like it's going down to the wire.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Going by his Instagram posts since he's been out the picture, he seems determined to keep working hard and is desperate for another opportunity. You can also tell he loves playing and wants back in the team.

Some pace on him and his attitude was 100 percent committed. Was just the heavy touches and poor crossing that let him down IMO but he didn't play too many games. I thought we'd maybe see him on from the bench again this season at the least as I think he's due another chance but probably won't see one now since the relegation/play off threat looks like it's going down to the wire.

Pretty much how I see it mate - can see him heading home in the summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he deserves another chance for the final run of games. Would be an experienced option to have off the bench.

Clearly had a big fall out with Management and been punished to the under 20's until the end of season where there will be a mutual agreement for him to leave.

I've got a feeling he could surprise a few people and seems really fired up to show what he can do.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Clearly had a big fall out with Management

Really?. Is it simply he's not good enough for the first team?. 

Edited by Dondeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
19 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I think he deserves another chance for the final run of games. Would be an experienced option to have off the bench.

Clearly had a big fall out with Management and been punished to the under 20's until the end of season where there will be a mutual agreement for him to leave.

I've got a feeling he could surprise a few people and seems really fired up to show what he can do.   

 

"Clearly had a big fall out with management "......is that your opinion or have you some information to substantiate that please ?Thank you.My uninformed opinion is that  he is merely currently not good enough for the team .

.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His best game for us was v Celtic in the cup he was up and down the wing and offered Kerr plenty of protection.. unfortunately he got that knock to the throat and hasn't really featured since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen him the past couple of Dev games and he seems to have a different attitude and playing well. He looks fitter, has scored a few goals and assisted a few. He's also been doing what no one else seems capable of doing, puting in dangerous crosses on the run. Recently all crosses and free kicks have been to the first man or way over hit. Deacon cross for the goal was the only good one out of several bad ones.(Not only from him)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never went to any pre season games but from reading on here it seemed Wolters was going to be the man and Hendry might struggle. How things change!

It's been hard to tell what Wolters brings because he's made very limited appearances. I've felt he does have something but there is a spark missing. The biggest thing a winger has to have is the ability to put fear into the full back. When the winger has the ball he should be able to beat his man and get a cross in the box. That doesn't appear to be Wolters style so I'm not sure where he can fit into the team.

If we somehow manage to get safe with games to spare then I'd like to see him get another chance to prove himself. As it is, we can't afford to be gambling right now with a player that's previously struggled. Unless he some how forces his way into the team and does really well I don't think he'll be here next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he initially struggled with the speed he was closed down, concentration when defending and fitness.

As a winger he doesn’t have too much skill and prefers to run onto passes with space to go forward as opposed to skinning defenders.

He’s at least taking part in development games now and putting in the effort which he wasn’t doing before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I think he initially struggled with the speed he was closed down, concentration when defending and fitness.

As a winger he doesn’t have too much skill and prefers to run onto passes with space to go forward as opposed to skinning defenders.

He’s at least taking part in development games now and putting in the effort which he wasn’t doing before.

This is very encouraging, Wattie. Think the reason for him not getting a game might be that he just wasn't on message at a time when the message from management was very confusing. NM seems to have sorted that out and it may well be that Wolters will get a return, possibly as a subbie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's struggled badly on and off the park. Given that his contract runs until 2019 I think the sensible thing to do would be to take another look at him in July/August to see if he can do a job for us next season as he should be settled and more comfortable with the style of football. If he's desperate to tear up his contract and return to Holland though we should let him go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dondeh said:

Really?. Is it simply he's not good enough for the first team?. 

Could be that too...

7 hours ago, binhoker said:

"Clearly had a big fall out with management "......is that your opinion or have you some information to substantiate that please ?Thank you.My uninformed opinion is that  he is merely currently not good enough for the team .

.

 

My shite opinion mate only. 

 

Oh look who’s in the squad tonight ?

Edited by J_Kitamirike
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
29 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Could be that too...

My shite opinion mate only. 

 

Oh look who’s in the squad tonight ?

Enjoy the match -maybe Randy will be used as a sub and score the winner.Here's hoping .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even although Randy never got on as a sub he still tweeted a positive post after the game which to me looks a good sign

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoke to Randy in the Underground a few weeks back (p!shed) but he said he and McCann had a fall out in October and he's barely featured since, said he is still training 100% every day and wants to get back in the team and in his words 'put a smile on the faces of the Dundee fans' seemed like a genuine likeable guy, hope he gets another chance as seems to be impressing in the 20's. Apparently one of the highest earners at the club too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.