Sign in to follow this  
Dandy McLean

Ray Wilkins R.I.P.

Rate this topic

Ray Wilkins has passed away. A class act and very good player. Thoughts and condolences go to his family and friends. RIP Ray.

RIP.

Seemed like a really friendly guy and of course, an excellent pro.  

This was big news a good few days ago and I was going  it, but I decided not to it... (maybe wrongly)

But on the basis of, "where does it end" I'm glad now glad Dandy decided to add it. (R W was decent)

And it seems, no one at all had a bad word to say about him. He'd many friends ... A true Gentleman.

Just found out he was Captain of Chelsea at the age of 18 - amazing. 

1 hour ago, Dondeh said:

There was a lot more of an attacking mid to him when he was younger.  Only turned into a sideways/backwards passing robot later in his career.  When he went to Man Utd really.

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Dondeh said:

He was an extremely mature player at an amazingly young age, a natural leader...although that wasn't one of Chelsea's best eras, he earned respect from much older pros, at the club & around the league.

He was one of the more successful English football expats, made the transition look easy, able to become 'as Italian' as his AC Milan colleagues.

3 hours ago, Attilio said:

There was a lot more of an attacking mid to him when he was younger.  Only turned into a sideways/backwards passing robot later in his career.  When he went to Man Utd really.

Pretty much exactly what happened to Scott Brown. I've always said and stand by it, moving to Celtic made his career but stunted his growth. 

Wilkins wasnt a player I remember but I thoroughly enjoyed his honesty in punditry. Will be missed. 

Great guy. Will be missed by many. Excellent pundit. Wonderful and emotional tribute about him by Nigel Quasi. Look it up. Sorry if the spelling is wrong.

1 hour ago, Neil Cameron said:

Great guy. Will be missed by many. Excellent pundit. Wonderful and emotional tribute about him by Nigel Quasi. Look it up. Sorry if the spelling is wrong.

It's a lovely tribute and shows just what a kind, generous and thoughtful person he seems to have been,

I always enjoyed listening to him; he came over as very measured and knowledgeable.