The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
WeighorstsWang

The General

Rate this topic

Excellent news. Have been really impressed with him so far.

I'm a bit apprehensive about committing to contracts so early when our division isn't certain but I do think that, regardless, he'll be a really good player for us. Doesn't take any shite in physical battles anyway.

• Star Post 1

Hopefully next season we'll start with a relatively settled line-up. I expected us to lose our opening game at Dens v County simply because we were integrating so many new players into the starting XI at once.

Looks like we are going with kusunga caulker and Meekings as the back 3 next season. If we can keep hold of Kamara and get some more quality in and get rid of the last of the shite we will be looking good imo

1 hour ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Looks like we are going with kusunga caulker and Meekings as the back 3 next season. If we can keep hold of Kamara and get some more quality in and get rid of the last of the shite we will be looking good imo

Nae danger will Caulker be here next season. I suspect the whole Rosenberg story was us trying to stir up interest for a bidding war. 

Would be very surprised if we don't cash in on Kamara either. 

• Like 1

Kusunga has done quite well so far so happy enough that he’s staying. 

4 minutes ago, Count Duckula said:

Nae danger will Caulker be here next season. I suspect the whole Rosenberg story was us trying to stir up interest for a bidding war. 

That was my initial thought but to be fair, they've then went and splashed apparently over £2m on a Norwegian CH. 

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

I'm a bit apprehensive about committing to contracts so early when our division isn't certain.

Must be a 2 way street?.

The club have secured McGowan, Meekings, Spence and Kusunga, with both club and players not knowing what Division they will be playing in next season. Shows commitment for the long term from both player(s) and club.

Edited by Dondeh

8 minutes ago, Count Duckula said:

If you read what he's been through, I think it's very hard to predict what will happen with him.

18 months at Dundee might be just what he needs at this stage in his life.

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

I'm a bit apprehensive about committing to contracts so early when our division isn't certain but I do think that, regardless, he'll be a really good player for us. Doesn't take any shite in physical battles anyway.

Kind off agree Harry. While I'm happy he signed as he looks a good prospect I'm apprehensive about deals when we don't know which division we will be playing, unless that is there are relegation clauses in the terms.

Just now, Cobra said:

If you read what he's been through, I think it's very hard to predict what will happen with him.

18 months at Dundee might be just what he needs at this stage in his life.

Definitely had a tough time of things. Sorting himself out has to be the main priority for both the player and the club. 

Hopefully he stays away from the Hilltoon, not the best place in the world if you are trying to avoid the temptations of betting and alcohol! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

That was my initial thought but to be fair, they've then went and splashed apparently over £2m on a Norwegian CH. 

Didn't realise that. They must be absolutely minted after their stint in the CL. Pity Scotland's CL representative doesn't pay a fair price when they hoover up the talent in our league. 

55 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

The fee RBK are paying for Even Hovland is 8 million kroner, around £750k. 

1 hour ago, Count Duckula said:

Would be very surprised if we don't cash in on Kamara either. 

The Rosenborg bid was genuine, I still keep in touch with my Norwegian football-following pals, some of whom are RBK fans. I also read all the newspaper website articles...their last-day-of-the-window rush to find an experienced CH was because their central defence is very young, having lost 2 players at the end of last season & they've not had a good first 3 games this season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

The fee RBK are paying for Even Hovland is 8 million kroner, around £750k. 

Thanks for clearing that up. As I said, I only seen speculative reports. According to Tranfrmarket, it's even less than that, £450k!

2 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Thanks for clearing that up. As I said, I only seen speculative reports. According to Tranfrmarket, it's even less than that, £450k!

RBK have refused to talk to the media about the deal, and the one loaning in a very young striker, as they've been heavily criticised for 'panic signings', after allowing a few to leave over the winter close season. The Kr 8m figure includes add-ons, according to the selling club, Sogndal....that £450k may be the initial fee.

Other than the report from their local Trondheim paper, which I quoted earlier this week, there was next to nothing about the Caulker bid from them. More secretive than NM ;)