The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Post-Split Fixtures

Rate this topic

Coming out "early next week". Hopefully we'll see them on Monday.

Who do folk want up first? I'm thinking a game against the beleaguered Jags would be best.

Motherwell. Get what will be, in theory, the most difficult game out the way first. 

13 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Partick, Hamilton, County, motherwell, St Johnstone 

If the Saintees were to do a complete collapse & drop to 11th/12th in 4 games (they won't, of course), while we won our 4 to be already safe, it would be fun to have the chance to relegate them again :)  

Sadly unrealistic, though.

16 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

If the Saintees were to do a complete collapse & drop to 11th/12th in 4 games (they won't, of course), while we won our 4 to be already safe, it would be fun to have the chance to relegate them again :)  

Sadly unrealistic, though.

Even put them into the play off spot

I don't know why they couldn't have released the fixtures tonight. They must surely have them done by now. Hopefully we'll see them first thing in the morning.

23 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I don't know why they couldn't have released the fixtures tonight. They must surely have them done by now. Hopefully we'll see them first thing in the morning.

They're still working out where and against which team they want Celtic win the league. Celtic will  be given a guard of honour in the following fixture, the SFA won't want Rangers involved in either game or the last game of the season for fear of trouble. So we all wait while they sort that lot out

Think Patrick first game or two is a must, their confidence looks to be shattered at the minute.

Motherwell second last or last game would be a good shout aswell as they won’t have much to play for, and could possibly still be in the Scottish cup. 

Maybe the Auld Heid is confusing me, but I'm sure someone can enlighten ...

I follow that after the split each club plays five games to decide final positions  .... who definitely goes down & the other team above them involved in the play-off. I realise also the five games are split between 2 aways & 3 homes ... or the ither way aroond (I presume this is decided /judged on a semi-professional manner)   The bit I'm getting myself confused on ....How is it decided though, which Club you play away or at home?

For instance if you have a great home record (but an absolutely terrible away record) against a paricular club, & it is in the Clubs interest to hope this is one of the home games ...How do the "powers that be"reach the final decision, to make a particular game a home or away game. If so, could that not help manipulate the final result?

(Kinda sorry eh asked that question, because eh think eh've got mehsel' confused & in a right tangle...Is it really obvious?)

Just now, Wattie Rojas said:

Do we play this Saturday or is there a break?

Scottish cup semis this weekend Walter.

League starts again the weekend after.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Scottish cup semis this weekend Walter.

League starts again the weekend after.

Awk... fuc* the SC! :(

32 minutes ago, Gedee said:

I follow that after the split each club plays five games to decide final positions  .... who definitely goes down & the other team above them involved in the play-off. I realise also the five games are split between 2 aways & 3 homes ... or the ither way aroond (I presume this is decided /judged on a semi-professional manner)   The bit I'm getting myself confused on ....How is it decided though, which Club you play away or at home?

For instance if you have a great home record (but an absolutely terrible away record) against a paricular club, & it is in the Clubs interest to hope this is one of the home games ...How do the "powers that be"reach the final decision, to make a particular game a home or away game. If so, could that not help manipulate the final result?

(Kinda sorry eh asked that question, because eh think eh've got mehsel' confused & in a right tangle...Is it really obvious?)

It is obvious in a kind of logical sense but not in a way that would make Mr Spock happy.  So far this season we've played Partick twice away and once at home for instance.  Other than that I would imagine the SPFL employ the latest technology to sort it out.  In other words a tombola of similar manufacture to that used by NM when picking our team sometimes.  Apart from Saturday when Paul McGowan apparently had a note from his mum.

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, Attilio said:

It is obvious in a kind of logical sense but not in a way that would make Mr Spock happy.  So far this season we've played Partick twice away and once at home for instance.  Other than that I would imagine the SPFL employ the latest technology to sort it out.  In other words a tombola of similar manufacture to that used by NM when picking our team sometimes.  Apart from Saturday when Paul McGowan apparently had a note from his mum.

Guid fun quick response Attilio.Thank you. I think now I might understand it more.

But just in case eh've still got some o' it wrang, I will adopt meh Mr Spock Face :wacko:

2 hours ago, Gedee said:

I suppose they have to consider H/A balance between the 2 sides and in total for each team - perhaps harder than it looks.  Impossible to get it it 100% and it seems they do not bad t.b.f.

I reserve the right to rip the p*ss when the fixtures are announced despite the above, obviously. :P

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

It has previously been posted on this forum that we are supposed to be playing three games at home in the post split fixtures. We have already played Ross County, Motherwell and St Johnstone twice at home which means that to get three home fixtures we will have to play one of these clubs three times at home this season.

I believe that when the SPFL compiled the fixture list for the current 2017-18 season they assumed that St Johnstone would be in the top 6 after 33 games and Kilmarnock in the bottom 6.

27 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

I suppose they have to consider H/A balance between the 2 sides and in total for each team - perhaps harder than it looks.  Impossible to get it it 100% and it seems they do not bad t.b.f.

I reserve the right to rip the p*ss when the fixtures are announced despite the above, obviously:P

I'd be very disappointed if you HK (& in fact everyone) didnae continue to "rip the p*ss oot them on here :)

I feel it is part of Our Duty ....And we awe need a Guid Scapegoat ;)

14 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

It has previously been posted on this forum that we are supposed to be playing three games at home in the post split fixtures. We have already played Ross County, Motherwell and St Johnstone twice at home which means that to get three home fixtures we will have to play one of these clubs three times at home this season.

I believe that when the SPFL compiled the fixture list for the current 2017-18 season they assumed that St Johnstone would be in the top 6 after 33 games and Kilmarnock in the bottom 6.

I don't think there is anything with the SPFL making an educated guess at who will be top 6 and bottom 6 to minimise the number of problems when compiling the post-split fixtures - quite reasonable. Maybe they had us down for top 6 rather than the Daintees?

11 hours ago, Harold Finch said:

They're still working out where and against which team they want Celtic win the league. Celtic will  be given a guard of honour in the following fixture, the SFA won't want Rangers involved in either game or the last game of the season for fear of trouble. So we all wait while they sort that lot out

They were working on the fixtures all last week. If they created a provisional fixture list based on Rangers and Celtic winning at the weekend the fixtures should be good to go.

I'm guessing they had to wait for the weekend games to finish before sending the fixtures to the police and broadcasters for approval. If the police and Sky/BT have meetings scheduled for today to discuss I'm thinking we might see confirmed fixtures some time today or early tomorrow (assuming there are no requests for changes).