Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Post-Split Fixtures

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Last week it was "early next week". Today it's "probably sometime in the next 48 hours".

Instead of just giving us the fixtures, there are groups of people sitting in meetings umming and ahhing about a single match between Rangers and Celtic. That's Scottish football for you.

• Like 1

Tbh, having watched the Old Firm title decider back in 1999, I can understand why the authorities will want to avoid that, as ridiculous as that scenario is, but 9 days to release a set of fixtures does sum up Scottish football.

The police would just need to handle it same as any other Old Firm game or cup final etc same as the police had to handle Man City v Man United title decider at the weekend and various other high risk games that constantly get played. Too much pandering to the Old Firm in this country.

We just want to know when we're playing Ross County FFS ?

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Last week it was "early next week". Today it's "probably sometime in the next 48 hours".

Instead of just giving us the fixtures, there are groups of people sitting in meetings umming and ahhing about a single match between Rangers and Celtic. That's Scottish football for you.

Friday it is.

1 hour ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Tbh, having watched the Old Firm title decider back in 1999, I can understand why the authorities will want to avoid that, as ridiculous as that scenario is, but 9 days to release a set of fixtures does sum up Scottish football.

The police would just need to handle it same as any other Old Firm game or cup final etc same as the police had to handle Man City v Man United title decider at the weekend and various other high risk games that constantly get played. Too much pandering to the Old Firm in this country.

We just want to know when we're playing Ross County FFS ?

I get it. I've watched that game back and read a lot about it and it was terrible.

It was twenty years ago though. I can see why the police would be worried but they are part of the same league. It doesn't seem fair to deviate from the normal process - the league did not have this policy in place when we relegated United.

For what it's worth, I think it'd be relatively fine and go down like cup finals between them go. I think playing the 99 game in the evening was the biggest issue. They could play it at 12 like they do in Wales they wanted.

45 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Friday it is.

Cheers Yoda. :lol:

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

To be fair to them, if they say they will wait until after 33 games are played then what's the problem. While this year it was settled before that it might not always be the case. Having said that, if its as Yoda says, nae need to wait there is not SPL. 

e96b775c9d368803d92e0022028e9d93.gif

Adblock Detected