Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Post-Split Fixtures

Cobra

2 hours ago, Densparker said:

As always the fans will be the last to know.

I'm not sure there's any other way, surely? 

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Fixtures can't be released because the police aren't happy about the possibility of Celtic winning the league against Rangers. What a farce.

Think that's quite understandable, they've their own employees to look after.

1 hour ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Daily Record is saying there's still no agreement and could rumble on to Thursday or Friday so I presume the "leaked" Celtic fixtures is typical internet makey up

Not sure on that. It was a Celtic leak followed up by numerous journalists like Grieve backing it up. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Just now, WeighorstsWang said:

Think that's quite understandable, they've their own employees to look after.

If the police are adamant that they don't want Celtic winning the title against Rangers this could have been communicated weeks or even months ago.

The SPFL sending the police fixtures which create such a possibility is farcical because they must have known they wouldn't get the green light.

I don't think there is any reason why they can't just realise the bottom six fixtures - they aren't dependent on each other as it's just the fixtures of each split that need to finish at the same time.

I imagine we'll have the last set of fixtures as a weird time with the provision that three matches could be televised at the same time. For all that's being made about the Old Firm, it could potentially set up as a cracking day of entertainment if our section goes to the last day. We could have the scenario where the bottom 4 places are all still up for grabs and then there's even a battle for 7th.

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If the police are adamant that they don't want Celtic winning the title against Rangers this could have been communicated weeks or even months ago.

The SPFL sending the police fixtures which create such a possibility is farcical because they must have known they wouldn't get the green light.

They can't get a safety certificate without the police's go ahead, why would they release the fixture list before making sure it'd go ahead first? 

Agree with Harry's point regarding bottom six, we're effectively two different leagues from here on out.

10 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I don't think there is any reason why they can't just realise the bottom six fixtures - they aren't dependent on each other as it's just the fixtures of each split that need to finish at the same time.

I imagine we'll have the last set of fixtures as a weird time with the provision that three matches could be televised at the same time. For all that's being made about the Old Firm, it could potentially set up as a cracking day of entertainment if our section goes to the last day. We could have the scenario where the bottom 4 places are all still up for grabs and then there's even a battle for 7th.

Reminds me of the 1976 end of season when we went down on goal difference....couldn't bear that again

Just now, WeighorstsWang said:

They can't get a safety certificate without the police's go ahead, why would they release the fixture list before making sure it'd go ahead first? 

I never said they should release the fixtures before getting the go-ahead. I'm saying that they surely already know exactly what the police want so I don't understand why how they could spend so much time compiling fixtures that are unacceptable to the police.

All the SPFL surely have to do is play the Old Firm game in week 4 or week 5 when Celtic will have already clinched the title.

1 minute ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Week 4 is midweek, week 5 is when the trophy would be getting presented, you'd assume.

Is there something stopping an Old Firm game being played midweek? Is there a reason why Celtic can't receive their trophy after Rangers fans have left the stadium? If those two are really a problem then make the game in week 3 when Celtic will almost certainly already be champions.

My point is the SPFL could easily have ascertained what is and isn't acceptable to the police before creating their provisional fixture list.

I'm not on the frontline of policing and I don't have to deal with the troglodytes. I wouldn't be too keen on policing a bank holiday (week 3) game. Fairly certain that was part of the problem in '99.

Can a midweek Old Firm game really happen in Glasgow, so close to rush hour etc? I wouldn't think it's viable.

I agree with you, week 5 is the most sensible looking time for it to take place. We both know all common sense goes out the window when the Old Firm is involved though.

Laughable situation that sums up Scottish football. Just play the Old Firm game behind closed doors if the Police/SPFL think the fans can't behave. If the Old Firm are adamant they've moved on from 1999 (aye right!) then let them play it. If it turns out they don't behave deduct them points or stadium closures. Never going to happen of course because too many people in Scotland want to turn a blind eye to sectarianism to ensure a few extra quid goes into Scottish football.

Anyway, I couldn't really care less when that game gets played. Just get the bottom six fixtures out so I can plan my weekends!

Just now, HK Blues said:

I assume they can't release the bottom 6 fixtures because of TV coverage?

This is kinda typical - we all know this was going to happen so why have they not been working on various sets of fixtures in advance?

I think they'd open themselves to even more ridicule if they released the bottom six fixtures and held back the top six fixtures because they don't know what to do about the Old Firm game. They don't actually want to admit that this delay is all Rangers and Celtic so I don't think there's any danger of us seeing our fixture list earlier.

Adblock Detected