The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Rangers 4 - 0 Dundee (07th April 2018)

Rate this topic

Rangers run rampant over a poor Dundee side.

Goals from Miller 39',  Morelos 68', Murphy 79', Candeias 90' means that Rangers run out 4-0 winners today.

What's left to say after that?

Maybe left tired after the game against Celtic midweek?

What I feared after seeing the line ups.

Would have been worse with more injury time.

Big psychological blow going in to the split.

Once again, the bottom 2 being as bad saves us.

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16

Rangers run rampant in the end over a poor looking Dundee side in the end.  We were still in that game well into the 2nd half.  2nd goal killed us then we fell apart tbh.  A major difference between the two teams was the ability to take chances

• Like 4

Play well v hearts defend well v Celtic and go there and completely collapse as usual...we desperately need someone who can score ..created plenty again but toothless up front.....on the plus side we got 2 vital points in the last week that nobody thought we'd get ... regroup and get these last 5 games sorted.

• Like 1

It was poor but we actually settled in the game for a while and created a fair bit up until the third goal - just not lethal enough and get caught pushing forward.

Think a few were knackered out there and we missed McGowan's ball retention as well which didn't help.

Oh well 1 point from Celtic and Rangers away is better than we usually achieve so will just have to move on. It could have been worse.

Think there's a bit of an overreaction tbh.

• Like 8

Just now, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Once again, the bottom 2 being as bad save us.

And that is why we will be fine. Partick are in free-fall, we should be ok. Hamilton in the mix too. TBH after the results in our last two games, I wasn't expecting much today its the Dundee way! 

Would of taken 2points in our three games before hand so pleased we aren't in the bottom two and there is still a gap between us. 

Definitely squeaky bum time now 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Is it just me that thinks the ‘poor Dundee side’ is a bit unfair? 

I know the roof caved in at about the 70th minute mark but until then we were continuously threatening and putting together some excellent attacking movements.

The tactics meant our flanks were exposed which was ultimately our undoing not the effort of the players who I thought all played very well for the most part. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

Is it just me that thinks the ‘poor Dundee side’ is a bit unfair? 

I know the roof caved in at about the 70th minute mark but until then we were continuously threatening and putting together some excellent attacking movements.

The tactics meant our flanks were exposed which was ultimately our undoing not the effort of the players who I thought all played very well for the most part. 

I'd agree with that.  Looked good in spells. 2nd goal may have floored us but the terrible 3rd goal killed us.

Chances aplenty but not clinical enough.

Edited by Budgem
Sp

Pumped again at Ibrox to zip, Dross Co pick up another point on us and have a better goal difference. But hey the DABS got beat so everything is cushtie, correct?.  

Edited by Dondeh

As soon as it went 2-0 a cuffing was always on the cards ..as frustrating as it is I'd rather get beat giving it a go trying to get back into the game than settle for a 2-0 defeat..

Another poor result but even more worryingly thanks to today’s result our goal difference is now minus 22 whilst Ross County’s is minus 19. 

Worrying times for Dundee supporters especially as our team cannot score goals which win games.

We've took 4 going on 8 at Ibrox again after playing well for an hour from a Rangers side that struggles at home. 

Celtic and Hearts results were excellent.

Today was very poor and could have been a lot worse. 

• Like 1

We played well at times and created some really good chances. It's just frustrating that we squandered a really good opportunity to beat a disjointed Rangers team at Ibrox through naive tactics.

Surely when you're playing Rangers away you have to defend well and look to break on the counter. At times we seemed to want to play the game in their half which left us horribly exposed on the flanks every time they regained possession.

Neil McCann can hold his head high in that he took his Dundee team to Ibrox to play football and attack but he didn't maximise our chances of getting a result.

The main thing is though that we are edging closer to safety. On deadline day we were two points from the play-offs. Before facing Hearts, Celtic and Rangers we were three points from the play-offs, and today we sit four points from the play-offs with only five games remaining. We're getting there.

• Like 5

its the goal difference after today that worries me as ross county are -19 whilst we are -22 now so we better hope we get a couple of wins after the split to guarantee safety

Called it before hand. Horrendous tactics making it an easy day for Rangers. Is it any wonder Celtic fans go on about us lying down to Rangers. McCann threw that game today with those tactics. 2 up front and Spence in a 3 man midfield, absolute joke. And our goal difference takes a hammering. 

Wait until the split when we have Patrick and Hamilton at home and he plays 3 up front thinking we are f**cking Barca. Mans a joke.

Today was perfect to sit in for a nil nil and hope Murray can hit them on the break. To late to punt him now, get Ross tapped now and get him in the summer.

Played well. Don’t understand talk of poor tactics. Simply put, getting caught out via a short pass from a goal kick was gonna happen at some point this season. + running out of steam was what killed us...

Edited by CRVDarkBlue

27 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It was poor but we actually settled in the game for a while and created a fair bit up until the third goal - just not lethal enough and get caught pushing forward.

Think a few were knackered out there and we missed McGowan's ball retention as well which didn't help.

Oh well 1 point from Celtic and Rangers away is better than we usually achieve so will just have to move on. It could have been worse.

Think there's a bit of an overreaction tbh.

Absolutely.

If we'd been offered two pionts from Hearts, Celtic and Rangers + a 4 point cushion over 11th going into the split, we'd probably have taken it.

Disappointed by how things worked out at Ibrox, but in reality it's all about the next five games, just as it was before kick off today.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Little in it until 68th minute then team visibly tired after second. 

Kamara and Deacon were excellent 

• Like 1