Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
UWTB1893

1962 League Winning Programme

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Does anyone own one? I was going good to write about that game in the next few weeks and was hoping to post the whole programme but the only stumbling block is, I dont own a copy. 

Is there anyone else in the Dundee area who would lend me it to let me scan it?

I totally understand if no one would be keen to do so but I thought it was worth asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I have the programme and would be happy to give you a copy.

Put up a link and ill get back to you.I have a scanner.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my proudest possessions,JimMhas beaten me to it but if you want any input of personal memories from the greatest day happy to help.I know one or two others who were there too and almost unbelievably one of them still has his banner which features in the footage behind the goal .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JimM said:

Hi

I have the programme and would be happy to give you a copy.

Put up a link and ill get back to you.I have a scanner.

 

Absolutely fantastic mate. If you can scan all the pages and send them to UWTB1893@gmail.com

I think the size of the programme, it will scan two pages a time except the front and back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dfcman said:

One of my proudest possessions,JimMhas beaten me to it but if you want any input of personal memories from the greatest day happy to help.I know one or two others who were there too and almost unbelievably one of them still has his banner which features in the footage behind the goal .

That's a great idea mate. When I'm about to start writing about that day in the next week, I'll drop you a PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UWTB1893 said:

Absolutely fantastic mate. If you can scan all the pages and send them to UWTB1893@gmail.com

I think the size of the programme, it will scan two pages a time except the front and back. 

Ive sent you an email

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so pleased that ‘Dee fans are helping you. I have a copy and almost didn’t. Years ago I was going through my programmes and found a St. Johnstone v Dundee programme which a friend gave me years ago. Normally I would have chucked it out as the score was written on the cover and scorers in the middle and the half time scores on the back pack. Phew I’m mighty glad that I didn’t !!!??

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/04/2018 at 22:44, dfcman said:

One of my proudest possessions,JimMhas beaten me to it but if you want any input of personal memories from the greatest day happy to help.I know one or two others who were there too and almost unbelievably one of them still has his banner which features in the footage behind the goal .

Any chance of a pic on here of your mates banner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Any chance of a pic on here of your mates banner?

I'll ask him.I had previously suggested he present it to the Club perhaps for display in a cabinet in the new Stadium similar to the display in the Bobby Cox for all to see.t would be good if memorabilia like that was collected together for public display .

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dfcman said:

I'll ask him.I had previously suggested he present it to the Club perhaps for display in a cabinet in the new Stadium similar to the display in the Bobby Cox for all to see.t would be good if memorabilia like that was collected together for public display .

He should hold onto it until the time is right for it to find a place in the DFC museum, planned to be included in the Campy Nou....there must be some interesting other stuff around, from our good years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.