Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season Tickets 18/19

4 hours ago, Harold Finch said:

You read a lot of posts that refer to "matchday experience" and "customer satsfaction"

For me my match day experience consists of turning up at Dens about quarter to three, blether with fans around me, moan about the line up, try and work out what formation we're playing, watch the first half in hope of a goal, if can be bothered at half time  I'll have a pie and a bovril (moan about the cost and temperature of the pie) seconf half I'll settle in still hoping for a goal, wander out the ground at full time questioning my senses for putting myself through that again :D..........the day before the next game I get that feeling and it all starts again

I don't really care if we have face painting/cheerleaders/bars in the ground etc I'm there to watch the match, hope for a result and catch up with fellow Dees,

Customer satisfaction, depends on the result, effort levels from the players, decisions from the referee

What do other Dees want as a matchday experience?

I've been asking on and off for a couple of seasons what folk mean by 'match day experience'. That's why I out it in quotes when I mentioned earlier, as I;ve no idea what folk mean by it.

Minus the food, my day at the football is pretty much the same as yours.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 hours ago, WoodStein said:

The Shareholders' AGM was dropped during Bob Brannan's time as club chairman, at the time when DFCSS (D4L) held the initial circa 25% shareholding. I think this was agreed by shareholders at that last AGM?, I recall the discussions with the DFCSS board following that decision to replace AGMs with a Q&A. I believe there was only one Q&A held after that?

Re B.Cram's comment "The original reason was, I believe, because there were several thousand shareholders whose shares were held as part of the DFCSS shareholding", this didn't actually impact on the Club AGM. DFCSS members only had a single share in DFCSS, not in DFC. 

You're right, the Society is a single DFC shareholder. Some DFC minor shareholders may have given their proxy vote to DFCSS, but this wouldn't have been too many, I suspect. There are around 1,000 shareholders in DFC, though a fair number may no longer be alive.

Thanks Woodstein for the correction. I thought that DFCSS actually owned the club when it came out of administration and that was why we had to vote for the sale of a majority shareholding to FPS. It's water under the bridge but it seems to me that the club should be having AGM's to allow for direct dialogue to take place between the minority shareholders and the club. The agreement to replace AGM's with a Q&A session has not been honoured and it just seems to be another rod to beat FPS. 

If they would pay attention to the sensible concerns being expressed by the likes of dfcman and others they might manage to generate goodwill and understanding for their ideas.

5 hours ago, Harold Finch said:

You read a lot of posts that refer to "matchday experience" and "customer satsfaction"

For me my match day experience consists of turning up at Dens about quarter to three, blether with fans around me, moan about the line up, try and work out what formation we're playing, watch the first half in hope of a goal, if can be bothered at half time  I'll have a pie and a bovril (moan about the cost and temperature of the pie) seconf half I'll settle in still hoping for a goal, wander out the ground at full time questioning my senses for putting myself through that again :D..........the day before the next game I get that feeling and it all starts again

I don't really care if we have face painting/cheerleaders/bars in the ground etc I'm there to watch the match, hope for a result and catch up with fellow Dees,

Customer satisfaction, depends on the result, effort levels from the players, decisions from the referee

In my opinion the music played over the tannoys is dull. We some sing a long music which might cheer up the Dundee support. Songs like Sweet Caroline by Neil Dimond and Happiness by the late Ken Dodd are a couple of songs which spring to mind.

13 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

In my opinion the music played over the tannoys is dull. We some sing a long music which might cheer up the Dundee support. Songs like Sweet Caroline by Neil Dimond and Happiness by the late Ken Dodd are a couple of songs which spring to mind.

When we were young we used to sing “My penis” to Happiness :D

ill ask if there’s any George Formby in the DJ  box :D 

35 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Let's attract a younger audience to Dens and build the fanbase of the future... by playing Neil Diamond and Ken Dodd.

17 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

There must be, the windows are braw and clean!

6 hours ago, Harold Finch said:

2 hours ago, barkblue said:

I've been asking on and off for a couple of seasons what folk mean by 'match day experience'. That's why I out it in quotes when I mentioned earlier, as I;ve no idea what folk mean by it.

Minus the food, my day at the football is pretty much the same as yours.

That's just because it's what we've come to expect. The match day experience described depends on you making your own entertainment by chatting, having a pint and indulging in some good old fashioned moaning. I don't want cheerleaders or communal singing but surely the club needs to thinking out of the box.

The day a pie becomes a consideration in my match day experience will be the last day I ever go to football.

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

That's just because it's what we've come to expect. The match day experience described depends on you making your own entertainment by chatting, having a pint and indulging in some good old fashioned moaning. I don't want cheerleaders or communal singing but surely the club needs to thinking out of the box.

The day a pie becomes a consideration in my match day experience will be the last day I ever go to football.

At home games in the 1960’s a local pipe band used to play before the game and also at half time. However that was back in the days when there were large attendances and people were queuing up to get in when the turnstiles opened at 1.30pm on a Saturday afternoon for a 3pm kickoff.

28 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

When we were young we used to sing “My penis” to Happiness :D

Christ, Boy George is soooooooo last century never mind the boy with the grill who cleans windaes. I'd go for something like The Smiths, get everyone so down that come the second half they're desperate to get the game going. :lol2:

A bit of Girlfriend in a Coma would work for me anyway but I'm biased, I love me a bit of The Smiths. :)

• Funny 1

Adblock Detected