Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season Tickets 18/19

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
12 minutes ago, dfcman said:

I was thinking more about big screens to replay controversial moments of a game,new and improved facilities and support for disabled,visually impaired,elderly,infirm,disadvantaged people who want to attend matches,pre-match highlights of our excellent development team matches using the DFCSS monitors in the BC as well as the big screens,interspersed with and paid for by advertisers.

Its not those who,like myself who rock up anyway but those who cant, don't and/or have stopped that we have to think about

The part in bold is a particularly excellent idea, but all of your post is worthy of consideration.

Not sure how much big screens etc would cost to implement, but I'd hope for something a little less embarrassing than our scoreboard.

Seriously good stuff though mate.

2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Nonsense ...you would consult with your mates and buy seats together. Granted you cannae consult with the whole Coxy but surely you can sort yourself out.

1 hour ago, Harold Finch said:

Not really nonsense, there will be guys that sit near you and you only ever see them at the match

There are Dees go to the match on their own

Harold is spot on BillyCG.

Since my brother stopped going, I head to Dens myself and happily chat to the guys in the row in front in the Coxy and those on either side of me. I have done for 14/15 years, but there not my mates. I don't have their phone numbers or emails etc. 

Good chance that when/if there was a new ground I'd end up never bumping into these guys again.

On a personal level I'm OK with that. I go to the few away games I still do on my own and happily sit myself if no one else turns up for a friendly, but there will be others who might be less inclined to go if they were to be left 'isolated', as such.

That said, we're not the first club to move ground (if it happens) so it would sort itself out.

Been catching up and reading this good thread and all the opinions. 

As always it's so complex predicated on  why are we charging this? And why are we using new 'Premium' tickets (whatever they are). And those who are able to buy a season ticket and those who choose not to. All extremely fair and valid points.

But football is a bizarre business and an industry where it seems that no one can really judge whether the product one is buying is in anyway value for money, time or investment. 

Market forces don't count: whereby the seller needs to / could reduce prices due to competition; Aside from fans not going where else would they go on a Saturday to watch football? I guess most of us would just give up football rather than go to a 'competitor'. 

Etc etc. 

My view is (and I've banged on about this for months) unless we know what The Plan is how the hell can we assess whether it is good bad or indifferent. Is it worth me investing another £40 a year and/or my time? 

I absolutely suggest that each year, accompanied wth our Season Ticket promotion there should be 4 main objectives for the club and we the fans decide whether we buy into it. Eg

Hi Dundee fans. This year our season tickets are x and with your support we will strive to finish top six; reach a semi-final, finish x in the development league, raise x£ through transfer fees and increase our balance sheet by x. And, as importantly, if we don't reach these aims then we will review and if necessary take action: either to change internal structure or review tickets for next year, in amongst the confines of the wider funding for Scottish football.

But no.

Instead we have no idea whether last season was a success or failure nor what we are literally buying into next year. Compounded by early bird tickets before we know what league we are in and mysterious Premium tickets. 

Only in the football business could you get away with a complete lack of budget versus actual, critical analysis of previous plans and confusion with your long-term client base and core funding. 

So yes, many of us will renew our season tickets and others won't. But none of us will actually know what we are paying for aside from the thing that makes football fans great...blind faith, loyalty and hope. 

If only every business could run like that! 

5 minutes ago, EastLothianBlue said:

Been catching up and reading this good thread and all the opinions. 

As always it's so complex predicated on  why are we charging this? And why are we using new 'Premium' tickets (whatever they are). And those who are able to buy a season ticket and those who choose not to. All extremely fair and valid points.

But football is a bizarre business and an industry where it seems that no one can really judge whether the product one is buying is in anyway value for money, time or investment. 

Market forces don't count: whereby the seller needs to / could reduce prices due to competition; Aside from fans not going where else would they go on a Saturday to watch football? I guess most of us would just give up football rather than go to a 'competitor'. 

Etc etc. 

My view is (and I've banged on about this for months) unless we know what The Plan is how the hell can we assess whether it is good bad or indifferent. Is it worth me investing another £40 a year and/or my time? 

I absolutely suggest that each year, accompanied wth our Season Ticket promotion there should be 4 main objectives for the club and we the fans decide whether we buy into it. Eg

Hi Dundee fans. This year our season tickets are x and with your support we will strive to finish top six; reach a semi-final, finish x in the development league, raise x£ through transfer fees and increase our balance sheet by x. And, as importantly, if we don't reach these aims then we will review and if necessary take action: either to change internal structure or review tickets for next year, in amongst the confines of the wider funding for Scottish football.

But no.

Instead we have no idea whether last season was a success or failure nor what we are literally buying into next year. Compounded by early bird tickets before we know what league we are in and mysterious Premium tickets. 

Only in the football business could you get away with a complete lack of budget versus actual, critical analysis of previous plans and confusion with your long-term client base and core funding. 

So yes, many of us will renew our season tickets and others won't. But none of us will actually know what we are paying for aside from the thing that makes football fans great...blind faith, loyalty and hope. 

If only every business could run like that! 

Yep. That’s football supporting in a nutshell. While I don’t see that changing in the near future, I guess the biggest danger will be newer and better leisure activities appearing to take our attention, when I say “our” I mean our kids and grand kids (those of us who are still supporters must surely be beyond temptation). :lol2:

On 15/04/2018 at 13:33, Prince Buster said:

But you're happy for oldies to get fee bus travel whilst other pay. ;)

I have a free bus pass but do not use it other than as a means of identification .  I am not claiming falsely  for  having one, i.e. telling that I am older than I am . I have heard that some free bus pass users receive beverages and biccies on some  buses free. - if that is the case,   I am totally against it  . For 41 years I paid Nat. Insurance  and others benefited from that.  I benefit now from receiving a State pension and Health care.   A wonderful  scheme and I do not approve of anyone  abusing  the benefits of our welfare state . I do disapprove of anyone obtaining any  special  deals  of any kind by way of deceipt . Yes, I receive a reduced rate Seniors Season ticket . Yes, I helped  donate to the Club  by way of cash  donations when we went into  administration and yes, I initiated a scheme which raised a goodly 4 figure sum for the same.  I would never lie to obtain any concession from the Club  and despise anyone who does.

I f you feel that the free bus pass scheme is  unjust and unnecessary  you can always make representation to your Member of Parliament. Yes, there are possibly/probably some/many  pass holders  who could well afford the regular fair  and in that case it is unfair for them to have free travel at the taxpayers' expense.

Just out of interest , will you knock back any concession upon your retirement whilst others pay ?

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, binhoker said:

I have a free bus pass but do not use it other than as a means of identification .  I am not claiming falsely  for  having one, i.e. telling that I am older than I am . I have heard that some free bus pass users receive beverages and biccies on some  buses free. - if that is the case,   I am totally against it  . For 41 years I paid Nat. Insurance  and others benefited from that.  I benefit now from receiving a State pension and Health care.   A wonderful  scheme and I do not approve of anyone  abusing  the benefits of our welfare state . I do disapprove of anyone obtaining any  special  deals  of any kind by way of deceipt . Yes, I receive a reduced rate Seniors Season ticket . Yes, I helped  donate to the Club  by way of cash  donations when we went into  administration and yes, I initiated a scheme which raised a goodly 4 figure sum for the same.  I would never lie to obtain any concession from the Club  and despise anyone who does.

I f you feel that the free bus pass scheme is  unjust and unnecessary  you can always make representation to your Member of Parliament. Yes, there are possibly/probably some/many  pass holders  who could well afford the regular fair  and in that case it is unfair for them to have free travel at the taxpayers' expense.

Just out of interest , will you knock back any concession upon your retirement whilst others pay ?

At least I know now not to try to have a laugh with you.

Bought mine today. Up from Edinburgh for the day so popped into shop. Boy in front asking loads of questions which required boy behind counter to make phone calls elsewhere, gave up after 20 mins and then phoned shop an hour later...no reply then call cut off. If its complex then maybe need two counter assistants especially on a match week when folk want Saints tickets too?

Finally got ticket on phone around 2pm. phew!

4 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Bought mine today. Up from Edinburgh for the day so popped into shop. Boy in front asking loads of questions which required boy behind counter to make phone calls elsewhere, gave up after 20 mins and then phoned shop an hour later...no reply then call cut off. If its complex then maybe need two counter assistants especially on a match week when folk want Saints tickets too?

Finally got ticket on phone around 2pm. phew!

Good to hear your patience was rewarded BCG  ? another option for renewers is to email the ticket office with your contact DEEtails and request them to call you back when they get free of shop queue, and complete your renewal with card payment over the phone.

Adblock Detected