Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Season Tickets 18/19

I complained about season ticket prices last season so for them to be frozen is nothing to praise them about. The early bird prices are OK. At the upper end of what I'd be willing to pay. The early bird ends far too early though. Put it this way, I'll not be paying £350 to watch us play in the Championship and I'll not be paying £385 to watch us be in a relegation battle again where we barely win at home. I'd imagine there will be quite a few waiting to see how the season pans out before deciding. We really need to get safe from relegation in the first 2/3 games after split or season ticket sales are going to be alarming.

£30 to watch a game of football in Scotland is laughable. As is £26 and £24 to be honest. Really going to hate to see what attendances are like in the home ends for Old Firm games. We need a big noisy home support for these sort of games to stand a chance. Look at Hibs and Hearts as an example of getting results when you have a hostile atmosphere. Instead we turn it into a home game for them.

If it is purely about business why don't we just offer to not play the games against Old Firm. We give them the 3 points in exchange for £200k or something. Honestly that is the way football is going if it is being run as a business to such an extent.

Edited by Edin_Dee
typo
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Just had a look at Killie pricing. 

Now there is no doubt they have added a huge number of fans to their gate due to success on the park but they pricing for individual games puts us to shame. 

£20 for all Home games apparently and £45 for two adults and two kids. 

Season tickets obviosly cheaper and offers a family season ticket two adults and two kids for £360 outstanding value. 

Premium Games work out as low as only £18.42 if you can buy a season ticket. The club are pushing for people to buy season tickets, you save money in the long run rather than buying individual games. The club can't please everyone, £30 is expensive for Scottish football, I agree. 

19 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

How would people that can't afford to go every week suddenly afford it with an upturn on the park? 

How can we have an upturn on the park when all the support do is boo and harass the team actually trying to play football? 

I cant see folk not going suddenly deciding "oh look, Dundee are sitting sixth, let's spend £30 this week on football tickets!" 

The club are in a massive catch 22. They're expected to balance the books, improve the product on the pitch, lower the prices so more folk attend and build a new stadium. Can't have it every way. 

Im willing to sit and wait to see what this £30 ticket entails before shouting my odds.

For me it's not about being able to afford it, it's about being willing to pay it. I can "afford" to pay £10 for a beer, in that I have it in my wallet, but I wont pay it because it's not worth it. It's the same with watching Dundee. It just isn't worth £30 and for that money, i can get more enjoyment doing something else.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

10 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Now there is no doubt they have added a huge number of fans to their gate due to success on the park but they pricing for individual games puts us to shame. 

I think they're getting an extra 300-400 through the turnstiles.

11 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Premium Games work out as low as only £18.42 if you can buy a season ticket. The club are pushing for people to buy season tickets, you save money in the long run rather than buying individual games. The club can't please everyone, £30 is expensive for Scottish football, I agree. 

Yeah but they need to explain what it’s for as they maybe add extras at that game like free pie programme etc

Constructive perks on offer there with the DeeTV, two additional match tickets for next season and additional match ticket for this season - the season ticket itself is worth more than this season for use.

We do need to do a lot more though - I'd have certainly liked to see family season tickets but hope that we can at least follow this up with some multi-game tickets of some sort. My instinct is that they've misjudged the feeling and get a considerable backlash over this £30 thing. They've obviously decided that we get little in the way of a home gate from the Old Firm so have decided to just write it off and take another £15k or so per fixture but I'm a bit worried that this will have a slight negligible impact overall. It doesn't matter if it's 'fair' or not, the principle of paying £30 for a match at Dundee is something that could dissuade people in games beyond the specific premium games.

2 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

My worry is that they've maybe misunderstood the concept of season tickets. I think we all want good value wherever we can find it but, largely, I think season tickets have not really been purchased for that reason. I think if they are seen as reasonable and fair, people are quite happy to go along with it as the perk of securing their seat and giving the club a little bit of a summer boost is worth it. People aren't generally thinking of paying the money to avoid paying an extra £5-10 a couple of times a month IMO.

It's like we're almost trying to justify the season ticket prices by driving the gate price up and as a result, we're all losers. We also all want the balance sheet to look good but it's become a race to the top in pricing in recent seasons and I fear what that will do to our long-term support. It's a really difficult balance to get right. The Killie example highlighted above does show a rival of a similar sort of size being able to offer something that I think most people would feel is reasonable.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I think they're getting an extra 300-400 through the turnstiles.

I noticed much higher figures quoted a couple places but you are usually not wrong with these things. 

I think the point still stands though that if we had a successful season like Killie we would see a good upturn in attendances particularly if we had a similar pricing policy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Premium Games work out as low as only £18.42 if you can buy a season ticket. The club are pushing for people to buy season tickets, you save money in the long run rather than buying individual games.

That's not much use to people who can't afford season tickets or won't get to enough games to justify buying one.

We seem to have zero interest as a club in attracting back lapsed fans or new fans but instead, fleecing the ones who still go with absolutely ridiculous pricing.

£26 for non derbies is not good at all. £30 for whatever is absolutely ridiculous for a game of football in Dundee. Early bird finishes far too early and "value" decreases big time across the board if we go down.

The only acceptable bits I've no problem with are the early bird prices and the category B pricing.

The rest is way out of touch after 2 relegation battles to lapsed fans or those still going but not really enjoying it.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

1 hour ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

You can flower it up whatever was you want but the simple fact is they are ripping off their own supporters if that is what Premium is (don’t think its confirmed yet).

Also call me old fashioned but surely the clubs objective should be trying to fill the ground with Home supporters in an attempt to give us a change of actually competing in these games rather than trying to grab a quick buck. If that’s their  strategy for games against the old firm then we might as well just give them the 3 points every time and not turn up. 

Surely we have a better chance of getting a result with a big noisy home crowd behind the payers rather than with the players running out to a packed away end and half empty Home end. That must be f**cking soul destroying for the players. Yes we may make a quick few quid but surely it’s not the way to progress the club as a whole. 

We don't get big noisy crowds against the old firm at Dens these days.  These old firm away games are invariably on TV now and a lot of ST holders, never mind potential PATG customers watch the game at home or in the pub.  We could probably sell out two stands to the old firm at £30 if we wanted to.  Good business sense.

12 minutes ago, Attilio said:

We don't get big noisy crowds against the old firm at Dens these days.  These old firm away games are invariably on TV now and a lot of ST holders, never mind potential PATG customers watch the game at home or in the pub.  We could probably sell out two stands to the old firm at £30 if we wanted to.  Good business sense.

We’ll surely it’s the boards job to get fans back Into the stadium and back the team.

The day we start selling more of the stadium to away fans than Home is the day we should all just give up, in the words of mixu “what’s the f**cking point”. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

We’ll surely it’s the boards job to get fans back Into the stadium and back the team.

The day we start selling more of the stadium to away fans than Home is the day we should all just give up, in the words of mixu “what’s the f**cking point”. 

A good winning team will get fans back, to have that we need a good team (which costs money). I can see both arguments from the club and the fans. Regardless I'll be buying one and sitting in the same seats :) Mon the Dee! 

Adblock Detected