Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ticket Prices Poll

Cobra

Ticket prices  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What is your view on £30 entry for top category games at Dens?

2. 2. Will the new ticket prices stop you attending games?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Just now, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Feel free to put it back Cobra.

Was just giving my personal opinion.

Don't think anyone's right or wrong in these debates. Just giving opinion on what they believe.

No I'll leave it out CW. I felt a bit unsure about it before posting and you confirmed my suspicion that some wouldn't like the wording.

FPS should have known that it was likely that we would make an operating loss before the sale of any players which had rarely happened prior to them taking over. It was stated that FPS were keen to invest in Dundee Football Club because we had no debt. A quick look at the Companies House website would have explained why we had no debt and how the club had been making losses prior to Calum Melville being appointed to the Dundee Football Club board of directors and bankrolling the club.

Leigh Griffiths was sold in January 2011 to Wolves for £150,000 but that was necessity to allow us to complete the 2010-11 season without going into liquidation.

If the PATG and / or season ticket prices keep increasing in price then it becomes a vicious circle with some supporters voting with their feet and deciding to stop attending home games at Dens.

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

No I'll leave it out CW. I felt a bit unsure about it before posting and you confirmed my suspicion that some wouldn't like the wording.

Out of curiosity, having just read the topic, what was the 'controversial' 3rd question?  

Maybe in your future polls, Cobra, you'll have to consider always adding an option "I don't like this question & won't answer it"? (or something less antagonistic) :o ....unfortunately the poll option doesn't let you 'abstain' from a question & submit your choices for the others. 

9 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Out of curiosity, having just read the topic, what was the 'controversial' 3rd question?  

Maybe in your future polls, Cobra, you'll have to consider always adding an option "I don't like this question & won't answer it"? (or something less antagonistic) :o ....unfortunately the poll option doesn't let you 'abstain' from a question & submit your choices for the others. 

It involved the Illuminati, I'm not surprised he it was removed. 

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

£30 ticket prices for all home games against Rangers, Celtic and United at Dens could easily amount to a £100k increase in income. 

Let's say the board have decided they need to find £100k for season 2018/19 because they're sick of paying for the club's losses. Where do you propose that £100k comes from if ticket prices remain static and the player wage bill remains the same?

If the board have decided they are sick of paying for the clubs losses, then we are truly phucked. £30 admission to Dens is not realistic IMO. I would reduce the wage budget before asking supporters to pay that kind of money. We are what we are and I dont think pricing what fans we do have,out of attending matches is the best option.

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

I asked if we should slash the wage budget to keep ticket prices down.

Our players apparently earn an average £60k a year compared with £55k at Killie, £48k at St Johnstone, £43k at Motherwell and £41k at Hamilton.

I imagine the club has the option to try and bring our average down to £50k and pass that saving on to the fans. I really just wanted to know what was more important to folk on here... Maximising the wage budget or minimising ticket prices.

Just now, Cobra said:

I asked if we should slash the wage budget to keep ticket prices down.

Our players apparently earn an average £60k a year compared with £55k at Killie, £48k at St Johnstone, £43k at Motherwell and £41k at Hamilton.

I imagine the club has the option to try and bring our average down to £50k and pass that saving on to the fans. I really just wanted to know what was more important to folk on here... Maximising the wage budget or minimising ticket prices.

Thanks....an interesting question. I wonder how many might have wanted the impossible 'both'? :)

Not related to the ticket prices announcement, but around the time of the 'we need 1,000 more fans every game' statement, I felt the board really needed to address the size of the squad, more than the average wage....though I'd expect it's NM's delegated responsibility to manage 'quality v quantity' as he sees fit.

It would also help a lot if we found a way to reduce our seemingly annual need to agree payoffs for players who've not really lived up to their pre-signing PR/reputation, or have fallen out with our managers. This really is just money thrown in a bucket, and set alight.

As Gordon Waddell, the Falkirk-supporting writer, said...."why don't the Dundee board just budget on the basis of the 3,500 ST holders they have, and stop trying to live beyond their means". It's a familiar criticism, and not one we can really object to.  :chin:

Adblock Detected