Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Motherwell And Kilmarnock


eyeothedug

Recommended Posts

We should be aiming re replicate their success and progress. Could you imagine us beating Aberdeen in a cup semi 3-0? No :) Aberdeen are terrible just now but we would still lose. Saw Hearts v Aberdeen last weekend and both sides were very very average. There's no reason why we can't regularly end up about those sides in the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
1 hour ago, eyeothedug said:

We should be aiming re replicate their success and progress. Could you imagine us beating Aberdeen in a cup semi 3-0? No :) Aberdeen are terrible just now but we would still lose. Saw Hearts v Aberdeen last weekend and both sides were very very average. There's no reason why we can't regularly end up about those sides in the league.

They’ve both got managers who play a system to suit the players they have. We have a manager who is trying to implement a system on players who are not capable of playing it. I would imagine that he thinks, we play better football than these 2 teams. I know what I would rather watch.

I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ranking Roger said:

They’ve both got managers who play a system to suit the players they have. We have a manager who is trying to implement a system on players who are not capable of playing it. I would imagine that he thinks, we play better football than these 2 teams. I know what I would rather watch.

I

100% this, completely down to the managers. Motherwell and Kilmarnock each have managers with a clue and we have Neil McCann.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ranking Roger said:

They’ve both got managers who play a system to suit the players they have. We have a manager who is trying to implement a system on players who are not capable of playing it. I would imagine that he thinks, we play better football than these 2 teams. I know what I would rather watch.

I

Yes agree but we don't play that much better football. I would rather be in the cup final and be top 6 with slightly inferior football!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If Motherwell's manager is so good at getting the best from his players how come they've only won 3 of their last 20 league games going back to November? We've won twice as many in that time.

But they’ve reached 2 cup finals, are safe in the league, and have beaten us 3 times at Dens, without us scoring a goal. Even when we drew at Fir Park, they played with 10 men for the last 20 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

And he's got them to a cup final - last Dundee manager to do that?

Kerno took us to Hampden. Danny Lennon and Kenny Shiels lifted major trophies. A good season in the cups and mediocrity in the league doesn't suggest you're a great manager. It suggests you rode your luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ranking Roger said:

But they’ve reached 2 cup finals, are safe in the league, and have beaten us 3 times at Dens, without us scoring a goal. Even when we drew at Fir Park, they played with 10 men for the last 20 minutes.

Motherwell, Ross County, Hamilton and St Johnstone all took advantage of the fact that we struggle at home against weak teams especially after going behind.

Also, we've shown against Motherwell, St Johnstone and Killie (off the top of my head) that we're not particularly good at making the extra man count.

Well have had a better season than us but I don't think you can say it's black and white (Robinson is doing things right and McCann is doing things wrong). Three wins in 20 league games is rubbish for any team and suggests they've got plenty problems themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Motherwell, Ross County, Hamilton and St Johnstone all took advantage of the fact that we struggle at home against weak teams especially after going behind.

Also, we've shown against Motherwell, St Johnstone and Killie (off the top of my head) that we're not particularly good at making the extra man count.

Well have had a better season than us but I don't think you can say it's black and white (Robinson is doing things right and McCann is doing things wrong). Three wins in 20 league games is rubbish for any team and suggests they've got plenty problems themselves.

Football is all about results. We have only 1 win in 10 league games. Hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic, also took advantage of us being shite at home.

With regards to your 10 men comment, should it not be the manager who coaches the players to make the extra man count?

This season Robinson is obviously doing more things right, than McCann, as they’ve totally owned us this season.

Your logic is flawed, mate.

Edited by Ranking Roger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Kerno took us to Hampden. Danny Lennon and Kenny Shiels lifted major trophies. A good season in the cups and mediocrity in the league doesn't suggest you're a great manager. It suggests you rode your luck.

What does getting knocked out in the 5th round, and total mediocrity suggest?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.


×
×
  • Create New...