The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
islaydarkblue

Islay On Tonight's (April 16th) One Show At 7pm

Rate this topic

Tonight’s One Show on BBC 1 at 7pm will include a film report about a beach clean on the Big Strand Islay.

Included in the 11 strong team of beach cleaners is local Argyll and Bute councillor Alastair Redman whose nickname is Bob (Brain of Britain).

Sadly I am not one of the beach cleaners as I knew nothing about it until I read the article in last Saturday’s Ileach newspaper.

I used to “do my bit” keeping my nearby beach clean when I collected driftwood for our wood burning fire.

I was collecting driftwood the afternoon that Neil McCann scored the winner again Raith Rovers in the Deefiant season. I did not know the score  and when I got home the first thing my wife said to me was “Neil McCann scored the winner against Raith Rovers”.

Happy Days!

• Like 1

Well, what a waste of an hour of my life....unless one of the stony beaches the reporter was talking from was on Islay (I suspect not), there appeared to be no mention or sight of the Island....just the scary sight of Gove grinning every now & again. :chin:

2 hours ago, WoodStein said:

Well, what a waste of an hour of my life....unless one of the stony beaches the reporter was talking from was on Islay (I suspect not), there appeared to be no mention or sight of the Island....just the scary sight of Gove grinning every now & again. :chin:

Hi WoodStein,

Sorry about the duff information. I watched the One Show and also had recorded it. I watched the recording and there was nothing about Islay on it. The Big Strand is a sandy beach with some shingle.

The first paragraph of the article in the Ileach dated 14th April 2018 stated “ Islay’s Big Strand beach will be appearing on BBC’s The One Show as part of a feature looking at beach pollution. The article goes on to say that 11 Islay Development Initiative volunteers were filmed collecting tonnes of plastic rubbish.

The final paragraph states “The feature is scheduled to appear on The One Show on Monday 16th April”.

It looks like the film report from Islay ended up on the cutting room floor.

On 20/04/2018 at 12:05, Sebastiano Nela said:

You should write to the editor of the Ileach demanding an explanation for the TDB masses

Do not worry I intend to do so.

The editor is an Aberdeen supporter.

• Funny 1