The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Sebastiano Nela

Kenny Miller

Rate this topic

Don't think he can unfortunately, although i'd defo sign him in the summer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

C’mon Miller is 38. He’s basically finished and only looking for another payday. 

He's significantly better than any striker currently on our books.

I was thinking short term till end of season - not a 2 or 3 year deal or anything daft like that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sebastiano Nela said:

He's significantly better than any striker currently on our books.

I was thinking short term till end of season - not a 2 or 3 year deal or anything daft like that

Agree with this.

Seen it against us every time he's played against us since and including the cup defeat 2 years ago.

What's happened at Rangers? Didn't catch the OF game or any knock on fall outs.

2 minutes ago, Dariusz Dee said:

I’m sure this is the 3rd manager he’s fallen out with at them lot. Not for me.

My thinking too. Loves leading a player revolt. I like him as a player a she is a trier and does at least give a sh*t but it's toys out of the pram when he doesn't get his way and runs to the press at the first opportunity. I expect there to always be fall outs and fights all over the shop when a team reacts to that sort scenario but when it leads to players briefing against a manager (who was totally justified in not playing Miller - his easiest tactical decision) that's crossed a line and is someone I wouldn't really want here. Say what you want about Murty but the guys he's inherited are in a different universe from Celtic's playing squad and his limited signings have probably been quite good.

If it was a short term thing under management he liked, I'd maybe see it but it's not really viable here. He can't play for anyone else this season and I suspect that if he is around next year, it'd be someone in the central belt. Kilmarnock most likely.

3 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Agree with this.

Seen it against us every time he's played against us since and including the cup defeat 2 years ago.

What's happened at Rangers? Didn't catch the OF game or any knock on fall outs.

He's always been class against us but just naturally aged and declined quite a bit this season. He's kept himself very fit for his age but he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter at any top 6 club anymore.

Wouldn't question that he'd be a brilliant asset here right now. I would worry what he'd be like in a years time though.

If it was short term til end of this season then aye (which wont happen tho) but in regards to next season then its a big NO from me.

Can't happen this season.

Next season I would 100% take him if he can maintain same levels of fitness which it would appear he can. His ability to score has improved with age. Miles ahead of anyone we've got even if he is 38. Probably still the best striker Rangers have IMO.

The suggestion of him maybe going to Killie next season would create the possibility of what would surely be the oldest striking partnership in Scottish Football history, a combined age of 76, I think?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

The suggestion of him maybe going to Killie next season would create the possibility of what would surely be the oldest striking partnership in Scottish Football history, a combined age of 76, I think?

They would still be 76 times more effective than our strike force 

• Funny 1

If Rangers tear up his contract surely that makes him a free agent like Caulker?

I think he's got a very high opinion of himself. I'd leave the egotistical maniac to go and sign somewhere like Dundee United if it were me making the decision. 

He could replace that other Old Firm egotistical w**k that they already have in Scott McDonald.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

If Rangers tear up his contract surely that makes him a free agent like Caulker?

Not entirely sure but I think the start of March is the latest any free agent can be registered for this season. 

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

You can't just say someone is a free agent and let them move outside the window, it'd pretty much make the window pointless as 99% of deals done in Scotland are free transfers where players get their contracts ripped up anyway. If they aren't free agents by the time the window is closed, they can't join a team domestically - only nations where the transfer window is still open. Employment ending doesn't automatically transfer a players registration.

Also, the 31st March rule as the last date to sign players in a season too.

• Like 1

Just seen the report. Lee Wallace, whilst definitely out of our price range, would be an excellent signing.

I’d take Miller even for next year. Keeps himself fit, knows where the goal is, finisher, and brings a wealth of experience. 

1 year deal id take if it wasn’t too costly from our perspective.