Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Looking To The Summer

10 hours ago, Rosco said:

If they do go down, and he’s on a very good wage they won’t offer him a new deal unless he’s takes a massive pay cut. 

Didn’t actually realise he was 31, I thought he was mid 20s. 

Having said that, is the much quoted (on here) Ali Crawford not nearing that age?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I would take Spittal and mcginn from thistle assuming they're doomed. Fraser from Arabs would be great but not likely given hearts rumour. Boyce from about to be relegated side. Cannae mind the team. Right sided middy a must. Stewart? 

:wub:

13 minutes ago, travellingdee said:

I didn't realise he was still relatively young. Seems to have been around forever.

I can't believe that such a highly rated player has remained at Hamilton for so long. Every year he seems to be linked with a big move but it doesn't happen. I suppose there's a reason for that. Maybe he's inconsistent like Harkins.

20 minutes ago, cg73 said:

I would take Spittal and mcginn from thistle assuming they're doomed. Fraser from Arabs would be great but not likely given hearts rumour. Boyce from about to be relegated side. Cannae mind the team. Right sided middy a must. Stewart? 

:wub:

Sure Boyce plays for Burton Albion, would be a good singing.

Would love us to sign Boyce but Burton paid half a million for him, he's tied down until 2020 and is their main man up front. They're heading to League One but I imagine the club will be keen for him to help them get promoted. Seems unlikely they'd write off their investment to let him go to Dundee.

1 hour ago, Rosco said:

From a distance, Haber looks abit like Caulker with specks on. 

Or maybe I’m the one needing specks. 

I actually made this mistake the other day when the club put up training photos. I was about to announce to everyone that Haber had made a miraculous recovery!

Regarding the Sammon shouts, the problem is that while he is out of contract this summer, both Haber and Moussa are tied down until 2019. I don't see how we can justify signing a third target man, especially one who has a habit of going long spells without a goal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I actually made this mistake the other day when the club put up training photos. I was about to announce to everyone that Haber had made a miraculous recovery!

Can’t remember if they have ever both been in the same team. 

The mystery deepens. 

:lol2:

• Funny 1

12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Regarding the Sammon shouts, the problem is that while he is out of contract this summer, both Haber and Moussa are tied down until 2019. I don't see how we can justify signing a third target man, especially one who has a habit of going long spells without a goal.

I don't think it's out of the question that we'll be able to move one of the two on for free or next to nothing.

Moussa has had some interesting stints in countries with a better coefficient than Scotland and seems to be fairly well connected while Haber as well has the Canada link which could see him maybe attract interest from the other side of the pond as well as being considered a decent forward in this level if fit.

Obviously, they aren't obliged to move on but I think it's workable without great financial compensation. From what I understand too, people have grossly overestimated what Dundee pay to players as well as we've been cutting our cloth since the O'Dea & Haber renewals by exchanging cost for a bit of security. It's quite possible that these guys could have similar earning elsewhere.

In Haber's case, there may well also be something like 'falling below x amount of appearances means contract can be terminated by x% less' or something.

Adblock Detected