The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Travellingdee

Question

Rate this topic

East Stirling hold the record for Scottish football. They finished with 8 points in 2003/04.

Derby's 11 points in the season they were in the Premier League under Davies is the lowest in English Football since it's been three points for a win. A few similar records in other European countries that I can see but still generally within the 10-15 point range.

On the subject of Brechin I noticed the other day that they haven't won a second tier game since 2006. No prizes for guessing where it came.

That was a grim night. 1800 folk watching as Kerno's Dundee lost at home to relegated Brechin. And we think we have problems now.

g2thObX.jpg

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

So brechin are officially shite? 

I think they're just a wee club who are at their appropriate level in Div.1, where they're capable of doing quite well....they clearly come unstuck against the full-time teams any time they get promoted.

I don't think they ever played in the 'old' Division 1, in the 18-team league decades, but could survive happily around the middle/top half of old Division 2.

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

On the subject of Brechin I noticed the other day that they haven't won a second tier game since 2006. No prizes for guessing where it came.

That was a grim night. 1800 folk watching as Kerno's Dundee lost at home to relegated Brechin. And we think we have problems now.

g2thObX.jpg

I missed a lot of games because of working away but I can't remember playing Brechin in the league. Maybe an age thing right enough. 

I my opinion Brechin are hopelessly out of their depth this season in the Championship. They would be far better playing in League One and finishing in the top half of that league every season.

Spare a thought for Fort William FC supporters whose team are currently bottom of the Highland League having played 30 games won nil, drawn 4 lost 26 goals for 25, goals against 157 points 4.

4 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I missed a lot of games because of working away but I can't remember playing Brechin in the league. Maybe an age thing right enough. 

Oh, I do. That defeat to Brechin was the night (from memory) that I watched Tam McManus and Simon Lynch stand and shake their heads as Kerno made ever more baffling substitutions and tactical changes. The pair genuinely looked at each other and shrugged as though to say "what the f**k is happening here?"

They were right.

• Like 1

Brechin have had a really hard season, no one really expected them to come up, but the play offs can do that now and again, and they played really well against a good Alloa side to come up! But if you got points for being a good caring club they would be top of any league a great wee set up, run by real football people who have a lot more than just winning on their mind, we could all learn a lot by taking a leaf out of their book, and I personally hope they get a win before the end of the season and continue to admire the people who run and support this great club! Much better than watching the Ugly Sisters!

• Like 3