The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
blueboy

Moussa

Rate this topic

Baffled. Why has it taken so long for the guy to come good? He was superb yesterday, abysmal at Tynecastle to name but one awful performance. 

Cult hero in the making. 

Has it taken him this long to get fit or what? 

McCann working hard on getting him in the positions. We are a worse team when he isnt in the squad, his hold up play is excellent. 

Imagine him & hemmings ? 

I don't think he's ever been that abysmal since the early games tbh. He's generally been allergic to scoring but he's always been a reasonable target man IMO.

Early games were pretty brutal when he'd just throw people over and then take a full fit in the referees face - I think he maybe got away with quite a lot more abroad and has taken a bit of time to adapt.

Hamilton away is his most under rated performance IMO.

• Like 3

I think the issue with Moussa this season is that strikers are judged on goals and some see other parts of a strikers game irrelevant.

Have been saying to a few this season that Dundee are a better team when he plays. He gets us up the park and links up very, very well.

As a target man I rate him quite highly, he seems to have overcome his pettiness and is now timing his runs a lot better.

If it’s just taken him time to adapt to the Scottish game, it’s came at the right time. Both goals yesterday were executed well by him.

Would like to seem him get into the box quicker after linking up though, so we can get a ball into the box for him to attack from deep.

Up the Mouss

• Like 3

You can spin this anyway you like but he has been pretty mediocre all season.Yesterday he delivered and deserves a lot of credit.

A super header to set off the terracings. It was a great day.

• Like 1

The clumsy ineffective  guy we have despaired at all season was excellent yesterday.O.K.,he made a few trademark howlers but was top dollar otherwise.Yesterday we had the makings of a decent strike force.For once we attacked with vigour which is something we should have been doing all season.

49 minutes ago, binhoker said:

The clumsy ineffective  guy we have despaired at all season was excellent yesterday.O.K.,he made a few trademark howlers but was top dollar otherwise.Yesterday we had the makings of a decent strike force.For once we attacked with vigour which is something we should have been doing all season.

Bin your account been hacked?:D

He's not here to take part, he's here to take over. Glad the big man is getting the praise he's always deserved, a World Cup bound hero. f**k the haters. B)

• Funny 1
  • Like 3

Could it be possible that  after all the pelters he's had all season Moussa could end up being our player of the year? ?

2 hours ago, SM1893 said:

If it’s just taken him time to adapt to the Scottish game, it’s came at the right time. Both goals yesterday were executed well by him.

I got torn apart on here around October time for daring to suggest some foreign players need time to adapt to the Scottish game.

Am delighted for the player that he's getting rewarded for his hard work.

• Like 3

Was looking at our form at Dens and it dawned on me that Moussa is responsible for 5 of the 7 goals we've scored since the start of December and you could argue all seven points that we've picked up.

jhqdoT5.jpg

It's pretty poor that nobody in the squad has produced a man of the match performance to inspire us to a point at home in the last half season (other than Moussa). Don't know whether it's the fear factor preventing certain players from delivering but we're going to need more from them next season.

Moussa still had moments of folly but there isn't anyone better in our squad to act as a target man. We need that option and I hope he will build on the game yesterday.

5 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

Bin your account been hacked?:D

It seems that I  am not allowed to post anything negative . After all, we have the best team in the world, the best manager, the best full backs...............

5 hours ago, Wackyjim said:

Could it be possible that  after all the pelters he's had all season Moussa could end up being our player of the year? ?

Now there’s an idea. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Wackyjim said:

If he scores in every game between now and the end of the season then he should win it!